Sabotage - Dairy Farm Fires & other threats to our food supply

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I got myself on a couple of home delivery companies in 2020 when Covid started and things were getting scarce.

Perry Staltic

What can I read to understand them?

I have no idea. I learned by following the reporters who were covering their riots in 2020. If you know how to view twitter posts within a certain time frame, just of the top of my head look up Andy Ngo, Elijah Schaffer, Drew Henandez

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh sorry. You said you don't do fruit, but do do produce. Apart from fruit, I don't know what produce is besides veges
I eat some fruit like frozen raspberries, blueberriez, fresh oranges, watermelon and mango, maybe 1 serving every couple of days. No veggies at all unless it is something like heirloom salsa, baby greens, carrots, sweet onion, and occasionally baby potatoes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I fill in at our family owned health food store for groceries, otherwise I support small farms, buying the bulk of my groceries from them.

www.crowdcow.com

www.grasslandbeef.com

K

Kayaker

I have no idea. I learned by following the reporters who were covering their riots in 2020. If you know how to view twitter posts within a certain time frame, just of the top of my head look up Andy Ngo, Elijah Schaffer, Drew Henandez
Andy Ngo wrote a book, I guess that would be a good place to start.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh sorry. You said you don't do fruit, but do do produce. Apart from fruit, I don't know what produce is besides veges

My produce box offers seasonal fruit so sometimes I load up on apples to "juice", other times of the year I enjoy Keit mangos, I just don't eat fruit or vegetables regularly, more as a garnish or snack.

Perry Staltic

Andy Ngo wrote a book, I guess that would be a good place to start.
Here's Angy Ngo's website.

Birdie

A silent spread of colistin-resistant bacteria is happening in Georgia sewers. If people or animals contract it, there are potentially no medications that can treat their infection, leading to possible death.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any better on the global health landscape, along comes the drug-resistant MCR-9 gene.

Birdie

A comment at zero-hedge:

"More bio fear needed. Covid is wearing out."

I'm.No.One

That is so unfair. It reminds me of people who get framed for a crime and are financially ruined proving they are innocent. Big money can do that kind of stuff all day long. Was there a nearby competitor or do you think it was the government plucking off another one?
I wish there was competition nearby but sadly I'm pretty sure it was just another one being shut down.
What in Tarnation. Y’all have to support them to open up! Collect donations! That is wrong.
They needed almost 800k to pay off just the base level fines/continuing legal fees if they wanted to remain open. Gofund me maybe raised $40k. We're a small, rural, not many options for higher paying wages area so it's not really possible for the community to rally any harder than they did.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I wish there was competition nearby but sadly I'm pretty sure it was just another one being shut down.

They needed almost 800k to pay off just the base level fines/continuing legal fees if they wanted to remain open. Gofund me maybe raised $40k. We're a small, rural, not many options for higher paying wages area so it's not really possible for the community to rally any harder than they did.
Dang. That was a solid effort 800k is just insane.

One option could be to sell club membership that is basically a waiver. Even non-consumer-legal operations can do that to “sell” a service.

jdrop

As expected, some avian virus threat, potential end result - forced culling of backyard flocks. From one of my NJ homesteader groups.

"Avian Influenza Alert!

We received this alert today from our farms NPIP inspector with New Jersey Department of Animal Health.
Information on Biosecurity can be found by following the links below.
------‐
USDA Confirms Additional Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Finds in Wild Birds

WASHINGTON, January 18, 2022 – The United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) has confirmed two additional findings of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in wild birds – one in Colleton County, South Carolina and one in Hyde County, North Carolina. These finds follow confirmation on January 14, 2022 of HPAI in a wild bird in Colleton County, South Carolina. All three findings are H5N1 HPAI.

These findings are not unexpected, as wild birds can be infected with HPAI and show no signs of illness. They can carry the disease to new areas when migrating. APHIS anticipates additional wild bird findings as our robust wild bird sampling program continues into the spring.

APHIS will post these and all future wild bird findings on its website on a weekly basis. Stakeholders should check the website on a routine basis, as no future stakeholder announcements are planned for wild bird findings.

Since wild birds can be infected with these viruses without appearing sick, people should minimize direct contact with wild birds by using gloves. If contact occurs, wash your hands with soap and water, and change clothing before having any contact with healthy domestic poultry and birds. Hunters should dress game birds in the field whenever possible and practice good biosecurity to prevent any potential disease spread. Biosecurity information is available at: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/animal_health/2015/fsc_hpai_hunters.pdf.

Given these additional findings, anyone involved with poultry – commercial or backyard flocks alike – should review their biosecurity plan and enhance their biosecurity practices to assure the health of their birds. APHIS has materials about biosecurity, including videos, checklists, and a toolkit available for producers on our website.

In addition to practicing good biosecurity, all bird owners should prevent contact between their birds and wild birds and report sick birds or unusual bird deaths to State/Federal officials, either through their state veterinarian or through USDA’s toll-free number at 1-866-536-7593. Additional information on biosecurity for backyard flocks can be found at http://healthybirds.aphis.usda.gov.

Additional background

Avian influenza (AI) is caused by an influenza type A virus which can infect poultry (such as chickens, turkeys, pheasants, quail, domestic ducks, geese, and guinea fowl) and is carried by free flying waterfowl such as ducks, geese and shorebirds. AI viruses are classified by a combination of two groups of proteins: hemagglutinin or “H” proteins, of which there are 16 (H1–H16), and neuraminidase or “N” proteins, of which there are 9 (N1–N9). Many different combinations of “H” and “N” proteins are possible. Each combination is considered a different subtype and can be further broken down into different strains which circulate within flyways/geographic regions. AI viruses are further classified by their pathogenicity (low or high)—the ability of a particular virus strain to produce disease in domestic chickens."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom