Safe To Use Infrared Sauna When Taking Methylene Blue?

I remember some people said that taking methylene blue with red light therapy is not ok, I think it was something about DNA damage. I am wondering if it is safe to use infrared sauna when taking methylene blue.

golder

Also interested in this. I have a 660nm and a 880nm wavelength settings on my light. Iwas wondering which wavelengths (or both) are safe to be subjected toon those occasions I've taken Methlyene Blue. Thanks!

Infarouge

MB is quite fine with RLT and even used medically as a cheaper photosensitizer for PDT. If anything MB activated by red light is anticancer.

dabdabdab

MB increases photosensitivity, and maybe before PUFA depletion that's not a good thing, I'm not sure

VansEnigma

"In conclusion, we have demonstrated, in an in vitro system, that exposing cells to MB [methylene blue] and WL [white light - especially red light], at concentrations similar to those used for endoscopic examination of tissue, can lead to elevated levels of DNA damage and apoptosis. We have also shown that by modifying the light emitted to remove wavelengths responsible for MB excitation these effects can be prevented. Reductions in the concentration of MB can achieve a similar effect. We propose that the introduction of a modification to current endoscope light sources in combination with optimization of the concentrations of MB will minimize DNA damage resulting from dye photoexcitation during MB chromoendoscopy. Moreover, by maximizing the amount of harmless light used, tissue visualization should not be compromised. These recommendations, however, require full evaluation in a clinical setting."