Runenights Musings

jet9

Been waking up at 3am consistently for the past couple nights. Something’s off.
Rice was doing that for me. I can eat other starches and sleep fine, but when i eat rice i often wake up at 2-3am.

p.s. by the way why you ditched sweet potatoes ? in your posts from 1 year ago you wrote that sweet potatoes are your favorite starch.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Rice was doing that for me. I can eat other starches and sleep fine, but when i eat rice i often wake up at 2-3am.

p.s. by the way why you ditched sweet potatoes ? in your posts from 1 year ago you wrote that sweet potatoes are your favorite starch.

1 year ago I knew myself less than I know now. Compared to yucca and French bread I just not quite the biggest fan of the sweet potato anymore.

I say so many definitive statements, only to backtrack on them the next day. Definitely a flaw of mine.

This day has had me consuming large amounts of lemons, sugar, and starches. French bread with butter for lunch. Dinner right now is yucca with lemon. The yucca with lemon juice is incredibly good. Highly recommend trying it out. I had fish and rice for breakfast, but I’m not quite sold on it yet. I felt mentally slower and not all there. My creative spark in conversations was gone, and I felt very passive. I’m very undecided on animal meat. I still have some fleshing out to do there. Eggs and butter may be able to sustain all the strength I need without clogging up my digestion and slowing down my energy and cognition. I think I may be done with dairy, at least for the time being.

Today I had a good moment though. I finally was able to feel all the ***t that’s clogged up in my stomach. It’s happened a few times in the past, and definitely is a good sign when I’m hyper aware of my stomach, as I can make proper decisions for food consumption. Sometimes my energy is low because I have a ball of food just trapped in my stomach, not moving around very well. Sugar and lemons seem to help a lot keep things moving. I ate yucca without lemon and I felt how it was dampening my energy. Put some lemon on it and i feel so much brighter and energized from the tuber.

Cirion

If you buy into the Angstrom energy of foods theory, I believe Lemon is an ultra-high angstrom food and some guy supposedly tested out that fish alone is very low energy, but put lemon on it (or any other low energy food) and it turns it into a high energy food. Seems you may be proving that theory. Goes to show how food combining can be critical tho if you plan to eat a food that, on its own, might be low energy.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

If you buy into the Angstrom energy of foods theory, I believe Lemon is an ultra-high angstrom food and some guy supposedly tested out that fish alone is very low energy, but put lemon on it (or any other low energy food) and it turns it into a high energy food. Seems you may be proving that theory. Goes to show how food combining can be critical tho if you plan to eat a food that, on its own, might be low energy.

What do they say about salt? Stuff my words into my own mouth because I just had fish again, but this time with lemon juice instead of salt. I ate the fish and rice with salt instead of lemon this morning, and that could be why I had a negative reaction, whereas with lemon I seem to feel fine. Nothing manic or awesome, but just normal.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I welcome the morning with eager breath.

For even though the eyes are groggy and the body heavy

There is light

A chance anew, to make right all that went wrong.

Body hungry and fresh, from the nightly fast, ready to begin playing our little game.

Move after move, we dance through the steps.

I follow its lead, wherever it may take me.

With clear and open mind I correctly make the pass.

But with a moments distraction, I falter and fall

And down I lay, until I am picked back up.

Ready to play again

And we play and we play, and we dance and we dance

Until the game has been mastered, the routine perfected

managing

I welcome the morning with eager breath.

For even though the eyes are groggy and the body heavy

There is light

A chance anew, to make right all that went wrong.

Body hungry and fresh, from the nightly fast, ready to begin playing our little game.

Move after move, we dance through the steps.

I follow its lead, wherever it may take me.

With clear and open mind I correctly make the pass.

But with a moments distraction, I falter and fall

And down I lay, until I am picked back up.

Ready to play again

And we play and we play, and we dance and we dance

Until the game has been mastered, the routine perfected
WHat if your grand calling is poetry?

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

WHat if your grand calling is poetry?

Poetry is fun, but Im by no means even close to a good poet. Just as I am not a good mover, or writer, or reader, or teacher. But when the energy is abundant, I feel myself developing in these aspects when I dedicate myself to them, and that is rewarding for me. If I had a million dollars, I would be living my life no differently than how I am now! Perhaps my environment may change, and certain things I would implement to expedite certain necessary processes, but what is more fulfilling than the active development of self! And when one has matured enough, then they can make a meaningful contribution to the world. How little of us become wise. To become wise must be the noblest venture of human, and to impart wisdom the greatest mark!

So I watch my nutrition, because when I’m able to enter into a flow state, I know that I have eaten well. The more flow states I enter, the better the development of self, and the more fulfilled I feel! What a gift time is, one that I can never give back, so the most of it I make, so I never will lack!

Cirion

Yeah that's the hard part, is getting abundant energy tho... for me a million dollars would help expedite that process (as you implied a little tho).

That said, I feel a little better today after sleeping almost 12 hrs. I think I discovered something -- you DO NOT want to sleep in too warm of a room. Seems counter-intuitive with what we know here about body temp and wanting to keep it up... However, the body WANTS to actually lower its temp during sleep!! And if you prevent that via too hot of a house, it actually causes problems! I dropped my normal thermostat 2 deg the last 2 nights and my sleep has actually improved. Im not sure how cold to do it, as too cold is probably bad too, but for what its worth, at the point when I was far healthier than now, I used to sleep like 5 deg even colder. And if one is afraid that it will lower waking temp... Counter intuitively enough, it seems lowering the house temp also raises the waking temp (98.4F waking temp today). Im sleeping deeper and better this way. I used to wake up every couple of hrs, now I almost always sleep at least 6 hr straight without one awakening sometimes more. && when you actually get good sleep, blood sugar control and energy and well just everything the next day is better

I also decided to start using weekends as a "caffeine reset time". No caffeine except for one or two mexi colas. No coffee. The energy you get from a restful nights sleep is soooo much better than the manic and foggy energy you get from coffee/caffeine its calmer and much clearer

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Yeah that's the hard part, is getting abundant energy tho... for me a million dollars would help expedite that process (as you implied a little tho).

That said, I feel a little better today after sleeping almost 12 hrs. I think I discovered something -- you DO NOT want to sleep in too warm of a room. Seems counter-intuitive with what we know here about body temp and wanting to keep it up... However, the body WANTS to actually lower its temp during sleep!! And if you prevent that via too hot of a house, it actually causes problems! I dropped my normal thermostat 2 deg the last 2 nights and my sleep has actually improved. Im not sure how cold to do it, as too cold is probably bad too, but for what its worth, at the point when I was far healthier than now, I used to sleep like 5 deg even colder. And if one is afraid that it will lower waking temp... Counter intuitively enough, it seems lowering the house temp also raises the waking temp (98.4F waking temp today). Im sleeping deeper and better this way. I used to wake up every couple of hrs, now I almost always sleep at least 6 hr straight without one awakening sometimes more. && when you actually get good sleep, blood sugar control and energy and well just everything the next day is better

I also decided to start using weekends as a "caffeine reset time". No caffeine except for one or two mexi colas. No coffee. The energy you get from a restful nights sleep is soooo much better than the manic and foggy energy you get from coffee/caffeine its calmer and much clearer

Dude I’m doing the same thing in terms of caffeine reset. I feel like the past couple months every time I’ve felt great is because I’ve been hopped up on some kind of stimulant, but it’s just not sustainable. I feel like without some sort of stim I end up flat and low energy. I’m doing a sort of detox right now with just foods and avoiding any sort of coffee/caffeine/tea. Im ok with cola though. Cola always seems to help my digestion whenever it’s gets clogged upz Lots of lemon. I like lemons lol. My stomach feels flatter this way and less bloated.

Cirion

I feel like the past couple months every time I’ve felt great is because I’ve been hopped up on some kind of stimulant,

Argh, I've looked back at some of my posts sometimes with embarrassment as I realize that post was completely fueled by manic energy by stimulants lol.

Really the only reason I even use stimulants at all ever is thanks to something called Corporate America. Whenever I am in vacation mode and can just relax, stimulants are pretty much not ever necessary. If I'm still tired when I wake up on vacation? Just go back to bed. Not an option when you have to be at work. Lol sigh. My ideal work week (well, besides zero work LOL) would be maybe a 20 hr workweek and be able to stroll into work at like 1 pm if you so desire to get your 4 hrs or so in. Funny, I'd probably be more productive too. Being extremely well rested and 100% on point with my mental energy would turn on my creativity and processing abilities to a much greater degree than begrudgling crawling out of bed a few hrs before I want to with a crappy waking body temp / energy etc.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Blagh!

So the abundance of white rice and sugars were giving me great energy, but then I ran into the oh so recurrent problem, taxed digestion but feeling of hunger. I looked at that bowl of white rice and intuitively knew there was no way my body could’ve handled more of it.

Re-ran the algorithms, alright screw it Im having fish. 3 pieces of fish and a whole cola later and I’m much better satiated and I felt pretty strong. No energy crash. I think the energy crash from animal protein only occurs when there is insufficient carbohydrate stores in the body. Much like what @redsun had just mentioned in a separate thread.

So I think it’s crucial to make sure there is abundant glucose in the body at all times, and then when the body has tapped out, to intake protein for all the benefits animal flesh has.

Even after those 3 pieces of fish, I felt better, but not completely “full”. It’s been hard for me to ever feel full anymore, unless I add fat on everything, but that causes its own set of problems. So I decided I was going to have 2% milk. Cue INSTANT naseau. Odd, usually 2% milk digests fine. In fact, while I was drinking it, i recall having the thought, “this tastes too fatty” I have been high carb today, and my body had a detox reaction this morning where I had 3 back to back bowel movements. Maybe I can’t handle fat anymore? That’s fine, carbs give higher energy anyways.

I certainly felt that itch for milk, but I don’t think I can do 2% anymore. I will either have to switch to skim or 1%. Milk is almost like a drug. Instant happiness, especially with maple syrup. Just important to not upset the digestion drinking it. This is a very kempneresque diet, and what’s interesting is that the original diet itself even allowed for eventually skim milk and I think fish. So high carb, moderate protein, low-low fat. We’ll see if I can make this consistent. I like fish more than any other meat. It’s very light. Evolutionarily speaking we would have primarily eaten sea food, as it was the most easily obtained source of food.

So all in all, I think this is a good direction for me. Life is just much better with abundant glucose flowing through the body. White rice is the most easily digested starch. Every other starch just doesn’t compare. I feel bad for anyone who restricts carbohydrate intake, they are missing out on higher energy states!

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

What do we live for? What makes a worthwhile life? Is it the mark we leave behind or the experiences we undergo? To get in touch with the Spirit, that is what makes a life worth living. To feel, deep within, that the creation that comes out isn't thought of, but just expressed. The words aren't truly mine. They bubble up and then are released. In the diseased body, the expression is unable to be had, but in the prolific state, they flow out completely in tune with the Spirit.

To get in touch with the creative state, the body must be taken care of, and then all that is necessary is a touch of inspiration. It can come from anywhere, a striking scene from the environment, an emotional piece of music, a touching prose. Each one powerful, combined into one, transformative. Stimulate each sense, to such an extreme, and it might be the most intense spiritual practice ever created.

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I'll know you'll be a star. But why, why, can't it be mine?" -Black, Pearl Jam

The words themselves, express despair. It is touching to the reader to a certain extent. But when listened to, in combination with the momentous music and the exasperation in the artists voice, sends chills down the back. Even if one has never experienced what lost love is, the listener experiences vicariously through the artist, and the intended effect is achieved.

The message, while personally not useful, has shifted me into an intensely creative mode, where I feel as if I must express. Luckily I have the luxury of time, and a body that is taken care of, so that I can express uninterrupted.

In the Spirit, we break from our normative life. If it were not for the Spirit, life would lose its meaning. It is in the Spirit, that we experience what it truly means to be human. It is these rare moments that I seek out. Where the Spirit expresses Itself through the body. In which It sends shivers down my spine. In which It bring tears to the eyes. In which It touches the soul. It provides the impetus to keep on living.

When was the last time you cried? Not out of sadness, but out of pure joy for being alive. For being in touch with the Spirit. Cry then, and cry hard. So that you know what it feels like to be in touch with It. But my time has been interrupted, and it is time for me to stop.

Last edited:

lampofred

What do we live for? What makes a worthwhile life? Is it the mark we leave behind or the experiences we undergo? To get in touch with the Spirit, that is what makes a life worth living. To feel, deep within, that the creation that comes out isn't thought of, but just expressed. The words aren't truly mine. They bubble up and then are released. In the diseased body, the expression is unable to be had, but in the prolific state, they flow out completely in tune with the Spirit.

To get in touch with the creative state, the body must be taken care of, and then all that is necessary is a touch of inspiration. It can come from anywhere, a striking scene from the environment, an emotional piece of music, a touching prose. Each one powerful, combined into one, transformative. Stimulate each sense, to such an extreme, and it might be the most intense spiritual practice ever created.

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I'll know you'll be a star. But why, why, can't it be mine?" -Black, Pearl Jam

The words themselves, express despair. It is touching to the reader to a certain extent. But when listened to, in combination with the momentous music and the exasperation in the artists voice, sends chills down the back. Even if one has never experienced what lost live is, the listener experiences vicariously through the artist, and the intended effect is achieved.

The message, while personally not useful, has shifted me into an intensely creative mode, where I feel as if I must express. Luckily I have the luxury of time, and a body that is taken care of, so that I can express uninterrupted.

In the Spirit, we break from our normative life. If it were not for the Spirit, life would lose its meaning. It is in the Spirit, that we experience what it truly means to be human. It is these rare moments that I seek out. Where the Spirit expresses Itself through the body. In which It sends shivers down my spine. In which It bring tears to the eyes. In which It touches the soul. It provides the impetus to keep on living.

When was the last time you cried? Not out of sadness, but out of pure joy for being alive. For being in touch with the Spirit. Cry then, and cry hard. So that you know what it feels like to be in touch with It. But my time has been interrupted, and it is time for me to stop.

Wow, whatever you are doing is working for you. I think connection with Spirit is a low phosphate/iron/PUFA, high thyroid/CO2 state.

Cirion

I think the energy crash from animal protein only occurs when there is insufficient carbohydrate stores in the body. Much like what @redsun had just mentioned in a separate thread.

So I think it’s crucial to make sure there is abundant glucose in the body at all times, and then when the body has tapped out, to intake protein for all the benefits animal flesh has.

Personally, I need an obscene carb/protein ratio. This is a plot from my own database showing that I need > 12 carb:protein ratio to achieve "perfect" metabolic markers (temp, pulse, and wt. change). However, too many carbs beyond a certain level (somewhere in the 9-1.1k range for me) is not helpful either, which sets a hard limit of somewhere in the 70-100 ish gram of protein a day. So for me, I think while intuitively SOME animal protein may be needed, whenever I eat it, it just simply never ever works for me, like ever. SO annoying =/ For me, even with 1,000 gram of carbs in my belly, I still rarely react well to protein in the 120-150+ gram range (total for that day). Even 100 gram can be too much for me.

upload_2019-8-11_19-48-49.png

I get the same hunger problems you do with lots of carbs... But every time I satisfy it with protein/animal products I ALWAYS regret it. Sure it fills me up but it clogs my digestion, bloats me, trashes my waking temps/pulses and moods the next day -- Even when I eat 1,000 gram of carbs.

So what do you do??? I'm seriously almost out of ideas here.

I wish I could get the mental states you do. I don't think I ever will at this rate tho. I hate how the mental state is so subject to the whims of your gut and digestion. Like literally yesterday was the best day I have had in a while, then today was one of the worse ones. I feel like I'm bipolar sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Personally, I need an obscene carb/protein ratio. This is a plot from my own database showing that I need > 12 carb:protein ratio to achieve "perfect" metabolic markers (temp, pulse, and wt. change). However, too many carbs beyond a certain level (somewhere in the 9-1.1k range for me) is not helpful either, which sets a hard limit of somewhere in the 70-100 ish gram of protein a day. So for me, I think while intuitively SOME animal protein may be needed, whenever I eat it, it just simply never ever works for me, like ever. SO annoying =/ For me, even with 1,000 gram of carbs in my belly, I still rarely react well to protein in the 120-150+ gram range (total for that day). Even 100 gram can be too much for me.

View attachment 14265

I get the same hunger problems you do with lots of carbs... But every time I satisfy it with protein/animal products I ALWAYS regret it. Sure it fills me up but it clogs my digestion, bloats me, trashes my waking temps/pulses and moods the next day -- Even when I eat 1,000 gram of carbs.

So what do you do??? I'm seriously almost out of ideas here.

I wish I could get the mental states you do. I don't think I ever will at this rate tho. I hate how the mental state is so subject to the whims of your gut and digestion. Like literally yesterday was the best day I have had in a while, then today was one of the worse ones. I feel like I'm bipolar sometimes.

I would keep the carbs, perhaps try seafood instead of beef, and skim milk instead of yogurt. I think being bipolar is from inconsistent energy utilization, lord I’ve definitely felt that so many times. Yesterday was a low energy, apathetic depressed day for me, and today I got the ball moving again.

Oh yea, perhaps engaging in some stretching, squatting, and movement is helpful. I can tell when my stomach is acting up cuz I can’t stretch or squat as well. If I get a bloated stomach, hanging out in a squatted position helps open up the digested cavities and relieve some gas. Going for a light walk also is helpful. There seriously is value to sweating. I think a lot of us retain excess water, and sweating helps get rid of it. I sweat super easily when I’ve retained too much water.

Sometimes, we don’t need sugar or fruit or starch, but just water is needed. This is more evident if you start sweating more. I don’t know what happens but I think a lot of adults lose the ability to sense what dehydration feels like. I usually give water a shot, if it makes me feel better I keep drinking it, but if I taste it with apathy than I usually try something else.

Cirion

I would keep the carbs, perhaps try seafood instead of beef, and skim milk instead of yogurt. I think being bipolar is from inconsistent energy utilization, lord I’ve definitely felt that so many times. Yesterday was a low energy, apathetic depressed day for me, and today I got the ball moving again.

Oh yea, perhaps engaging in some stretching, squatting, and movement is helpful. I can tell when my stomach is acting up cuz I can’t stretch or squat as well. If I get a bloated stomach, hanging out in a squatted position helps open up the digested cavities and relieve some gas. Going for a light walk also is helpful. There seriously is value to sweating. I think a lot of us retain excess water, and sweating helps get rid of it. I sweat super easily when I’ve retained too much water.

Sometimes, we don’t need sugar or fruit or starch, but just water is needed. This is more evident if you start sweating more. I don’t know what happens but I think a lot of adults lose the ability to sense what dehydration feels like. I usually give water a shot, if it makes me feel better I keep drinking it, but if I taste it with apathy than I usually try something else.

Good suggestions. Unfortunately skim milk is a no-go due to tryptophan. I could maybe try seafood though. What are you eating for fish lately? Moving a little is probably a decent idea. Interestingly enough, my weight was mostly consistent during the week and then I gained during a sedentary day, go figure. I do try to not over-do the calories on completely sedentary days though.

The sweating idea might be worth looking into. Maybe time to stop keeping the AC up so high when I'm at home (unless I'm trying to sleep).

Yeah, I have no sense of dehydration. I literally could go the whole day without drinking anything. I think that's precisely because I've retained some much f'ing water though. I easily have 50 extra lb of water just weighing me down.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Good suggestions. Unfortunately skim milk is a no-go due to tryptophan. I could maybe try seafood though. What are you eating for fish lately? Moving a little is probably a decent idea. Interestingly enough, my weight was mostly consistent during the week and then I gained during a sedentary day, go figure. I do try to not over-do the calories on completely sedentary days though.

The sweating idea might be worth looking into. Maybe time to stop keeping the AC up so high when I'm at home (unless I'm trying to sleep).

Yeah, I have no sense of dehydration. I literally could go the whole day without drinking anything. I think that's precisely because I've retained some much f'ing water though. I easily have 50 extra lb of water just weighing me down.

I like white fish. Cod being my favorite. It’s not a whole lot, maybe 6-12 oz a day. My experience earlier today was primarily brought on by consuming pacific whiting, skim milk, maple syrup, and then a little bit of coffee (so much for the caffeine detox lol). The coffee was the final piece in the puzzle that aligned everything and allowed me to get away from my physiological state and enter into a writing flow state. It was maybe like half a cup though so not much. Since that experience (about 4 hours ago) I’ve only had water, so I’ve essentially been able to fast for a decent amount and not feel any stress.

I wouldn’t hang around in heat for a long time, as that can get stressful, but engage in short, concentrated sweating sessions outside in the sun. Once it gets stressful I would stop. I like to walk around in the sun listening to music. Usually makes me feel pretty good.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Oh yea I’ve also been straying away from the fruit juices. A little bit of oj might be fine but I’ve noticed that apple/grape juice seem to mess with my stomach where as I can eat a small amount of grapes and then be fine. On Saturday I actually chugged about 2 cups of grape juice and I became brain fogged/agitated. Very unpleasant.

Cirion

and then a little bit of coffee (so much for the caffeine detox lol)

lol my caffeine detox ended today too. All it takes for me is to have one low energy day and I fall off the wagon =P