Rubbing Eyes

Experienced

does rubbing eyes have any side effects under Ray peat`s?

is it bad for the health
what could it cause
what do you think about it?

just anything you could tell me about it. I would appreciate it

Greetings Marauders.

Diokine

Oh yes, you're on to something there. I had a thought maybe a year ago, can I rub the tired out of my eyes? Turns out you can, with some other very interesting effects also. The area behind the eyes offers a very convenient type of feedback into the state of your nervous system, I have been writing an article on it that I hope to put out soon.

Slight pressure on the eyes can stimulate the optic and trigeminal nerves, these are well known practices in qi gong and tai chi.

Some other exercises - pull on your ear lobes, press on the crown of your head with good pressure, pinch the bridge of your nose lightly. Move your eyes to the limits of their travel and blink heavily. Notice how all these exercises change the tension in your eye movement.

OP
E

Experienced

Oh yes, you're on to something there. I had a thought maybe a year ago, can I rub the tired out of my eyes? Turns out you can, with some other very interesting effects also. The area behind the eyes offers a very convenient type of feedback into the state of your nervous system, I have been writing an article on it that I hope to put out soon.

Slight pressure on the eyes can stimulate the optic and trigeminal nerves, these are well known practices in qi gong and tai chi.

Some other exercises - pull on your ear lobes, press on the crown of your head with good pressure, pinch the bridge of your nose lightly. Move your eyes to the limits of their travel and blink heavily. Notice how all these exercises change the tension in your eye movement.
But is it something badly? Any side effects with rubbing my eyes?

HLP

Are you rubbing them because they are itchy. The skin around your eyes including the lids is very delicate and will stretch with too much pulling and pushing on it. Pinhole glasses and Bates method can help without the need to touch the eye area.

OP
E

Experienced

Are you rubbing them because they are itchy. The skin around your eyes including the lids is very delicate and will stretch with too much pulling and pushing on it. Pinhole glasses and Bates method can help without the need to touch the eye area.
Feels pleasurable to rub my eyes and sometime I just automatically rub my eyes

HLP

As you age, you may encounter droopy eyelids if you keep pushing and pulling on them.

GAF

Warm CLEAN soft washcloth yes. Bacteria infested fingers no.