Safety of topical antibiotic clindamycin 1% with benzoyl peroxide 2.5% for acne?

ReSTART

Is it okay to use the antibiotic clindamycin 1% topically once in a while or for short periods, to treat acne? I know long prolonged use can cause antibiotic resistance.

Applying with benozyl peroxide is meant to help with antibiotic resistance because it’s antimicrobial.

LadyRae

Hey, I know it's been a. While since you asked this question, but your post came up right away when I searched for this antibiotic. I have been using it topically along with benzoyl peroxide and half a percent of tretinoin. I'm seeing amazing results.

Per reference I am a 44 year old female experiencing estrogen dominance related acne. This triple cream that I'm using seems to attack wrinkles and occasional hormonal acne flare-ups and congestion.

I use this product at night and my skin is glowing and smooth and very dewy in the morning. My 16 year old daughter is also using it. I heard George talk about how useful this type of antibiotic is for acne.

I'm also re-examining my diet to eliminate any hard to digest foods and thus keep endotoxin low. I've also been taking calcium d-glucarate and a DIM supplement for a couple months and I think that's made a big difference as well as I can tell my skin isn't as greasy during the day, I'm not producing as much sebum.

Do you have an update on your skin?