Salt Encourages Tumor Growth ( Revici Experiments)

burtlancast

Emanuel Revici claimed alimentary sodium chloride (in excess) caused enhanced tumor growth and enhanced atherosclerosis. (without actually claiming it was the prime cause of them)

He patented different compounds to counteract these deleterious effects.

Here's the summary of his experience on salt causing enhanced atherosclerosis:

"New Zealand rabbits were given 2 grams of cholesterol a day, orally, together with their food. Sacrificed after one month, they showed atheromatous lesions of the aorta. The animals sacrificed after only two weeks of receiving the cholesterol showed only few minimal lesions or none at all. The addition of sodium chloride (3% to the drinking water) to the animals receiving 2 g of cholesterol daily was seen to induce manifest aorta lesions and this after only two weeks of treatment with cholesterol."

It's detailed in his
1985 Patent US 4499078 A: Methods for counteracting the deleterious effects of sodium chloride. (on atherosclerosis)

And here is his experience about enhanced tumor growth effect:

" The manifest action of sodium chloride upon the appearance and growth of cancers has been established through several experiments. Tumors were produced by a transplant into the hind leg of rats and mice. These tumors were found to grow larger and more rapidly when the animals also received sodium chloride in their drinking water. The size and growth of the resultant tumors caused the animals to die earlier than those who did not ingest the salt.

In groups of 100 exbreeder mice of the strain FC1, the number of spontaneous mammary tumors and the death from other conditions was recorded, during a one year observation. Spontaneous cancer was shown to be increased by the salt intake. In untreated animals, considered as controls, the average for 100 animals in one year observation was around 44% of spontaneous mammary cancers and of 15% death from other conditions than cancer. The addition of 2% salt in drinking water increased the spontaneous cancer to 65% for one year and a mortality of 20% from other conditions.

In animals injected intramuscularly with the carcinogens methylcholanthrene or benzyprene, the number of positive results was not only markedly increased but the tumors appeared earlier when the animals also ingested salt.

All these experiments are indicative of a marked enhancement upon the appearance, growth and malignant evolution of cancer by the action of ingested sodium chloride."

1987 Patent US 4663165 A: Method for counteracting the adverse effects of sodium chloride (on cancer)

Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

"sodium chlorite (in excess)"

"The fact is that the diet of people in civilized countries includes an amount of salt which is about ten times higher than the amount considered to be necessary physiologically. Thus, applicant believes that the high occurrence of arteriosclerosis and even cancer may be at least partially attributed to this high sodium chloride intake"
Patent US4663165 - Method for counteracting the adverse effects of sodium chloride

"It has become apparent in recent years that the ingestion of sodium chloride, especially at the higher levels to which humans have become accustomed, has deleterious effects, mainly related to the cardiovascular system, e.g., high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis, but also encourages growth of tumors. Efforts to restrict the ingestion of salt by eating low or unsalted food or substituting condiments has not been very successful."
Brevet US4499078 - Methods for counteracting the deleterious effects of sodium chloride

T

tca300

" When thyroid function is normal, sodium is usually efficiently retained, so that a diet of mostly fruit and milk wouldn’t necessarily require extra sodium." Ray Peat

Ray has hinted several times to me through email, not much is required, and too much makes you "salt dependent".

Last edited by a moderator:

Mjhl85

" the diet of people in civilized countries includes an amount of salt which is about ten times higher than the amount considered to be necessary physiologically."

I think many of us are here in spite of these "diets of civilized countries" especially pufa. With that would also come the common sense and reasonable "salting to taste" and not totally avoiding it either as anotehr extreme.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Ray has hinted several times to me through email, not much is required, and too much makes you "salt dependent".

Ray rightly points out too little salt is dangerous and unhealthy.
But he remains quiet on the opposite (too much salt).

Where does that leave us?

DaveFoster

Do you think the negative effects of sodium chloride attribute to the sodium, or the chloride? Or both?

Mjhl85

I think we should have some responsibility for our decisions. No extremes, to taste, and a natural avoidance of most "prepared foods"
If you learn the basics it leaves us just fine.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Do you think the negative effects of sodium chloride attribute to the sodium, or the chloride? Or both?

Ray's official response is that salt's negative effects are simply the manifestations of a lack of enough potassium, magnesium and calcium.

DaveFoster

Ray's official response is that salt's negative effects are simply the manifestations of a lack of enough potassium, magnesium and calcium.
So a balanced electrolyte supplement, particularly magnesium along with sodium could attenuate the effect.

Mjhl85

So a balanced electrolyte supplement, particularly magnesium along with sodium could attenuate the effect.
Yes. And thats where eating right comes into play. It becomes a nonissue once you get the facts and make the right choices.

T

tca300

I think we should have some responsibility for our decisions. No extremes, to taste, and a natural avoidance of most "prepared foods"
If you learn the basics it leaves us just fine.
Wow, just about what I was going to say! +1

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Except that the amount of potassium, calcium and magnesium needed increases exponentially the more salt gets ingested.

Now, you tell me, if you have cancer, do you cut on your salt?

David PS

I believe that potassium (K) is the more important electrolyte that is not in the diet. (My diet has lots of calcium and and I supplement with magnesium). One needs to watch the sodium to potassium ratio. Not having enough potassium in the diet has been associated with high blood pressure. See
https://www.amazon.com/High-Blood-P...=UTF8&qid=1482262137&sr=8-2&keywords=k+factor

I find it hard to get enough potassium in my diet. I supplement with potassium bicarbonate, which is used in the wine making industry. It is very inexpensive. I mix it into my coffee and I have developed a preference for including it in my brew.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_16?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=potassium+bicarbonate+food+grade&sprefix=Potassium+carbon,aps,157&crid=626VOK88OJKG

Last edited:

David PS

Here is the video that inspired me to start using potassium bicarbonate.

Amazoniac

Except that the amount of potassium, calcium and magnesium needed increases exponentially the more salt gets ingested.

Now, you tell me, if you have cancer, do you cut on your salt?
burtlan, you playfully mentioned on the other thread that it was Max Gerson's daugther the responsible for Ray losing interest in his treatment; however it seems that in order to accept it, he would need to reconcile a few aspects, not just the salt.
Do you know, aside from what's stated in these authors' books, if patients depend on the protocol to remain well? This is not about the merit of any of the treatments, but it's possible that Ray doesn't manifest much interest in them because he might view the protocols as a way to cope, that doesn't fix the cause of the disease.
What do you think?

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Do you know, aside from what's stated in these authors' books, if patients depend on the protocol to remain well? This is not about the merit of any of the treatments, but it's possible that Ray doesn't manifest much interest in them because he might view the protocols as a way to cope, that doesn't fix the cause of the disease.
What do you think?

As i've said many times, Ray dosn't really have a cancer cure plan.
Except anecdotal bits and pieces here and there, like personal accounts of cures (leukemia cured by egg noggs, etc...)

I believe he actually avoids the subject of cancer cure like the pest ( )....

That's why i reckon it's a missed opportunity by him not to comment on the Gerson diet, which, let's recognize, cures people without really explaining how, and hasn't been further developed since it appeared in the 1950's.

As far as cured cancer patients needing to remain on the diet for tens of years; yes, but it's a modified therapy, sort of half normal and half Gerson.

It's explained in the books.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals