Rp Says Protein In Potato? Really?

schultz

Ray is talking about the alpha keto acids in potatoes. These aren't listed in a nutritional database because they are not protein or amino acids but they have the ability to turn into amino acids. He has also mentioned that fruits could contain these alpha keto acids, but there doesn't seem to be much research on this subject.

Anyway, just like an amino acid can transaminate into a keto acid to be used for energy, the reverse can happen and keto acids can be used to make amino acids. This may happen more in certain situations depending on the health of a person and their current regime. This is how I understand it, though there are brighter people on these forum who may be able to explain it better than myself.

Listen to these clips as it's probably best to hear it from the man himself...

Attachments

• Potato + Keto Acids 2.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
  • Potato + Keto Acids.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 325
But you still get newspapers claiming a potato has the protein of a glass of milk and such.

DKayJoe

I seem to remember reading a Peat article where he mentioned that Nutritional Websites don't take into account the water content within foods that is lost after the cooking process. This gives a skewed view of the percentage of nutrients within a food.

Potatoes contain roughly 75% water therefore they would seem much more nutrient dense after cooking when all of it's water content is removed.

tara

Nutrion data:
Baked potato 100g protein 3g
Milk, producer 100g protein 3g
Similar protein proportions. As said above, keto acids in potatoes mean effectively higher available protein when combined with excess nitrogen in body.

I haven't seen anyone including Peat say milk and potatoes have the same carb:protein ratio.

Unless you fry your potatoes to crisps I don't think you remove most of the water.

DKayJoe

Ah, fair enough, it was just an educated (or uneducated) guess. Funnily enough I work in a crisp factory which is where I got the idea from. Our recipes are 75% water pre-frying.

Vinero

If a person has excess ammonia eating keto-acids from potatoes lowers ammonia?
In the 2nd clip Schulz posted Ray says keto acids absorb ammonia and change into amino acids.

Wagner83

If a person has excess ammonia eating keto-acids from potatoes lowers ammonia?
In the 2nd clip Schulz posted Ray says keto acids absorb ammonia and change into amino acids.
I don't know but they do have real whole proteins too. I think ceylan cinnamon was mentioned for lowering ammonia, also not consuming coffee (caffeine?) with a high protein meal.

Vinero

I don't know but they do have real whole proteins too. I think ceylan cinnamon was mentioned for lowering ammonia, also not consuming coffee (caffeine?) with a high protein meal.
I have noticed that caffeine is much more relaxing after eating a very high-carb low-protein meal.
I might be producing excess ammonia from high protein meals and then drinking coffee.

Wagner83

I have noticed that caffeine is much more relaxing after eating a very high-carb low-protein meal.
I might be producing excess ammonia from high protein meals and then drinking coffee.
I think haidut suggested to wait at least two hours.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals