Running Hot! [alkaline Minerals]

favetelinguis

I just started on the peat guidelines and i feel very hot all the ime. Esp at night and this makes it hard for me to sleep. Icecreame do not help. When i take my temprature im not actually warmer then i used to, it is just a feeling. I think it is to much sugar (about 200g from fruit and tablesugar) that gives me this feeling and i have noticed that drinking some salted water makes things better. What hapens in the body here and why is salt helping? My calsium potassium sodium ratio is 1-1-1 at about 1500mg. what are peats mineral ratio guidelines?

jaketthomas

Re: Running hot!

In my experience, those who feel hot all the time, need more potassium than sodium in their diets. Potassium is cooling. Which is why things like watermelon can make you feel like you jumped into a pool when you ate it.

Most hypothyroid people are sodium deficient, and feel cold. It's not an exact science, but try increasing your fruit and potassium intake, and reducing sodium for awhile. I'm willing to bet you see positive results.

Atalanta

jaketthomas said:
In my experience, those who feel hot all the time, need more potassium than sodium in their diets. Potassium is cooling. Which is why things like watermelon can make you feel like you jumped into a pool when you ate it.

Most hypothyroid people are sodium deficient, and feel cold. It's not an exact science, but try increasing your fruit and potassium intake, and reducing sodium for awhile. I'm willing to bet you see positive results.

The person stated that salty water made him/her feel better. Why would salty water make him/her feel better if the problem is too much sodium?

Hypothyroid people can feel warm if their stress hormones are high. Salt lowers stress hormones which can make you feel less warm.

You may need more magnesium. I was experiencing the same problem. I increased potassium and lowered sodium but it did not help. So I decided to increase my magnesium by taking epsom salts as a supplement and that did help.

jaketthomas

Atalanta, clearly you're the resident health professional on the board, given your condescending attitude. Please teach me your ways.

juanitacarlos

jaketthomas said:

I agree with this. For a couple of nights I drank some milk with 1/2 tsp of salt and I was boiling hot and couldn't sleep! If I have a juice with some cream of tartar my temp is much cooler and I get to sleep quite easily.