Runenights Musings

Runenight201

Figured I’d create some type of space for me to collect my observations, for personal reasons and to share any knowledge I gain through all this with others.

This morning I had a very interesting experience. I heard a song on the radio while I was hanging out chatting with some co-workers, but couldn’t remember the name of it, just that i really enjoyed it. I went into the break room to eat my breakfast of butter, milk, sugar, and bread, and instantaneously the name of the song came into my head as my brain received a plethora of energy.

I think this goes in line with people being naturally smart without having to try. Their brain must be working very efficiently, and so learning and knowledge comes intuitively. When I’ve been sick, learning is practically impossible, as each new concept and task is difficult to integrate and remember, but every time I’m flying high on energy and nutrition, my brain is so easily able to assimilate new information and make sense of it. There is no doubt in my mind that a plethora of highly available energy is necessary to do this, and the saturated fat + sugar combo is a powerful one at that. I highly recommend a butter, milk, sugar, bread combo to anyone, not only is it absolutely delicious, but as was my case, could even make your brain work a little more efficiently ;)

Aside from that things have been going well diet wise, I’ve escaped the box of thinking things as always good or always bad and seeing food now as conditionally useful based upon what the body is running on and what it needs to keep functioning at an optimal level.

Starch/dairy/meat/fat/carbohydrate etc... are “bad” is simply just too reductionist of an approach to take on things, and recognizing what the body needs when leads to the true “ubermensche” of health. That being said, I will agree with Peat on PUFAs specifically within vegetables. While in a starving state I would rather eat peanut butter than starve, there are better choices to choose from that provide me with higher health. PUFAs from animals seem to be fine as well. I prefer eating chicken drumstick compared to ground beef, for financial, palate, and vitality reasons. I also enjoy lard and egg yolk in my soup, and am all the better for it. I think if I were to eat high quality tender beef from a specific region of the cow it would trump the chicken drum stick, but for now the drum stick is what I can afford!

P.S. the song was Crooked Smile by J. Cole!

somuch4food

Following! I am using a similar approach of trying to deduce what my body needs from its current state. I am also leaning towards most foods being ok depending on pairing and current state of health.

I really think our bodies know what they need. Milk was the sweetest thing last week and today it tasted like water! I'm backing off for a while.

ShotTrue

Following! I am using a similar approach of trying to deduce what my body needs from its current state. I am also leaning towards most foods being ok depending on pairing and current state of health.

I really think our bodies know what they need. Milk was the sweetest thing last week and today it tasted like water! I'm backing off for a while.
Ray Peat is a fan of milk, so is haidut im assuming. It's really the members here who say they cannot handle digestion, however it is a supremely cheap and anabolic food.

@Runenight201 I get annoyed over everyone saying they eat steak, man I cannot afford steak everyday! Chicken is like 1/4th the price

somuch4food

Ray Peat is a fan of milk, so is haidut im assuming. It's really the members here who say they cannot handle digestion, however it is a supremely cheap and anabolic food.

I'm not saying milk is bad. I'm saying my taste buds don't enjoy it as much and I take that as I sign that I have had enough and that I should choose other foods. The body's needs vary. Someone shouldn't be drinking milk for the sake of it being good for health. I will still enjoy some dairy, I will reduce the portion sizes and frequency though.

I had a strong craving for milk and dairy a few weeks ago and milk tasted sweet, now not so much. I even asked my partner to go and buy some milk since I really wanted it.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

That deducing takes quite some time and experimentation and error, and I recall being lost so many times not knowing how to fix my physiological and psychological states, but once on a solid path and there is a high degree of bodily wisdom, things become very good :)

@Runenight201 I get annoyed over everyone saying they eat steak, man I cannot afford steak everyday! Chicken is like 1/4th the price

Ground beef definitely is not a good food imo. Eating it by itself has always been off putting, where as I can just eat chicken drum stick with some salt and it’ll taste amazing. I do recall eating some sliced beef in the past that was very tasty, so I’ll have to give that a shot again, but for now the chicken drum stick will do.

ShotTrue

I'm not saying milk is bad. I'm saying my taste buds don't enjoy it as much and I take that as I sign that I have had enough and that I should choose other foods. The body's needs vary. Someone shouldn't be drinking milk for the sake of it being good for health. I will still enjoy some dairy, I will reduce the portion sizes and frequency though.

I had a strong craving for milk and dairy a few weeks ago and milk tasted sweet, now not so much. I even asked my partner to go and buy some milk since I really wanted it.
I wasn't speaking about you in particular. I get quite tired of milk myself, maybe I eat too much ice cream. I prefer OJ

somuch4food

That deducing takes quite some time and experimentation and error, and I recall being lost so many times not knowing how to fix my physiological and psychological states, but once on a solid path and there is a high degree of bodily wisdom, things become very good :)

I'm mainly lost atm :oops:. It's not easy to deal with the fatigue, but at least I'm learning. I seem to have found the source of my nausea in public transport though: too much sugar, too little minerals (salt and/or magnesium and/or potassium). Funny, last year before encountering Peat I was probably at the other hand of the spectrum, too much minerals, not enough carbs. I was peeing all the time and had a difficult time focusing on work.

Cirion

Yeah, breaking out seems extremely hard. I think you're right that once you're actually starting to improve you can get an idea for what works, but being in low energy 24/7 sucks. I have been stuck in low chronic energy for like a year now. My latest hail mary so to speak has been to increase caffeine to force my body into submission, but now I think that's failing, yet again. Woke up with horrible temperature this morning. But it's the only thing that's made my weight drop, so I feel like I just need to power through it. I don't think it's possible for me to obtain proper physiological states while being obese, so if it makes me drop the weight then I will suffer the worse temperatures I guess.

lampofred

Last edited:

Cirion

This will sound a bit odd, but for the people who are trying to eat intuitively, maybe try minimizing the length of your showers and avoiding tap water as much as possible. The birth control residue that circulates in municipal water really seriously affects my consciousness and intuition. I had been feeling foggy for the past week and just realized 2 days ago that I had started drinking tap water again after several months of only drinking bottled. I avoided tap water completely yesterday and I'm 50% better already. Long showers make me feel the same way.

In my experience, things that raise prolactin (especially estrogen) worsen intuition, and things that lower prolactin, such as coffee, strengthen it.

I personally don't trust any water, even filtered, bottled, whatever. The only water I ever use now is distilled. It is the ONLY water that you can truly trust has nothing in it. I bought a meter that detects dissolved solids. And yeah, tap water makes it turn red, but distilled water, as expected, has undetectable amounts of solids. As you said, tap water is a quick way to mess yourself up.

ShotTrue

Yeah, breaking out seems extremely hard. I think you're right that once you're actually starting to improve you can get an idea for what works, but being in low energy 24/7 sucks. I have been stuck in low chronic energy for like a year now. My latest hail mary so to speak has been to increase caffeine to force my body into submission, but now I think that's failing, yet again. Woke up with horrible temperature this morning. But it's the only thing that's made my weight drop, so I feel like I just need to power through it. I don't think it's possible for me to obtain proper physiological states while being obese, so if it makes me drop the weight then I will suffer the worse temperatures I guess.
yeah obese is your problem

ShotTrue

I personally don't trust any water, even filtered, bottled, whatever. The only water I ever use now is distilled. It is the ONLY water that you can truly trust has nothing in it. I bought a meter that detects dissolved solids. And yeah, tap water makes it turn red, but distilled water, as expected, has undetectable amounts of solids. As you said, tap water is a quick way to mess yourself up.
For sure, avoid tap I buy bottled if I have to, filtered at all possible times I have berkey

ShotTrue

This will sound a bit odd, but for the people who are trying to eat intuitively, maybe try minimizing the length of your showers and avoiding tap water as much as possible. The birth control residue that circulates in municipal water really seriously affects my consciousness and intuition. I had been feeling foggy for the past week and just realized 2 days ago that I had started drinking tap water again after several months of only drinking bottled. I avoided tap water completely yesterday and I'm 50% better already. Long showers make me feel the same way.

In my experience, things that raise prolactin (especially estrogen) worsen intuition, and things that lower prolactin, such as coffee, strengthen it.
Are you sure its not the chlorine for the shower

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I'm mainly lost atm :oops:. It's not easy to deal with the fatigue, but at least I'm learning. I seem to have found the source of my nausea in public transport though: too much sugar, too little minerals (salt and/or magnesium and/or potassium). Funny, last year before encountering Peat I was probably at the other hand of the spectrum, too much minerals, not enough carbs. I was peeing all the time and had a difficult time focusing on work.

Yes too much sugar is problematic. There’s been periods where I’m just pounding down the sodas and milk/sugar, and while I’d feel ecstatic, it was a manic high type of energy, without any underlying strength behind it. My hands would go cold and i would frequently urinate as well.

Do you do any type of movement training? I have found that my training is an excellent pairing with this cultivation of self-awareness, as I was able to sense when my body felt strength, or weakness, and adjust my eating habits to maintain that feeling of strength. Just chasing energy wasn’t enough, as I had stated, I could be flying high on energy, but have no muscle strength behind it.

Even practicing something like yoga/meditation/stretching can help increase self-awareness. I used to traditionally meditate a decent amount, but I abandoned the traditional practice of following the breath to “meditating” on my conscious states and living/eating accordingly.

Perhaps taking a break from the scales/temps/hr measurements could be helpful? I know you have this idea of an optimal human having certain quantitative markers, but maybe that’s not possible in a natural dynamic state. Peat after all takes thyroid and supplements to keep his HR up, and maybe it’s perfectly fine to be in periods of lowered heart rate, temps, and energy, so that the body can repair and rest and then support a push of higher energy. I def enjoy the feeling of that rush of energy and euphoria that can come from putting the pieces together just right, but sometimes I can’t quite hit it. Plus i think it would be very tiring to constantly be high energy all the time. I enjoy my periods of rest and relaxation. On days when I’ve overdone the coffee/milk/sugar, and I’ve been highly euphoric and motivated all day, I’ll usually crash and become low energy and depressed the next, and so Im starting to not force the highs as much anymore.

Tap water has always tasted off to me. If I drink water, it’s always bottled, which taste great to me. The only time i use tap would be for boiling pasta/potatoes. Coffee is good but I have noticed that if I over do it my intelligence will skyrocket (great!) but I’ll also become a huge ***hole, with a very short temper, easily agitated, and quite selfish.

How is birth control ending up in the water ways? Are there verifiable sources for this?

somuch4food

Do you do any type of movement training? I have found that my training is an excellent pairing with this cultivation of self-awareness, as I was able to sense when my body felt strength, or weakness, and adjust my eating habits to maintain that feeling of strength. Just chasing energy wasn’t enough, as I had stated, I could be flying high on energy, but have no muscle strength behind it.

That's something I need to explore, but between moving, managing a 2 year old and being pregnant, I do not have much left for exercise atm. I should incorporate some light stretching upon awakening and/or before bed. I'm reestablishing my habits in my new home right now. I have started taking regular baths with baking soda and sometimes epsom salts. I find they help with my sleep and my body aches. I feel it when I skip my bath.

Cirion

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread, if so, let me know lol.

I am thinking of trying some of VoS/Sea's uncoupling techniques. I'm increasing my caffeine dose again. I think I'll increase my caffeine dose every time my weight loss stalls. Until I get to at least 1 gram a day, maybe 2 gram (Sea did 2-4 gram a day of caffeine, said his digestion didn't permanently heal until 2 gram caffeine a day).

Also gotta drop dietary fat again. I can tell, being in tune with my mood, that fat doesn't do me good. Neither does excess protein. Every time I bring back fat, my temperatures drop like a freakin rock.

inurendotoxin

Following.

Terma

You get it man, won't reiterate

I knew this guy who was a prodigy and wanted to be a brain surgeon and probably is. We both had good grades so he used to turn to me and say things like, "Don't you get tired of stupid people?" Except I had to work my **** off every test while he just coasted through with A++ like it was a prescription, though I know he studied. He was condescending because he couldn't get why this stuff was hard for others. They were just "stupid people". I hope today he gets this ***t too, but I doubt he's surrounded by positive influence.

If you reach that level of ease later in your life as opposed to being born with it, you have a greater understanding of the human experience.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

You get it man, won't reiterate

I knew this guy who was a prodigy and wanted to be a brain surgeon and probably is. We both had good grades so he used to turn to me and say things like, "Don't you get tired of stupid people?" Except I had to work my **** off every test while he just coasted through with A++ like it was a prescription, though I know he studied. He was condescending because he couldn't get why this stuff was hard for others. They were just "stupid people". I hope today he gets this ***t too, but I doubt he's surrounded by positive influence.

If you reach that level of ease later in your life as opposed to being born with it, you have a greater understanding of the human experience.

Sometimes I get a little down, because I think about how much more developed I could have been if I had consistent proper nutrition my ENTIRE life. At the extreme levels of intellect, writing novels that rival Dostoevsky. But then I realize 2 things,

1) my experience of being very dumb and sick to being very healthy and smart have given me a deeper understanding of how powerful nutrition is in fueling intelligence and how little culpability there is in people who are sick or unintelligent. I see people being sick or slow or angry or difficult, and I think about how improper their nutrition must be. I have deeper empathy than I ever could have had compared to being raised in a highly nourished environment, and maybe could have ended up like your doctor friend had I never had to suffer in the amount that I did.

2) there is nothing stopping me from eventually reaching new peaks of human intellect and experience, so long as I continue to nourish myself properly. I mean, Socrates was out philosophizing and influencing his city at the age of 71 when they put him to death. Who knows what I can accomplish in 20-30-40 years with consistent development :)

I had some Cuban today with the fam, and I came to some great conclusions. The Cuban mojo sauce, which is a combination of garlic, lemon, vinegar, and salt is insanely powerful. I was able to cleanly eat rice, fish, and yucca with that sauce with absolutely zero digestive troubles and I felt so good afterwards. This is all I crave now. My body knows that that food is true nutrition. True strength. True vitality.

I believe the sauce is made with vegetable oil, so I will experiment with both olive oil and lard, and choose whichever one tastes best and gives me the best vitality.

So unfortunately I was constrained by the amount of rice and fish ordered at the restaurant. I needed more. My body knew it needed more of that. That raw, clean, pure energy. So I attempted to go to my local grocery store to purchase all the ingredients and begin experimenting with my own recipes. But I ran into the most unfortunate situation with the most unfortunate person.

I showed up 5 minutes late. The doors close 15 minutes before the store officially closes. I plead my case, tell the manager that I will only be but 5 minutes, out before the store actually closed, that I’m new to the area, they didn’t have that rule at the other grocery store I frequented.

In her eyes, I could see the hard shell. The stress, the frustration, the disease. There was no getting to her. She was stuck. Stuck in her stress. No ability to compromise. No ability to empathize. No ability to communicate and listen. And who is she but a mere instantiation of the mal-nurture that plagues humanity. I read through your posts Terma and i have to corroborate what you said. We are at an inflection point! Who knows how much better humanity could be if every single individual was properly nourished from the day they were born. We have the knowledge, but it is on us to bring to truth the pillars of good health, and in turn create a society where we all can cooperate and live so peacefully! What is sin and evil but diseased physiological states, and how possibly can good and love exist in the sick being!

So now I must fast. I can’t fathom putting anything else into my body besides that nourishing sauce, starch, fish, and vegetables. Who knows how the night will go, but I will ride it out until my next feast!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals