Salicylate For Alzheimers (Aspirin)

OP
ken

ken

salicylate for alzheimers

the glycine soda. (there's suppose to be a picture, i guess i haven't figured this posting out yet)

Attachments

• IMG_20150925_165556 (2).jpg
    IMG_20150925_165556 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 678

haidut

Forum Supporter

Such_Saturation said:
post 101305
haidut said:
post 101301
So, I think you can spread the word far and wide - aspirin cures Alzheimer disease (AD)!

Shhh :yipes

giphy.gif

Well, I am just quoting the conclusion of their research:):
With the added clarification (from them) that aspirin should work as well as salsalate in vivo.

Last edited by a moderator:

narouz

haidut said:
With the added clarification (from them) that aspirin should work as well as salsalate in vivo.

If true, this is amazing (duh :) ).
I've been trying my dad on this,
working up to the suggested levels.

I've had problems with him though in that he gets those blood-under-the-skin spots on his arms
from aspirin.
I've found that I can control that with K2 in high doses--previously about 15mg/day.
I'm going to see if giving him 10mg with each 325mg aspirin keeps away the blood spots
(which in and of themselves I'm not too worried about...but I think they may betoken deeper malfunctions/imbalances...)

Do you have any other ideas about controlling that "bruising"?
Maybe exceeding 45mg with the K2-4? (K2-4 seems pretty safe in high doses as far as I know.)
What about adding a little K2-7?
Or maybe adding K1...?
Or...other things...?

haidut

Forum Supporter

narouz said:
post 101653
haidut said:

If true, this is amazing (duh :) ).
I've been trying my dad on this,
working up to the suggested levels.

I've had problems with him though in that he gets those blood-under-the-skin spots on his arms
from aspirin.
I've found that I can control that with K2 in high doses--previously about 15mg/day.
I'm going to see if giving him 10mg with each 325mg aspirin keeps away the blood spots
(which in and of themselves I'm not too worried about...but I think they may betoken deeper malfunctions/imbalances...)

Do you have any other ideas about controlling that "bruising"?
Maybe exceeding 45mg with the K2-4? (K2-4 seems pretty safe in high doses as far as I know.)
What about adding a little K2-7?
Or maybe adding K1...?
Or...other things...?

Some people on the forum reported better effects on blood coagulation with the LEF combo vitamin K. Probably because it contains K1 as well. If it works, it will be cheaper than a high dose of K2 even though the K2 itself is probably more beneficial for Alzheimers.

Perhaps aspirin + vitamin K would make a good specialty combo ;)

haidut

Forum Supporter

Such_Saturation said:
post 101667 Perhaps aspirin + vitamin K would make a good specialty combo ;)

Yes, and I would add methylene blue. Actually, I'd add methylene blue to anything:):
I think another good combo would be aspirin + glycine. It is sold as a drug in some European countries. Glycine would also control the bleeding issues caused by aspirin

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

Yeah, I would think so.
Definitely necessary with my dad (see above).
For myself, I'm avoiding the aspirin for a while
because I'm trying out your & haidut's approach to fatty liver--
which, as I understand it, avoids aspirin and niacinamide until the liver gets better....

narouz

haidut said:
Glycine would also control the bleeding issues caused by aspirin

There ya go!
I'll add that to his regiment. :hattip

Do you think the glycine could excrete the aspirin more rapidly?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Such_Saturation said:
post 101673 Do you think the glycine could excrete the aspirin more rapidly?

Well, the way I understand it glycine is used to excrete aspirin by forming hippuric acid with it. So, taking lots of aspirin would deplete glycine stores. But I have not seen anything that would suggest providing extra glycine will accelerate aspirin excretion. The studies showed several fold higher concentration of aspirin when taken with glycine but no shorter half-life.

Peata

haidut said:
post 101670
Such_Saturation said:

Yes, and I would add methylene blue. Actually, I'd add methylene blue to anything:):
I think another good combo would be aspirin + glycine. It is sold as a drug in some European countries. Glycine would also control the bleeding issues caused by aspirin

Can you give

X mg. of glycine : X mg. of aspirin

ratio that would be good for this?

Thanks.

OP
ken

ken

I don't know whether it good is for you or not. But my soda is 8 to twelve grams glycine, 500 mg vitamin c, 500 to a 1000 mg aspirin and 5 to 8 mg methylene blue. Served with a can of seltzer water. After a while it turns light green as the mb and vitamin c react.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Peata said:
post 101725
haidut said:
post 101670
Such_Saturation said:

Can you give

Thanks.

Aspirin and glycine have been sold in equal doses as the combination drug. Methylene blue is all over the charts but for Alzheimer disease it looks like up 60mg daily are needed. Less is needed for prevention but I don't know how much.

narouz

ken said:
post 101730 I don't know whether it good is for you or not. But my soda is 8 to twelve grams glycine, 500 mg vitamin c, 500 to a 1000 mg aspirin and 5 to 8 mg methylene blue. Served with a can of seltzer water. After a while it turns light green as the mb and vitamin c react.

Only thing about this...
some have speculated--I think SuchSaturation--
that the reaction you describe might pre-empt
a related chemical reaction you want to happen in the body.
I believe this theory has to do with electron transfer....

OP
ken

ken

In the tauRx phase 3 trial they are using MB mixed with vitamin c. What is really interesting is that they think that the MB works on the same tau proteins as the salicylate. http://taurx.com/clinical-trial-faq.html

OP
ken

ken

Actually the link doesn't mention vitamin c.
Methylene blue (MB
+
) is a water-soluble dye molecule.
Under acidic conditions, it is easily reduced to the
colorless hydrogenated molecule leucomethylene blue
(LB+) by ascorbic acid
The company Taurx is betting millions that it works that way. And they have two trial with a total of 1500 subjects.

haidut

Forum Supporter

ken said:
post 101750 In the tauRx phase 3 trial they are using MB mixed with vitamin c. What is really interesting is that they think that the MB works on the same tau proteins as the salicylate. http://taurx.com/clinical-trial-faq.html

Ha, why do you think I said in my first post that I would add methylene blue to aspirin? :):
Together, aspirin and methylene blue may be the best/cheapest weapon against most degenerative diseases, including dementias, CVD, cancer, etc.

Peata

haidut said:
post 101735
Peata said:
post 101725
haidut said:
post 101670
Such_Saturation said:

Can you give

Thanks.

Aspirin and glycine have been sold in equal doses as the combination drug. Methylene blue is all over the charts but for Alzheimer disease it looks like up 60mg daily are needed. Less is needed for prevention but I don't know how much.

What about this thread: Glycine Question where the talk was about glycine increasing bleeding?

I'm just wanting to make sure not to combine multiple things that increase bleeding.