Salt Loading Induced Acute Hyperhidrosis And Cold Hands Why!

GorillaHead

So I’ve been trying to solve my cold feet problem I’ve had for a while now with absolutely zero success. Only things that work is alcohol and marijuana. Very frustrating that drugs are the only way toinduce a sense of well being.

I’ve read dopamine agonist increase peripheral blood flow. I also read that since I am warm when I wake up and as soon as I get up I start to get cold feet, this may be related to noradrenaline. So load up on salt.

1.5 teas-spoon of salt later. I am sweating like crazy. And now my hands are super clammy. So much for salt loading.

how did this happen?

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Try 2 teaspoons spread throughout the day. I make brine with 1/2 teaspoon per cup of water and drink 1 cup 4x daily. :2cents:
Why would I try more when it made me colder than ever ? I don’t see how it being spread out would be beneficial.

alephx

Hey @GorillaHead, first thank you for your posts and research, I've followed a lot of your thoughts on hair loss and its causes.

I struggled quite a bit with cold hands after a stint with keto some 5 years ago. One thing that improved it a lot, was supplementing magnesium. Also, unless it is a sunny day and I'll get sun or it is quite warm, I find I do not tolerate coffee as much as I would like to. One cup of coffee and it can be enough to make my feet start to feel a bit cold. Especially if, I'm just at my office (it is a bit chilly), or otherwise not physically active. Something else, that literally would make my hands feel not just OK but seriously warm, is good quality wheat germ oil (think mostly due to the vitamin E), but this only makes sense if you are eating only Sat fat other than the wheat germ and even then I would take it too often.

One question I have for you is what kind of exercise do you do? I find that even going for a 5 min run makes my circulation so much better for the rest of the day.

marcar72

Why would I try more when it made me colder than ever ? I don’t see how it being spread out would be beneficial.

2 teaspoons isn't even 1 tablespoon. You stated you took 1 & 1/2 tablespoons which would be 4.5 teaspoons. If you took that all at once it's no wonder you're having a reaction to it. Maybe you need to lay off the dope a bit, guy. :2cents:

GorillaHead

2 teaspoons isn't even 1 tablespoon. You stated you took 1 & 1/2 tablespoons which would be 4.5 teaspoons. If you took that all at once it's no wonder you're having a reaction to it. Maybe you need to lay off the dope a bit, guy. :2cents:

My apologies I meant to say teaspoon not tablespoon.
Hey @GorillaHead, first thank you for your posts and research, I've followed a lot of your thoughts on hair loss and its causes.

I struggled quite a bit with cold hands after a stint with keto some 5 years ago. One thing that improved it a lot, was supplementing magnesium. Also, unless it is a sunny day and I'll get sun or it is quite warm, I find I do not tolerate coffee as much as I would like to. One cup of coffee and it can be enough to make my feet start to feel a bit cold. Especially if, I'm just at my office (it is a bit chilly), or otherwise not physically active. Something else, that literally would make my hands feel not just OK but seriously warm, is good quality wheat germ oil (think mostly due to the vitamin E), but this only makes sense if you are eating only Sat fat other than the wheat germ and even then I would take it too often.

One question I have for you is what kind of exercise do you do? I find that even going for a 5 min run makes my circulation so much better for the rest of the day.

thank you for the praise.

So i actually take 400mg of magnesium glycinate everyday. Ive been increasing my zinc lately.

I only lift. But i almost never ever do any aerobic excercise.

lampofred

Salt causing hyperhydrosis means your temperature set point is very low. I think vitamin A, protein, and thyroid would help. I think cold feet is actually very complex, just like poor sleep, baldness, low body temperature, menopause, etc. Aside from vitamin A, protein, thyroid to raise body temperature, vitamin D and maybe copper might help to lower adrenaline and increase blood flow to feet even at lower body temperatures.

I would be careful with vitamin D though, Dr. Peat recommends it freely, but I'm still not able to understand whether low vitamin D is actually the problem or whether it's just a symptom of another problem (of excess iron relative to copper for example).

Ableton

Did you try iodine ? It helps me.
Same
And know of one more guy who it helped
Since my first couple drops of lugols I haven’t felt cold even once, and I usually do all the time
The other thing to keep in mind is copper

GorillaHead

Same
Since my first couple drops of lugols I haven’t felt cold even once, and I usually do all the time

As in too low or too high?

Ableton

Too low I think
Plenty of accounts of copper supplementation working, of chocolate helping etc
I wouldn’t mess with mineral supplementation
If I was you I‘d try high dose oysters for ratios, and lugols although ray doesn’t seem to recommend iodine
Maybe try chocolate while you are waiting for your orders

GorillaHead

Too low I think
Plenty of accounts of copper supplementation working, of chocolate helping etc
I wouldn’t mess with mineral supplementation
If I was you I‘d try high dose oysters for ratios, and lugols although ray doesn’t seem to recommend iodine
Maybe try chocolate while you are waiting for your orders

Thats interesting. Because if the issue is caused by noradrenaline Then copper would only make things worse not better

alephx

Same
I can vouch for the iodine too helping cold hands, however the reason I'm a bit hesitant to recommend it is so good that I think it easily masks underlying issues. But maybe try 1 drop in a glass of water. How do your cold hands react to sunlight?

Ableton

I can vouch for the iodine too helping cold hands, however the reason I'm a bit hesitant to recommend it is so good that I think it easily masks underlying issues. But maybe try 1 drop in a glass of water. How do your cold hands react to sunlight?

I get warm, even if its cold outside...

It always seems to come back to this.

Increased Levels of Plasma Noradrenaline in Hypothyroidism

I dont get how my tsh is between 1-2

Ans t3 ans t4 seem in normal ranges.

And i am 155 pounds 5,10 and still hypo

I mean the fact everyone is using thyroid supplementation doesnt signal to me a solution. But it signals a serious problem

my t3 and 4 were in perfect range when my tsh was 4.4 and I was extremely hypo
In other words it means ***t imo

GorillaHead

I get warm, even if its cold outside...

my t3 and 4 were in perfect range when my tsh was 4.4 and I was extremely hypo
In other words it means ***t imo

All my numbers are in perfect range. Tsh could be below 1. But still

Ableton

I also feel like there is a certain winter sleep kind of mechanism that reacts to natural light. I’m simply coldest when I get no sunlight (in a matter of 1 day, so its not vit d). I can then sit in the sun during winter at 0 degrees and get warmer. On the contrary, I can be cold in a warm but dark/blue light room.
When I go camping I’m literally glowing all day despite undereating, as long as it’s not super cold and wet.
Fixing circardian rhythm is probably your best bet in tackling this, as well as red lights instead of blue light usage

GorillaHead

I also feel like there is a certain winter sleep kind of mechanism that reacts to natural light. I’m simply coldest when I get no sunlight (in a matter of 1 day, so its not vit d). I can then sit in the sun during winter at 0 degrees and get warmer. On the contrary, I can be cold in a warm but dark/blue light room.
When I go camping I’m literally glowing all day despite undereating, as long as it’s not super cold and wet.
Fixing circardian rhythm is probably your best bet in tackling this, as well as red lights instead of blue light usage

I sleep extremely well. I wake up naturally around 7am everyday. Fall asleep around 11pm.

I am supplementing 3000mcg of vitamin a day. And a 10mg of zinc and 2 mg of copper and 600 iu of vitamin D a day.

My feet still always struggle to stay warm.

what the F