Safety of ceramic water dispenser?

freyasam

Jon2547

They're pretty good. I have one and also do the five gallon fill up at the Walmart water station. Then in my ceramic dispenser I put a handful of those charcoal sticks for extra filtration. The sticks I got off Amazon.

OP
F

freyasam

They're pretty good. I have one and also do the five gallon fill up at the Walmart water station. Then in my ceramic dispenser I put a handful of those charcoal sticks for extra filtration. The sticks I got off Amazon.
Are the charcoal sticks to absorb any leftover chlorine? That's a good idea. Reverse osmosis is supposed to remove all the chlorine, but I do wonder how effective the RO system actually is at the grocery store or Walmart. Maybe I should do the same. I wish fluoride was easier to remove.

Jon2547

Are the charcoal sticks to absorb any leftover chlorine? That's a good idea. Reverse osmosis is supposed to remove all the chlorine, but I do wonder how effective the RO system actually is at the grocery store or Walmart. Maybe I should do the same. I wish fluoride was easier to remove.
I think the water is fairly clean once it comes out of that machine. However, just to be extra safe I use the charcoal. One thing in particular that I'm hoping is that if there are small microplastics that the charcoal will help to grab it.

akgrrrl

There is a lot of info on ceramic on the internet that explains why ceramic can be the reason for lead exudation. The main culprit seems to be paints under the exterior glaze. It only takes hairline cracks. Dishwasher high heat water and elec drying the biggest cause of lead leaching as the glaze microcracks. Seems like a stable water dispenser wouldnt have probs, but after all the reading I have done for a pal undergoing 3x a week chelation therapy for heavymetal poisoning, made me dump anything I had and stick to corelle or vintage pyrex and fireking

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals