Safe teeth whitening product

Josh

Did some research and the best one I could find is this one:

Amazon product ASIN B082TPDTM2View: https://www.amazon.com/Oral-Essentials-Treatments-Sensitivity-Artificial/dp/B082TPDTM2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1FKLPAD5S2LSK&keywords=lumineux+whitening+strips&qid=1672177676&sprefix=lumin%2Caps%2C247&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSTVQSllCSFUzVVRRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMyODk3Qk9GSDFFVExSVjlMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMDA0MTM5V0pBVzFEMzlHNjcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

INGREDIENTS: Vegetable Gylcerol, Deionized Water, Carbomer, Carboxymethyl, Coconut Oil, Dead Sea Salt, Sage Oil, Lemon Peel Oil

Now compared to all the other main stream ones on the market, the ingredients above are the best I’ve seen, I’d love to make my teeth look whiter, Would this be a safe option?

Thanks

bornamachine

Any toothpaste containing bicarbonate (soda) will whiten your teeth, a lot of natural toothpastes use that instead of silica.

Ok to use once in a while but not always as it will wear away your enamel faster then it can be replaced.

I've definitely noticed my teeth tured pearly white using regularly.

Ymmv, took me two weeks to feel sensitivity, returned to spry with silica. Some may use longer or shorter depending on enamel regeneration rate.

Izzybelle

Activated charcoal, in the fine powder form. Sometimes you can find it in toothpastes, or just use the powder.

LadyRae

Yeah it looks like pretty good ingredients but in my experience without the peroxide you really won't get lasting noticeable results

Servier

The recipe I use for home made whitening paste (once very 1 or 2 week) :

-One spoon of coconut oil
-1/2 spoon of activated charcoal
-1/2 spoon of curcuma (won't stain the teeth at all)

Coconut oil or water/bicarbonate pulling once a day

Phaedrus

Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from pineapple stems, has some research to back it up as an effective tooth whitener without the enamel eroding effects of hydrogen peroxide. You can buy the pure powder online and brush gently with it like you would baking soda or activated charcoal, or even daily rinsing might work too.

Cow

I actually tried some organic bromelain powder @Phaedrus . First, I brushed with it for a couple weeks. Didn't do much, which I assumed was because it was not having a long enough contact with the teeth. I had some sodium alginate in my cupboard (for whatever reason I can't even remember), and had the crazy idea that I could make some kind of bromelain gel with it. I mixed the powder with a bit of the sodium alginate and enough water to mix it up. Let it sit for an hour until it formed a thick sticky gel, rubbed it on my teeth and let it sit for 45 minutes. I was shooting for an hour, but felt like my gums were starting to be "tenderized!" That had a big result. Got rid of a lot of old coffee/chocolate stain. Did not seem to hurt the teeth at all, but because it made the gums a bit tender, I'm just going to do it once every couple weeks to see if I can get them any whiter. Even if there is no further result, the effect was enough that I'm good with it as is. It would be nice if one had a mouth gard to hold the gel against the teeth and they sell silicon ones on Amazon that you can put in hot water and form to your teeth, but I'm too lazy for that!

Phaedrus

I actually tried some organic bromelain powder @Phaedrus . First, I brushed with it for a couple weeks. Didn't do much, which I assumed was because it was not having a long enough contact with the teeth. I had some sodium alginate in my cupboard (for whatever reason I can't even remember), and had the crazy idea that I could make some kind of bromelain gel with it. I mixed the powder with a bit of the sodium alginate and enough water to mix it up. Let it sit for an hour until it formed a thick sticky gel, rubbed it on my teeth and let it sit for 45 minutes. I was shooting for an hour, but felt like my gums were starting to be "tenderized!" That had a big result. Got rid of a lot of old coffee/chocolate stain. Did not seem to hurt the teeth at all, but because it made the gums a bit tender, I'm just going to do it once every couple weeks to see if I can get them any whiter. Even if there is no further result, the effect was enough that I'm good with it as is. It would be nice if one had a mouth gard to hold the gel against the teeth and they sell silicon ones on Amazon that you can put in hot water and form to your teeth, but I'm too lazy for that!
Interesting. I also stopped brushing with it, not only because it didn’t seem to be showing any drastic results, but because I wanted to limit regular brushing with anything too abrasive (for example, baking soda or charcoal). I added it to my daily rinse mix instead but my teeth are white enough now that I’m not expecting any significant further whitening. Keep us updated if you keep seeing results with your homemade gel.

Did some research and the best one I could find is this one:

Amazon product ASIN B082TPDTM2View: https://www.amazon.com/Oral-Essentials-Treatments-Sensitivity-Artificial/dp/B082TPDTM2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1FKLPAD5S2LSK&keywords=lumineux+whitening+strips&qid=1672177676&sprefix=lumin%2Caps%2C247&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSTVQSllCSFUzVVRRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMyODk3Qk9GSDFFVExSVjlMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMDA0MTM5V0pBVzFEMzlHNjcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

INGREDIENTS: Vegetable Gylcerol, Deionized Water, Carbomer, Carboxymethyl, Coconut Oil, Dead Sea Salt, Sage Oil, Lemon Peel Oil

Now compared to all the other main stream ones on the market, the ingredients above are the best I’ve seen, I’d love to make my teeth look whiter, Would this be a safe option?

Thanks
Orange peels are suppose to be good for whitening as well as strawberries, but I think oil pulling regularly with coconut oil would be safest. Did you try the one you posted here?

Extrinsic staining:sodium bicarb, 1, 2% hydrogen peroxide, any type of fruit enzyme e.g papain, bromelain, etc ,regular brushing with any toothpaste that has surfacants

Intrinsic staining:nada over the counter. there is also not a single study out there that claims you can improve intrinsic whitening OTC(it was hinted that PAP=Phthalimidoperoxycaproic Acid could, but it was put to rest in a more recent study). Have to get a cosmetic dental tooth whitening treatment which usually involves higher percentages of hydrogen peroxide in a gel form in a custom fitted mouth tray..don't bother with OTC ones as most of the gel escapes the tray..most of the benefit of the results in the dental treatment comes from fact the tray contours your teeth perfectly as the concentrations of the hydrogen peroxide gel are really not that extreme

Back
Top Bottom