RPF: A Call to Return to Decency, Dignity, Humility and Respect

Peatful

We now represent the person of Ray Peat.

Im referring to the general quote of his of his life extended through us.

People will hear about him in the many years to come- and many will visit here: our beloved Ray Peat Forum.

Charlie has some basic terms of service.
I screenshotted below.

Im not talking about the “incel” that shows up here. Or the bot. Or troll.

Im talking about you- about me- those who participate pretty frequently on the forum.

Emulate Ray.
Kindness. Patience. Service. Nurture. Humor. Restraint. Healing. Truth. Hope. And Love.

We love you Ray.
Miss you terribly.

Attachments

• 32ED1D8E-0CD3-45A7-8AAB-D285F618CB7D.png
    32ED1D8E-0CD3-45A7-8AAB-D285F618CB7D.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
  • D94C7197-31C7-45BE-848C-1DD45502FB45.png
    D94C7197-31C7-45BE-848C-1DD45502FB45.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 54

shanny

Forum Supporter
Emulate Ray.
Kindness. Patience. Service. Nurture. Humor. Restraint. Healing. Truth. Hope. And Love.
Please. We need to do better. This forum should set a higher standard, that's why we are all here. We have an awareness of living amongst the mainstream idiocy and we are forging a better path, the forum should reflect that. We should all be focused on carrying on this legacy, not quibbling about the details of why Ray should have lived longer.

SonOfEurope

Exactly,

Let's all honour the man by staying true to his legacy, an open-minded forum of serious discussion and moderation within reason. No trolling, no hijacking threads with nonsense and strife.

professor_sue

This would be great. I have stopped commenting in a lot of spaces, including this one, because of the snarky, vitriolic, ad hominem, trolling responses. Why throw pearls at swine, right? So I’ve kept my mouth shut. Perhaps this is a start of something new: humans being respectful, thoughtful. I’ll wait and see before jumping in again. Thank you for this post, OP. Appreciate it. Kindness, courtesy and respect are not too much to ask. I’m a GenXer and was raised with values and principles that differ from current generations, broadly speaking. Today, I see rampant narcissism (cluster B personality types?) and self-entitlement, and while I recognize that those traits are not present in each individual person, I have witnessed a pattern. It doesn’t bode well for society. I was raised with a sense of individuality but also having a sense of respect for others, treating others with dignity and respect. That is largely absent today, unfortunately. Anyway, I hope the forum can return to these values. They were more prolific in Ray’s generation, I think.
🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:

shanny

Forum Supporter
@professor_sue you should definitely continue to comment. I remember you well from your posts in the past, and have always enjoyed what you have to say. The forum needs people like you to continue to participate!

Birdie

Dave Clark

Nothing like an 'Anti-Peat' thread to pull this all together. I understand the 'open discussion' concept, but to me, it just seems disrespectful to have a thread like that, and to give it that title. What's worse, is that those threads are some of the largest on the forum. No wonder Peat said in interviews he never visits this forum.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Nothing like an 'Anti-Peat' thread to pull this all together. I understand the 'open discussion' concept, but to me, it just seems disrespectful to have a thread like that, and to give it that title. What's worse, is that those threads are some of the largest on the forum. No wonder Peat said in interviews he never visits this forum.
Appreciate this observation

Health, or lack there of
Makes folks navigate to those threads

I’ve said for years
It’s better to start with Peat’s newsletters, books, and teachings
Than entering the forum whilst ill

AlaskaJono

Appreciate this observation

Health, or lack there of
Makes folks navigate to those threads

I’ve said for years
It’s better to start with Peat’s newsletters, books, and teachings
Than entering the forum whilst ill
This was my journey of RP also. And I had no major health issues, but wanted to learn more. And still do. ;-) I am still meeting folks socially who are against sugar, amd they have metabolic issues, or tumours etc. . Argggg

I personally did not see the point of the Original thread “why RP did not live to be 140 years old” etc.... But many peeps seem to believe in their belief systems, Orthorexic much? Biochemistry is just one aspect of health. And peeps need to chill on their ‘attack’ of Ray’s situation, as he was living life to the fullest and in his creative zone, and professionally going against the “grain” of the medical mafia (Ling/Hillman...). Leading by example. Respect.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

This was my journey of RP also. And I had no major health issues, but wanted to learn more. And still do. ;-) I am still meeting folks socially who are against sugar, amd they have metabolic issues, or tumours etc. . Argggg

I personally did not see the point of the Original thread “why RP did not live to be 140 years old” etc.... But many peeps seem to believe in their belief systems, Orthorexic much? Biochemistry is just one aspect of health. And peeps need to chill on their ‘attack’ of Ray’s situation, as he was living life to the fullest and in his creative zone, and professionally going against the “grain” of the medical mafia (Ling/Hillman...). Leading by example. Respect.
Respect.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Exactly,

Let's all honour the man by staying true to his legacy, an open-minded forum of serious discussion and moderation within reason. No trolling, no hijacking threads with nonsense and strife.
Highlighting these in light of the recent changes on the forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom