Runenights Musings

Terma

You leave me nothing to write, lol. I only wish that happened more often.

managing

Sometimes I get a little down, because I think about how much more developed I could have been if I had consistent proper nutrition my ENTIRE life. At the extreme levels of intellect, writing novels that rival Dostoevsky. But then I realize 2 things,
In all honesty, you might want to ask yourself where the drive and desire "to be something" or "to do something with your life" is coming from. Because it isn't coming from within you. In that regard, it is a stressor and a depressor. If you could find and discard that, you might find yourself capable of recognizing and appreciating what/who you are and then you can be in the moment comfortably . . .

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

In all honesty, you might want to ask yourself where the drive and desire "to be something" or "to do something with your life" is coming from. Because it isn't coming from within you. In that regard, it is a stressor and a depressor. If you could find and discard that, you might find yourself capable of recognizing and appreciating what/who you are and then you can be in the moment comfortably . . .

I’ve certainly flirted with the Buddhist models of enlightenment and mindfulness meditation, and there are many times when I am completely at peace with where I am, what I’m doing, who I am. That being said, there are also certainly times when I feel an intense drive to DO something. I think these shifts in personality are in large part due to my nutrition. When I have a very high energy diet, my drive and zeal for life are just so high that I feel as if I must go and engage; somewhere, somehow, someone. And engaging brings me immense pleasure and makes me feel very much as if it’s the exactly correct thing to be doing.

I think ultimately I diverge from the Buddhist model. While at a fundamental level I will agree with their principle notions of Divinity and emptiness of Existence, i disagree that this is a state we should be seeking. I think a much more fulfilling life comes from a high energy diet which allows for plenty of self-development, growth, social interaction, discovery, creation.

I think humans are most fulfilled and have the highest quality of life when all of Maslow’s needs are met and they find themselves in the self-actualización and creation stage of life.

Ultimately I think the diet shapes the personality, and if I were to be eating a low energy diet I would probably be cool with sitting on a mountain top in Tibet meditating with the birds. However, I have felt the high energy states of creation, and I enjoy that mode much more.

managing

I’ve certainly flirted with the Buddhist models of enlightenment and mindfulness meditation, and there are many times when I am completely at peace with where I am, what I’m doing, who I am. That being said, there are also certainly times when I feel an intense drive to DO something. I think these shifts in personality are in large part due to my nutrition. When I have a very high energy diet, my drive and zeal for life are just so high that I feel as if I must go and engage; somewhere, somehow, someone. And engaging brings me immense pleasure and makes me feel very much as if it’s the exactly correct thing to be doing.

I think ultimately I diverge from the Buddhist model. While at a fundamental level I will agree with their principle notions of Divinity and emptiness of Existence, i disagree that this is a state we should be seeking. I think a much more fulfilling life comes from a high energy diet which allows for plenty of self-development, growth, social interaction, discovery, creation.

I think humans are most fulfilled and have the highest quality of life when all of Maslow’s needs are met and they find themselves in the self-actualización and creation stage of life.

Ultimately I think the diet shapes the personality, and if I were to be eating a low energy diet I would probably be cool with sitting on a mountain top in Tibet meditating with the birds. However, I have felt the high energy states of creation, and I enjoy that mode much more.
I couldn't agree more. I am focusing more though on the frame of reference in your original post. (ASIDE: if you find any of this annoying I will gladly buzz off, I write because you seem from various posts to be pretty open to challenge in a good way).

Getting back to frame of reference: it was just one statement, perhaps I am granting it too much significance. But "writing novels like Dostoyevsky" implies a grand scale. If I am to be great, it must be acknowledged by multitudes of others and leave a lasting mark on the world. That is the part that I am thinking comes from a grand narrative that defines "greatness" in a particular way and requires "proof" of the greatness in a particular form.

I thought similarly in the past. I've been much happier since I accepted that my own happiness and my impact on those immediately around me (my children, for example) is the only frame of reference that matters. I don't feel compelled to do "great things" nor do I regret nor feel diminished because I don't/haven't. I make me happy, which makes me happy. I approve of myself, because I make myself happy. My self-approval makes me happier than the approval of others (whether literal or by fulfilling a grand narrative) ever could. And so on.

Again, just trying to draw your attention to the assumptions in your statements if it benefits you. You aren't me and my example may be useless to you.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I couldn't agree more. I am focusing more though on the frame of reference in your original post. (ASIDE: if you find any of this annoying I will gladly buzz off, I write because you seem from various posts to be pretty open to challenge in a good way).

Getting back to frame of reference: it was just one statement, perhaps I am granting it too much significance. But "writing novels like Dostoyevsky" implies a grand scale. If I am to be great, it must be acknowledged by multitudes of others and leave a lasting mark on the world. That is the part that I am thinking comes from a grand narrative that defines "greatness" in a particular way and requires "proof" of the greatness in a particular form.

I thought similarly in the past. I've been much happier since I accepted that my own happiness and my impact on those immediately around me (my children, for example) is the only frame of reference that matters. I don't feel compelled to do "great things" nor do I regret nor feel diminished because I don't/haven't. I make me happy, which makes me happy. I approve of myself, because I make myself happy. My self-approval makes me happier than the approval of others (whether literal or by fulfilling a grand narrative) ever could. And so on.

Again, just trying to draw your attention to the assumptions in your statements if it benefits you. You aren't me and my example may be useless to you.

Those are fair points. To be completely honest, I have no idea where those thoughts come from (do we really have any idea where any thoughts come from?) Occasionally thoughts of grandeur enter into my head, especially when I’m doped up like crazy (in the dopamine sense ;) ), and there definitely is the influence of the desire to be recognized and validated for greatness there. Even as a kid I recall playing warrior in my backyard and having the world recognize me for winning the battle and being the grand leader, so it must be something deeply engrained in me.

At the same time, I do enjoy looking up to role models, seeing their greatness, and wanting the same for myself. I admire the self-confidence, drive, and competence that many great men have. I think this can be healthy, so long as it doesn’t become pathological. I think there can be a healthy development of self, increase in competence, and acquisition of wealth, power, influence , all for the betterment of one’s own quality of life, as well as the capability to make others better as well. To rise up to be a good force in the world. To me that has always been incredibly attractive, but I am so insignificant and incapable right now. This is why I love developing my abilities, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.

So is the drive to be great for validation from others or for true altruistic means? Do I just want to be great because I was raised with Judeochristian principles, in which the most powerful agent is an omnipotent, good, loving being who creates a good world? Is it possible for me to undo that programming, now being a developed adult, or am I destined to carry out that narrative or forever feel unfulfilled? Perhaps I can create my own narrative, on a scale that’s appropriate. It doesn’t have to be world changing, but to the scope I can competently handle and operate within it should be impactful. And perhaps if we all strived for that then the world would change for the better.

Anyways, from a diet POV, I’ve confirmed how important fat is in the diet. Mid-day I received a hunger signal, and figured at that time the best way to satiate it was through a fruit meal. After eating a banana and oj, I was hit with instant fatigue and felt so slow. It was only after intervention of half an avocado, peanut butter, cheese, and eggs was i able to recuperate from my fatigue and continue on my day with energy and clarity. I even came up with a new word in this fatty/sugary fueled state!

Tediousity (noun): the state of carrying out mundane tasks.

I don’t think this is true word generation, as I’m playing with suffixes to create a noun out of an adjective, but still, I was happy with it lol.

I also confirmed how important water intake is. Despite me always trying to challenge mainstream dietary notions, they definitely got water intake correct. I’ve been drinking way more water as of late, and it’s been helping immensely with my mood, energy, and digestion. I feel my brain getting hydrated from the water, very refreshing :)

Cirion

Anyways, from a diet POV, I’ve confirmed how important fat is in the diet. Mid-day I received a hunger signal, and figured at that time the best way to satiate it was through a fruit meal. After eating a banana and oj, I was hit with instant fatigue and felt so slow. It was only after intervention of half an avocado, peanut butter, cheese, and eggs was i able to recuperate from my fatigue and continue on my day with energy and clarity. I even came up with a new word in this fatty/sugary fueled state!

Are you sure it's a need for fat and not for protein? I completely agree that fruit alone (or any carb, starch even) is also not enough alone in many cases, but I'm coming to terms that protein probably is necessary for healing liver dysfunction (I know I know, I've changed my mind on protein more than a politician has changed his stance on the war in the Middle East... so sue me lol). But fat? I'm not so easily convinced. At least with protein, the last time I WAS very healthy, I was eating a reasonable supply of protein, so it's easier to convince me that protein is needed for health, especially in the context of liver regeneration studies.

Your experience from fats and my experience from fats are way different... That said, I believe I was just reading that a healthy liver processes fats way better than a liver that is sluggish. Well, if that's true, it could definitely explain why my experience with fats are less than ideal. Also, I'm having to come to terms with the fact that my playing with super high carb intakes, even though it makes my brain functional, may st ill not be the most ideal, and may just be masking metabolic problems, since a study shows that De Novo Lipogenesis occurs after around 500g of carb intake (making kind of an upper reasonable limit for carbs for non-athletes). This would then necessitate eating some fats if you want energy beyond that I would assume. And if DNL occurs at 500g, you probably might as well just eat the fats at that point, since DNL presumably is energy intensive and not an ideal way to get your fats. Though, up to a point, alot of the excess above 500g gets stored as glycogen (either liver or muscles) before DNL happens.

The liver IMO is basically the key to good health. A bad liver makes good health impossible, but a good liver makes good health easy. It's basically the most important organ in the body for good health.

How much water are you drinking? And how much liquid are you getting from non-water sources? (Like coffee, water filled fruits, sodas, etc). And do you add electrolytes to the water? I do recall a study awhile back I read that just a % or 2 of dehydration can tank androgens drastically. I had never been able to reconcile this study to what people in Peatland have to say about drinking water.

lampofred

Tap water has always tasted off to me. If I drink water, it’s always bottled, which taste great to me. The only time i use tap would be for boiling pasta/potatoes. Coffee is good but I have noticed that if I over do it my intelligence will skyrocket (great!) but I’ll also become a huge ***hole, with a very short temper, easily agitated, and quite selfish.

How is birth control ending up in the water ways? Are there verifiable sources for this?

I think high aromatase might be involved in jitters from coffee. Just a guess though, I don't have any studies to back that up.

RP said it in one of the KMUD interviews, birth control that is peed out isn't filtered out by municipal filtering so it accumulates in the city water.

Cirion

Poor tolerance to coffee means a crappy liver generally more so that sufficient caloric intake IMO now. This has been reported many times. The cure is often reported as increased caffeine intake, but I think that's not a good idea from personal experience unless it is backed up by proper nutrition, and by proper nutrition its more than just adding milk and cream to the coffee, it probably means supplementing B vitamins/choline etc, plenty of protein also--The thing is that caffeine only speeds up stage 1 detoxification in the liver, and NOT stage 2 detoxification (I just learned this this week), so that if your raw materials for stage 2 detoxification are lacking, what you get is a backlog of half detoxed toxins just sitting around, which promotes the "post caffeine malaise" feeling that people get. Being able to go off caffeine and not feel bad, conversely, means stage 2 detoxification is going well. All that said, a dysfunctional liver will indeed not detoxify estrogen properly. So caffeine can speed up HALF of the process of fixing your liver, but if your other half isn't in prime condition, you could actually end up worse, because you've liberated a bunch of toxins via stage 1 detox but left them "in limbo" and clogged up in the stage 2 detox process. BTW stage 2 detox makes the toxins water soluble, so back to the idea of drinking lots of water, this is probably one way that drinking water can indeed be helpful in a "detox" regiment. And also why saunas can be helpful, or sweating in general, as stage 2 metabolic byproducts are carried via water.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Are you sure it's a need for fat and not for protein? I completely agree that fruit alone (or any carb, starch even) is also not enough alone in many cases, but I'm coming to terms that protein probably is necessary for healing liver dysfunction (I know I know, I've changed my mind on protein more than a politician has changed his stance on the war in the Middle East... so sue me lol). But fat? I'm not so easily convinced. At least with protein, the last time I WAS very healthy, I was eating a reasonable supply of protein, so it's easier to convince me that protein is needed for health, especially in the context of liver regeneration studies.

Your experience from fats and my experience from fats are way different... That said, I believe I was just reading that a healthy liver processes fats way better than a liver that is sluggish. Well, if that's true, it could definitely explain why my experience with fats are less than ideal. Also, I'm having to come to terms with the fact that my playing with super high carb intakes, even though it makes my brain functional, may st ill not be the most ideal, and may just be masking metabolic problems, since a study shows that De Novo Lipogenesis occurs after around 500g of carb intake (making kind of an upper reasonable limit for carbs for non-athletes). This would then necessitate eating some fats if you want energy beyond that I would assume. And if DNL occurs at 500g, you probably might as well just eat the fats at that point, since DNL presumably is energy intensive and not an ideal way to get your fats. Though, up to a point, alot of the excess above 500g gets stored as glycogen (either liver or muscles) before DNL happens.

The liver IMO is basically the key to good health. A bad liver makes good health impossible, but a good liver makes good health easy. It's basically the most important organ in the body for good health.

How much water are you drinking? And how much liquid are you getting from non-water sources? (Like coffee, water filled fruits, sodas, etc). And do you add electrolytes to the water? I do recall a study awhile back I read that just a % or 2 of dehydration can tank androgens drastically. I had never been able to reconcile this study to what people in Peatland have to say about drinking water.

Well the peanut butter, cheese, and eggs, all have protein as well as fat, so it may be a need for both! I definitely did not want any meat or milk, and I felt pretty good after consuming those foods, so ima stick with it. I like my meat, but I can’t eat more than about 1/2 to 3/4 pound a day, anymore and I just feel it being too much.

WRT water, i drink it casually throughout the day, anytime I feel my stomach being a little clogged up or my brain feeling a little off. Very rarely do I drink it out of feeling a distinct thirst signal, although when I sweat a lot from exercise of intense activity than I do receive proper thirst signals. Today I probably drank 84 oz worth of pure water, on top of 2 cups of oj, 3 colas, 1 cup of coffee, and 1 cup of milk. I’m definitely peeing about once an hour, but I really enjoy being hydrated. I feel much better with consistent hydration, especially from just water, rather than the over excitation that the abundance of fruit/fruit juice can give. No electrolytes to the water, just your regular ole Aquafina bottled water, and occasionally even water fountain if that’s all that’s available.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I think high aromatase might be involved in jitters from coffee. Just a guess though, I don't have any studies to back that up.

RP said it in one of the KMUD interviews, birth control that is peed out isn't filtered out by municipal filtering so it accumulates in the city water.

It’s not jitters, as I’ve experienced that before, but just short temperedness. Back in the day I used to take pre workout and THAT gave me intense jitters. I enjoy coffee, just in moderation. Once I feel I’ve had enough I stop. I don’t try and force anything (besides maybe water intake now! Although to be fair, I can feel when I’ve had enough water, and I stop drinking it. My stomach will just be too full with liquid. Luckily water dissipates quite rapidly, unlike meat, starch, and dairy constipation, which just sits like a rock in the stomach!)

Gone Peating

The Buddhist doctrine of emptiness or nothingness of existence is extremely paradoxical

While getting away from suffering is a good idea and meditating are good ideas I think Buddha would be disappointed to see what people have done with his teachings. He did not intend to start a religion after all

Cirion

Well the peanut butter, cheese, and eggs, all have protein as well as fat, so it may be a need for both! I definitely did not want any meat or milk, and I felt pretty good after consuming those foods, so ima stick with it. I like my meat, but I can’t eat more than about 1/2 to 3/4 pound a day, anymore and I just feel it being too much.

WRT water, i drink it casually throughout the day, anytime I feel my stomach being a little clogged up or my brain feeling a little off. Very rarely do I drink it out of feeling a distinct thirst signal, although when I sweat a lot from exercise of intense activity than I do receive proper thirst signals. Today I probably drank 84 oz worth of pure water, on top of 2 cups of oj, 3 colas, 1 cup of coffee, and 1 cup of milk. I’m definitely peeing about once an hour, but I really enjoy being hydrated. I feel much better with consistent hydration, especially from just water, rather than the over excitation that the abundance of fruit/fruit juice can give. No electrolytes to the water, just your regular ole Aquafina bottled water, and occasionally even water fountain if that’s all that’s available.

Interesting. Well for what it's worth, back in my healthy days I had tons of water also.

But for the hypothyroid person it is quite the conundrum. Too much liquid can slow down the metabolism further, and lower temps further etc. Liquids seem challenging to digest or handle. But when you're healthy, it's different. T hat's what makes trying to understand the optimal diet extremely challenging. Time and time again it seems that the diet that promotes healing from hypothyroid, simply isn't the same as the diet that is ideal when already at least somewhat healthy and not already excessively over weight etc. But, maybe I'll try it anyway, and see what happens. I haven't had water in quite some time. I get most of my liquid from other sources nowadays.

The same for fats. I seemed to tolerate fats more when I wasn't overweight / hypo. But now? That stuff goes straight to my gut and makes me yet even fatter. As one becomes more and more healthy, more and more foods become vehicles for health. As noted by your flagrant law-breaking of eating peanut butter (better not tell Ray Peat... LOL). But the metabolic by-products of PUFA when you're healthy, are dramatically less harmful, or even neutral, when healthy (I've also experienced this). They are very damaging however when not healthy.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Interesting. Well for what it's worth, back in my healthy days I had tons of water also.

But for the hypothyroid person it is quite the conundrum. Too much liquid can slow down the metabolism further, and lower temps further etc. Liquids seem challenging to digest or handle. But when you're healthy, it's different. T hat's what makes trying to understand the optimal diet extremely challenging. Time and time again it seems that the diet that promotes healing from hypothyroid, simply isn't the same as the diet that is ideal when already at least somewhat healthy and not already excessively over weight etc. But, maybe I'll try it anyway, and see what happens. I haven't had water in quite some time. I get most of my liquid from other sources nowadays.

The same for fats. I seemed to tolerate fats more when I wasn't overweight / hypo. But now? That stuff goes straight to my gut and makes me yet even fatter. As one becomes more and more healthy, more and more foods become vehicles for health. As noted by your flagrant law-breaking of eating peanut butter (better not tell Ray Peat... LOL). But the metabolic by-products of PUFA when you're healthy, are dramatically less harmful, or even neutral, when healthy (I've also experienced this). They are very damaging however when not healthy.

I think the overabundance of fruits and fruit juices are problematic no matter the person. If i were to consume 1k calories worth of fruit/fruit juice tomorrow Im for sure going hypo real quick. I’ve just gotten quite adept at reading what my body needs. When my strength drops I need meat and starch, and then when my brain feels underexcited I need soda or coffee, and then when my stomach acts up I need water, and then when my hands go a little cold I need fat and salt, etc...etc...

On a high fruit diet, for sure water is not necessary, but I don’t like eating that way. Too weak and fatigued. Once meat and starch are introduced, water helps immensely.

Lol the peanut butter was at most a tablespoon. I was just like **** it this tastes good! I mean it’s got b-vitamins, protein, and Vitamin E, so I really don’t think it’s all that bad. Now vegetable oil, that is where I draw the line!

Cirion

Interesting stance on fruit. But, you may not be wrong. After all, Ray only eats roughly 400 carbs a day. This perhaps also explains the phenomenom of some people able to get all their carbs from fruit and none from starch. If you're only eating 400 carbs a day (to me, 400 is low, since I'm accustomed to up to 1000 or more a day, so I'm biased), then I could see that easily being done with just fruit and not feeling empty or hungry because it means fats and proteins (ie, solid/"sustenance" foods) make up a larger portion of the diet comparably, leaving the gut feeling less "empty" despite lack of st arch.

But yeah, starch is better for muscle glycogen, which typically is filled from glucose, not so much fructose. But I think sugar is still helpful immediately following a workout due to its near instantaneous delivery mechanism, with perhaps starch following it.

I do know what you mean about liquid with meat and starch. I find a coke is a lot more satisfying when its coupled with more solid food. Lately I have a coke with my potatoes in the evening and its such a good combo. Potatoes alone seem really drying, but the coke becomes super refreshing as a result and the resulting feeling of hydration really feels good. Not to mention the CO2 and the little hit of caffeine.

Last edited:

Cirion

I was following a Vegan youtube channel for a while. It's what got me playing with vegan style eating. Anyway, he makes a claim that meat is super dehydrating as one of the reasons not to eat animal products. I think he's right, but it sounds like this problem can be mitigated via sufficient water intake and this is perhaps indeed why the recommendation to have 8+ cups of water a day came to be in the first place (since most people eat meat). I can't remember what he said, but I think he went on to claim that even drinking tons of liquid can't overcome the dehydration effect. Meh, yeah, I dunno if I buy that. I do believe it dehydrates, but 8+ cup of water... or even more... some health experts drink a gallon a day... if that isn't enough to counter the effect then nothing is lol.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Interesting stance on fruit. But, you may not be wrong. After all, Ray only eats roughly 400 carbs a day. This perhaps also explains the phenomenom of some people able to get all their carbs from fruit and none from starch. If you're only eating 400 carbs a day (to me, 400 is low, since I'm accustomed to up to 1000 or more a day, so I'm biased), then I could see that easily being done with just fruit and not feeling empty or hungry because it means fats and proteins (ie, solid/"sustenance" foods) make up a larger portion of the diet comparably, leaving the gut feeling less "empty" despite lack of st arch.

But yeah, starch is better for muscle glycogen, which typically is filled from glucose, not so much fructose. But I think sugar is still helpful immediately following a workout due to its near instantaneous delivery mechanism, with perhaps starch following it.

I do know what you mean about liquid with meat and starch. I find a coke is a lot more satisfying when its coupled with more solid food. Lately I have a coke with my potatoes in the evening and its such a good combo. Potatoes alone seem really drying, but the coke becomes super refreshing as a result.

Lol dude 4K calories of carbs a day is a craaazy amount of energy. Yea it’s almost at the point where a lot of the time I prefer soda to fruit.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I was following a Vegan youtube channel for a while. It's what got me playing with vegan style eating. Anyway, he makes a claim that meat is super dehydrating as one of the reasons not to eat animal products. I think he's right, but it sounds like this problem can be mitigated via sufficient water intake and this is perhaps indeed why the recommendation to have 8+ cups of water a day came to be in the first place (since most people eat meat). I can't remember what he said, but I think he went on to claim that even drinking tons of liquid can't overcome the dehydration effect. Meh, yeah, I dunno if I buy that. I do believe it dehydrates, but 8+ cup of water... or even more... some health experts drink a gallon a day... if that isn't enough to counter the effect then nothing is lol.

Well whenever I eat meat it definitely sits in my stomach. It’s annoying. The cola and then water help push it through. The cola is my “lifehack” to help digest the meat. With just water or even fruit I don’t think I’d have such an easy time extracting all the energy from it and getting the strength and well-being.

Cirion

Interesting yea I find that coke alone isn't very satisfying and just leaves me more empty than beforehand, but when coupled with solid foods, is very synergistic like you said. I try to avoid having cokes all by themselves now.

michael94

Well whenever I eat meat it definitely sits in my stomach. It’s annoying. The cola and then water help push it through. The cola is my “lifehack” to help digest the meat. With just water or even fruit I don’t think I’d have such an easy time extracting all the energy from it and getting the strength and well-being.

Phosphoric acid drain cleaning your liver? Part of the reason I’ve found that digestion is sluggish is because when liver releases bile etc. for digestion ( and stomach acid ramps up in turn ) the liver makes itself more vulnerable to existing toxins circulating the bloodstream ( from intestines or elsewhere ). Something you may find useful is anhydrous sodium sulfate ( Glauber’s salt ) as a mild supplement. Don’t use it as a laxative like others do... just let a small amount on the tongue and it will dissolve ( will be very WARM, bitter, and salty ). You can also sprinkle it on cooked vegetables in addition to regular table salt.

Last edited:

lampofred

Poor tolerance to coffee means a crappy liver generally more so that sufficient caloric intake IMO now. This has been reported many times. The cure is often reported as increased caffeine intake, but I think that's not a good idea from personal experience unless it is backed up by proper nutrition, and by proper nutrition its more than just adding milk and cream to the coffee, it probably means supplementing B vitamins/choline etc, plenty of protein also--The thing is that caffeine only speeds up stage 1 detoxification in the liver, and NOT stage 2 detoxification (I just learned this this week), so that if your raw materials for stage 2 detoxification are lacking, what you get is a backlog of half detoxed toxins just sitting around, which promotes the "post caffeine malaise" feeling that people get. Being able to go off caffeine and not feel bad, conversely, means stage 2 detoxification is going well. All that said, a dysfunctional liver will indeed not detoxify estrogen properly. So caffeine can speed up HALF of the process of fixing your liver, but if your other half isn't in prime condition, you could actually end up worse, because you've liberated a bunch of toxins via stage 1 detox but left them "in limbo" and clogged up in the stage 2 detox process. BTW stage 2 detox makes the toxins water soluble, so back to the idea of drinking lots of water, this is probably one way that drinking water can indeed be helpful in a "detox" regiment. And also why saunas can be helpful, or sweating in general, as stage 2 metabolic byproducts are carried via water.

Yeah in my experience general malaise was due to poor liver health/fatty liver caused by low calcium/magnesium/vitamin D/especially vitamin K, and agitation/aggression was caused by high aromatase/lactic acid. I'm sure it's different for everyone though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals