Salicylates And Tinnitus

scoobydoo

Sorry I've been posting a lot, but I just keep finding new things to ask you intelligent folk about! This is is on salicylate sensitivities. I have found that my tinnitus seems to increase drastically when consuming salicylate rich foods and/or aspirin. I also seem to get bouts of insomnia from salicylates as well. Is there a way to support proper digestion and assimilation of salicylates so these are not so pronounced? I wasn't sure if there was perhaps a strain of probiotics that aid in this or if I should just go on a low salicylate diet and trash the aspirin.

Barry

Wow! I recently started taking a daily low-dose aspirin and I have been having problems with tinnitus as well. I am going to try stopping the aspirin and seeing what happens. Thanks for posting this.

somuch4food

There's something going on with salicylates. I'm also diving into this subject. I'm going lowish salicylates, no more berries :(

I really didn't like the idea of not being able to enjoy fruits anymore and so I researched this a bit more. It seems that a sluggish liver can cause this issue and that you need to support Phase 2 of liver detoxification. From what I have found, reduced activity from Sulfur transferase can cause this intolerance.

Taking 1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate in a litre of water can help reduce the symptoms, but shouldn't be taken too often because you risk creating other imbalances. I have found baking soda and/or Epsom Salt baths help as well.

OP
S

scoobydoo

There's something going on with salicylates. I'm also diving into this subject. I'm going lowish salicylates, no more berries :(

I really didn't like the idea of not being able to enjoy fruits anymore and so I researched this a bit more. It seems that a sluggish liver can cause this issue and that you need to support Phase 2 of liver detoxification. From what I have found, reduced activity from Sulfur transferase can cause this intolerance.

Taking 1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate in a litre of water can help reduce the symptoms, but shouldn't be taken too often because you risk creating other imbalances. I have found baking soda and/or Epsom Salt baths help as well.

that makes sense that poor liver function would affect this

Sefton10

1639917590589.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals