Safflower Oil?

I have some gluten free crackers that I love. These ones: Sea Salt | Good Thins

here are the exact ingredients:
WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW CORN MEAL, WHITE RICE FLOUR, HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER OIL, SEA SALT.

What is the view on safflower oil from a peatarian perspective?

I eat them almost daily with goat cheese (good source of vitamin A, supposedly), and I want to keep this as a snack/food source.

Thoughts?

Herbie

high oleic sunflower oil is hydrogenated which takes out the pufa and leaves mostly mufa

Mito

20D6AA2E-5DC2-4834-8863-32DAB3AD6617.jpeg

Mito

To the less informed, is this a good nutritional profile? Or not good?
It’s fine if you tolerate the rice and corn starch, they are low fat and high oleic oil is only 15% PUFA.

Last edited:

RealNeat

It’s fine if you tolerate the rice and corn starch, they are low fat and high oleic oil is only 15% PUFA.
PUFA isn't the only concern, during the production of these oils there are a lot of toxic compounds formed and used. There are so many crackers that don't use these vegetable oils and instead real fats. No reason to compromise with todays market of internet ordering options.

Dr. B

high oleic sunflower oil is hydrogenated which takes out the pufa and leaves mostly mufa
why do they call it oleic? isnt hydrogenating supposed to saturate the fats, yet this is mostly MUFA

johnwester130

I have some gluten free crackers that I love. These ones: Sea Salt | Good Thins

here are the exact ingredients:
WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW CORN MEAL, WHITE RICE FLOUR, HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER OIL, SEA SALT.

What is the view on safflower oil from a peatarian perspective?

I eat them almost daily with goat cheese (good source of vitamin A, supposedly), and I want to keep this as a snack/food source.

Thoughts?

soak them in coconut oil and let them dry out

I do this crackers made with palm oil

It balances out the PUFA and helps offset the damage