Salicylate Intolerance?

yurt

Having suffering the effects of food intolerance for many years, I've also wanted to know the answer to this question.

One review article summerises salicylate intolerance as "...altered generation and metabolism of arachidonic acid and eicosanoids, and prostaglandins and leukotrienes..."

In support of this hypothesis, high-dose fish oil supplements were used in one study to control salicylate intolerance.

Some people must restort to radical diet alteration to ease their symptoms.

None of this explains how one may acquire this intolerance (it may suddenly appear after an accident or stressful life event).

OP
M

Motif

Yeah, I was already starting Omega 3 but then discovered ray peat.
But if this would really help ....

fradon

i'm dealing with this after drinking pure cranberry juice for a week. which is super high in salycylates and i was having asthma like symptoms and also strong tinnitus. I even got some issues eating pure sugar and someone else mentioned the same but they did not have a bad reaction with organic sugar.

some of the agriculture methods can increase things like oxalates, salycyclates, nitiries, and other lectins. some poeple are inefficient in dealing with them and they build up in the body and then they get sick.

this article tells how to increase sulphate which helps lower salycyclates using b2, b5, and omega 3
Salicylate Intolerance

heres a short video on the subject

OP
M

Motif

Yeah here we go with omega 3 again. I still don't know if I should try it or not

yurt

I doubt that fish oil is a rational treatment for salicylate intolerance, for all the reasons mentioned by Ray Peat.

Apparently in high doses, fish oil is "drug-like" in its action, suppressing the immune system and acting as an anti-inflammatory, hence the positive effects in some cases.

I suppose if someone with salicylate intolerance were suffering from chronic pain and were unable to sleep without high-dose aspirin, then the (long-term) negative effects of PUFAs would seem inconsequential.

OP
M

Motif

I'm desperate.
Thinking about trying fish oil high dosed for it

Z

Zsazsa

When I went low carb many years ago I developed a severe salicylate intolerance, mainly induced/aggravated by coconut oil. What really reversed it was glutamine (which I paired with gelatin and NAC). Other supplements seemed to help while taking glutamine, like Zn, Cu, Se.

L_C

I read somewhere on the forum that usually aspirin intolerance is due to H Pylori.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals