Safest Dopaminergic / Anti-prolactin Drug?

dookie

OK, so for all the dopaminergic drugs being discussed on the forum, and other ones as well, which would be the safest ones, which could be tried first?

(by safe I mean less likely to have bad side-effects)

Bromocriptine, Lisuride, Cabergoline, Metergoline, .... ?

jyb

You may have to consider availability first, some of the drugs listed above could be very tricky to buy.

johnwester130

all of them have nasty side effects

vitamin b6 may be safest

maybe vitamin E

Metergoline is the safest pharmaceutical

Mufasa

what is the side effect of metergoline? i notice none after 2 weeks use, only in the beginning a bit maybe, i guess it was a candida die off, i have a purple tongue ever since

DaveFoster

Cabergoline is dangerous, and pramiprexole is too new. Probably vitamin A, P5P (B6), caffeine, and aspirin.

PUTFOT

I'd like to know too, from the drugs on ideallabs. What are side effects from pro-dopamine anti-prolactin anti-serotonin drugs?

Quote from haidut about metergoline -

Metergoline is actually one of the safest (if not THE safest) ergot derivative. It has been in use for decades and is approved as a migraine and Parkinson drug in many countries (EU and Asia mostly) even though it is not in wide use due to the very high cost of production. It is considered the mildest ergot derivative in clinical or research use. So, nothing untested about it :)

grenade

So bromocriptine, pramiprexole, and cabergoline have side effects regarding the heart valve. What about lisuride and metergoline?

I see the quote of haidut talking about metergoline, but I want to know specifically about heart valve issues.

ddjd

Lisuride gives me terrible headaches. Metergoline seems to increase Adrenaline for me

vulture

KyleKingsly

I love how all the threads I'm interested in are suddenly being bumped at once, dopamine is my first and greatest love with regards to biohacking and I'm always trying to figure out how to get more of it in a sustainable, healthy manner. Just put a very similar reply on a couple other threads, but I might as well put it here too.

First and foremost, the thing about dopamine agonists is that they can cause insanely bad withdrawals for some. As I posted elsewhere:

"DAWS affects ~19% of dopamine agonist users (as seen in this review article Dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome: A comprehensive review - ScienceDirect), and you have to keep in mind that for some users these changes are permanent. Dopamine agonists are incredibly powerful drugs that are generally reserved for people with very serious issues (Parkinson's) that have few better choices. They can induce epigenetic changes (that is, DNA changes) that will permanently change how you react to dopamine and cause long lasting or permanent fatigue, anxiety, lack of motivation, etc."

Just trying to be cautious given that some people of the social anxiety support forum were giving very strong warnings on dopamine agonists after they had terrible, long-lasting DAWS. I do still love this stuff on paper and may well try it sometime soon.

However, I really like the idea of doing mini-cycles with this stuff, i.e. using it once a week or few days a week like you said and then taking a break the other days. I'm thinking about trying it for maybe on Thursday - Saturday to enhance my social acumen, motivation, and confidence. Then hopefully I could use Sunday to recover from any minor downregulation and be back to normal by Monday. What do y'all think about that idea? Or even just using this stuff on Saturday, if that's wiser, would be fine by me too.

The thing I'm concerned about with that kind of protocol is that many people are discussing an adaptation period to Lisuride and other dopamine agonists where they just feel lethargic and unmotivated, among other side effects. I'm worried that if I tried taking this stuff only a few times a week, I'd get all those unpleasant side effects without any of the good feels.

@vulture I'm incredibly interested to hear your experience with taking cabergoline 2x a week, sounds like a great experiment to me. Any and all reports on taking dopamine agonists occasionally are very much appreciated.

I just want to make sure that 1) the adaptation period isn't a problem and 2) you don't feel much worse on the days following you taking dopamine agonists.

vulture

I love how all the threads I'm interested in are suddenly being bumped at once, dopamine is my first and greatest love with regards to biohacking and I'm always trying to figure out how to get more of it in a sustainable, healthy manner. Just put a very similar reply on a couple other threads, but I might as well put it here too.

First and foremost, the thing about dopamine agonists is that they can cause insanely bad withdrawals for some. As I posted elsewhere:

"DAWS affects ~19% of dopamine agonist users (as seen in this review article Dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome: A comprehensive review - ScienceDirect), and you have to keep in mind that for some users these changes are permanent. Dopamine agonists are incredibly powerful drugs that are generally reserved for people with very serious issues (Parkinson's) that have few better choices. They can induce epigenetic changes (that is, DNA changes) that will permanently change how you react to dopamine and cause long lasting or permanent fatigue, anxiety, lack of motivation, etc."

Just trying to be cautious given that some people of the social anxiety support forum were giving very strong warnings on dopamine agonists after they had terrible, long-lasting DAWS. I do still love this stuff on paper and may well try it sometime soon.

However, I really like the idea of doing mini-cycles with this stuff, i.e. using it once a week or few days a week like you said and then taking a break the other days. I'm thinking about trying it for maybe on Thursday - Saturday to enhance my social acumen, motivation, and confidence. Then hopefully I could use Sunday to recover from any minor downregulation and be back to normal by Monday. What do y'all think about that idea? Or even just using this stuff on Saturday, if that's wiser, would be fine by me too.

The thing I'm concerned about with that kind of protocol is that many people are discussing an adaptation period to Lisuride and other dopamine agonists where they just feel lethargic and unmotivated, among other side effects. I'm worried that if I tried taking this stuff only a few times a week, I'd get all those unpleasant side effects without any of the good feels.

@vulture I'm incredibly interested to hear your experience with taking cabergoline 2x a week, sounds like a great experiment to me. Any and all reports on taking dopamine agonists occasionally are very much appreciated.

I just want to make sure that 1) the adaptation period isn't a problem and 2) you don't feel much worse on the days following you taking dopamine agonists.
It was 2 days ago I started. First thing I noticed was like my face skin was hotter and I felt more chilled out, a bit sleepy maybe, and it seemed easier to get erections or want to have sex (libido).
I just toke about 0.125 to 0.18 mg single dose, it's hard to cut those damn pills. It's kinda expensive and hard to find, but luckily seems over the counter here...
Your post kinda states that is real dangerous to use cabergoline...are you sure those things might happen in low dosages? My prolactin months ago was at 5.2 in a range of 0.9 to 15. Kinda normal, but I wanted to aid libido and refractory period xDDD And that's why I didn't take what's usually considered a full dose

vulture

I think you are gonna like this: Impulse control disorders in patients with dopamine agonist-treated prolactinomas and nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas: a case-control study. - PubMed - NCBI
Seems that if you actually have a tumor on the pituitary driving your PRL higher you are more likely to develop DAWS, as far as I understood

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals