Safe Upper Lip Hair Removal

scarlettsmum

A bit of strange one, but I wanted to ask other ladies on here what do you do about upper lip hair? My skin tend to pigment quite a bit and I used to wax until I heard about the risk of dreaded shadow above upper lip, so I stopped. Then I purchased one of those IPL Philips Lumea home treatment lasers and was happily using that on my upper lip. However I noticed that I developed a brownish outline of my lips as though I have outlined my upper lip. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds but I can see it and I don't feel confident using the IPL device any longer for fear that it will get worse. Any safe alternatives? Apparently everything from manual plucking, threading, etc. can cause hyper pigmentation. I am thinking the answer to this may be not stopping the upper lip hair removal but rather to stop developing any pigmentation. I use Solban daily, wonder if that would be sufficient if applied directly to this place. I also have Haidut's Melanon but it stings as hell when applied to my skin. Any other tips/ideas? Thank you!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Topical Progest-e or Simply Progesterone to the areas of hyperpigmentation seems to help me. I still have a little but it is barely noticeable instead of looking like dirt on my face. I just apply a couple drops before bed and further dilute in a low pufa carrier oil to help it spread more evenly. It took a few months to fade.

Inaut

Bump. Any updates ladies? Asking for a friend :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals