Safest Options For Pizza?

KennethKaniff

Occassionally I just have a huge craving for pizza, and nothing but the real thing can satisfy it. Gluten doesn't bother me that much, but I really want to avoid PUFAs... does anyone have any recommendations for pizza places that don't use soybean oil etc and use traditional fats like olive oil or butter instead?

answersfound

Maybe Amy's brand at super markets

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I had some luck by calling around to the locally owned pizzerias in my area. It's a bit of work but worth it. You can always make your own as well.

tomisonbottom

I just bought sprouted grains from https://healthyflour.com/ and it's amazing the difference in effects.

Just made my first pizza with it, and it's really not that hard.
Take a couple hours to figure it out at first but for a lifetime of pizza making ability it's totally worth it!

jitsmonkey

if its only occasional and you're not eating pufa otherwise
just grab some vitamin E and eat the damn pizza. :):

HDD

I just bought sprouted grains from https://healthyflour.com/ and it's amazing the difference in effects.

Take a couple hours to figure it out at first but for a lifetime of pizza making ability it's totally worth it!

How is the sprouted grain crust?

I've been making crust with a low iron white flour. I became quite hooked on Greek pizza with mushrooms, kalamatra olives, well-cooked spinach, feta and mozzarella cheese. I made my own sauce from tomato paste adding coconut oil, water, seasonings, and sugar. So good.

tomisonbottom

How is the sprouted grain crust?

I've been making crust with a low iron white flour. I became quite hooked on Greek pizza with mushrooms, kalamatra olives, well-cooked spinach, feta and mozzarella cheese. I made my own sauce from tomato paste adding coconut oil, water, seasonings, and sugar. So good.

I love it. Also using it for muffins and other baked goods and can't tell the difference

DaveFoster

Does anyone bake with gluten free flour? I'm planning integrate it into my diet, and maybe with pizza.

Lilac

Not "real" pizza, but good: I use Trader Joe's corn tortillas (Peaty) as the base. Dab a little coconut oil on the bottoms of the tortillas. Top with strained San Marzano tomatoes in a jar, pepper, oregano, diced mozzarella, and grated Locatelli. I bake it on parchment paper for easy cleanup at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Lots of pizza taste and satisfying for me.

By the way, I have read that frozen supermarket pizzas have a lot of aluminum content. Something to do with keeping the cheese the right consistency. So avoid that.

Dave Clark

I use that brand as well for pizza, etc. I use one cup of sorghum to two cups of spelt flour, and the pizza turns out nice. I think the sprouting gives the final product a better texture, along with better digestibility, nutrition, etc. Very good flours from this company.

LowTBeta

In general, vegan restaurants have good pizzas but I suppose you want the meaty, cheesy kind.