Safety Of Imiquimod / Aldara?

grenade

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask the forum if anyone here knows about the safety of imiquimod / aldara? It's a topical immunomodulator that causes the immune system to go into overdrive wherever it is applied. It's typically used to treat warts and basal cell carcinoma.

yurt

The experience of others suggests that this is a very toxic drug. Adverse effects include permanent disability and death.

Note that the product label states that "Aldara Cream is not recommended for treatment of BCC subtypes other than the superficial variant, i.e., sBCC."

Some people prefer to use black salve (cansema) or BEC5 (curaderm) for skin cancers.

Kray

I want to post a success story using Curaderm (BEC5).

My husband was diagnosed with BCC (basal cell carcinoma) on his forefoot. Thanks to @yurt post, I ordered Curaderm. It was nothing short of amazing. I wanted to share with others here who have been so helpful to me in many ways over the years.

If anyone has a diagnosed Basal Cell Carcinoma or simple Squamous Cell Carcinoma (not recommended for advanced stage SCC), I would wholeheartedly recommend use of Curaderm over conventional treatment such as excision, Moh's surgery, radiation, etc. It does require diligent self-treatment and patience; my husband applied cream 2x/day faithfully, took pictures daily of his progress, and after nearly 3 months there is nothing more than a slightly pink area surrounding where the lesion once was. No scar, no sign of lesion. In fact, the pink is from irritation of "normal" skin around the lesion that was irritated by the Micropore tape and/or cream itself on the surrounding healthy skin. And he was able to continue with regular activities, and little to no pain. His f/u left the doctor nodding his head (in disbelief?) saying, "that looks pretty darn good"! Mind you, the cream is expensive and not reimburseable since the doctor wouldn't write a Rx for it. But a small price to pay compared to undoubtedly painful Moh's surgery and down time following. Good news hopefully for future here in US-- I have heard that it is accepted as a viable medical treatment in the UK now, among other places.

Gratefully,

Kray

The experience of others suggests that this is a very toxic drug. Adverse effects include permanent disability and death.

Note that the product label states that "Aldara Cream is not recommended for treatment of BCC subtypes other than the superficial variant, i.e., sBCC."

Some people prefer to use black salve (cansema) or BEC5 (curaderm) for skin cancers.

I want to post a success story using Curaderm (BEC5).

My husband was diagnosed with BCC (basal cell carcinoma) on his forefoot. Thanks to @yurt post, I ordered Curaderm. It was nothing short of amazing. I wanted to share with others here who have been so helpful to me in many ways over the years.

If anyone has a diagnosed Basal Cell Carcinoma or simple Squamous Cell Carcinoma (not recommended for advanced stage SCC), I would wholeheartedly recommend use of Curaderm over conventional treatment such as excision, Moh's surgery, radiation, etc. It does require diligent self-treatment and patience; my husband applied cream 2x/day faithfully, took pictures daily of his progress, and after nearly 3 months there is nothing more than a slightly pink area surrounding where the lesion once was. No scar, no sign of lesion. In fact, the pink is from irritation of "normal" skin around the lesion that was irritated by the Micropore tape and/or cream itself on the surrounding healthy skin. And he was able to continue with regular activities, and little to no pain. His f/u left the doctor nodding his head (in disbelief?) saying, "that looks pretty darn good"! Mind you, the cream is expensive and not reimburseable since the doctor wouldn't write a Rx for it. But a small price to pay compared to undoubtedly painful Moh's surgery and down time following. Good news hopefully for future here in US-- I have heard that it is accepted as a viable medical treatment in the UK now, among other places.

Gratefully,

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals