Safest way to cook shanks?

Satan

I found lamb shanks at the store the other day. LAMB meat with a bone goin through? Sounds like the perfect cut for a Peatarian. I've been looking around the internet trying to find the best way to cook it. Some say oven baked, some say put it in a slow cooker. I know slow cooking is bad for oxidizing cholesterol. I might just chop it up and fry the pieces.

I'm not the most artsy person in the kitchen, nor do I care to be. Can anyone suggest a good, simple way to cook it?

Asimov

Fried lamb shank is going to be close to inedible.

Just put it in a slow cooker/dutch oven and braise it in some flavorful cooking liquid with some tasty veggies and plenty of salt.

OP
Satan

Satan

Jenn said:
Boil with onions and potatoes it until it falls off the bones, then fish the bone out and add extra gelatin and salt and call it yummy.
Boiling sounds easy. Should I simmer it in a crock pot like making broth, or actually boil it? How long would this take?

I found lamb shanks at the store the other day. LAMB meat with a bone goin through? Sounds like the perfect cut for a Peatarian. I've been looking around the internet trying to find the best way to cook it. Some say oven baked, some say put it in a slow cooker. I know slow cooking is bad for oxidizing cholesterol. I might just chop it up and fry the pieces.

I'm not the most artsy person in the kitchen, nor do I care to be. Can anyone suggest a good, simple way to cook it?
Here is my Osso Bucco. I used this recipe really liking the added bone broth. It was SO GOOD!

Attachments

• 20210103_202912.jpg
    20210103_202912.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 17
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals