Sabotage - Dairy Farm Fires & other threats to our food supply

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My local store hadn’t been able to get russet potatoes for more than three weeks now. I had no idea there has been a shortage of them since last year, in many other countries too, I think I am going to try growing my own….

-Luke-

My local store hadn’t been able to get russet potatoes for more than three weeks now. I had no idea there has been a shortage of them since last year, in many other countries too, I think I am going to try growing my own….

Since the second link mentions the European potato market, the quality of potatoes (at least in Germany) has drastically declined in recent years. Many have foul spots inside that you can't see from the outside. I probably had three bags this year which I threw away almost completely, because almost all potatoes were black inside. I almost never had to throw potatoes away ten years ago.

Higher prices (although still a very affordable food) and lower quality. What's not to like?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The disease is caused by bacteria carried by an invasive insect called the Asian citrus psyllid. It causes the fruit to turn bitter and green, and kills the tree if left unchecked for too long, per the Los Angeles Times. In Florida, citrus greening caused a severe drop in orange production, from about 300 million boxes produced in 2000 to only about 70 million boxes last year, according to NPR.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“HLB is a disease spread by the insect Asian citrus psyllid, which infects trees with a slow-growing bacteria while it feeds on their shoots. It’s commonly spread as the insect travels across borders in fruit or tree cuttings, but a warming climate is speeding things along. The transmission of citrus greening depends on temperature—both to ensure that the psyllid survives and that the host trees are at their most vulnerable. Temperatures between 60 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit allow the disease to thrive. Research has shown that areas that stay within that range for at least half of the year have the most cases of HLB.

As global temperatures rise, citrus greening infestations can—and will—move further north. Tracking the spread of HLB is, in some ways, tracking the warming climate.

Growers can often, unknowingly, graft an infected tree limb onto their otherwise healthy stock. That’s how citrus groves in Texas, and most especially Florida, fell victim to the disease. HLB was first discovered in Florida in 2005, where it promptly tore through the state’s orange and grapefruit groves, infecting close to 90 percent of the citrus. Nearly 20 years later, last season’s orange production is a mere 16 percent of the yield in 2003. And overall citrus production continues to fall, every year for the past five years. This year’s orange yield is predicted to be 25 percent lower than last years’ final production.”

Athrunzala

1694856240666.png

David PS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom