RP Quote - B1 And Coffee

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Was there more context around this quote?
Did he just take a course in French, and he decided to do this weekend of cramming before the final?
Was he going in completely cold, without having any prior knowledge of the French language?
That's what I was thinking. +1 genius status RP, -1 planning and procrastination

dfspcc20

It would be really impressive if it was similar to Daniel Tammet learning Icelandic in a week.
But if he already had some background with French...

Don't get me wrong, still impressive. Mentally and physically, I also feel outstanding with Thiamine + Caffeine. I wish I had known about it when I was in college, even though I did well without it.

Lee Simeon

It would be really impressive if it was similar to Daniel Tammet learning Icelandic in a week.
But if he already had some background with French...

Don't get me wrong, still impressive. Mentally and physically, I also feel outstanding with Thiamine + Caffeine. I wish I had known about it when I was in college, even though I did well without it.
What benefits have you experienced with Thiamine? Do you feel more focused, energized etc?

dfspcc20

What benefits have you experienced with Thiamine? Do you feel more focused, energized etc?

Mentally clearer, sharper, more brain energy.
I've read that deficiencies in it are common when people cut out grains, cereals, and other foods that typically get fortified with it. I think I was deficient for a long time.

Makaveli

I was taking B-1 in the morning with coffee on most days of the week and when I think back to that time I remember being pretty focused at work and my memory was better than usual. I also had good results when adding a little thyroid to this combo.

BrianF

Why not? I used the link word method to memorise about 400 words in Spanish in a half arsed attempt over a weekend when i had neither B1 (which is an ingredient in some nootropics, i believe) and i still had to make time for my girlfriend.. And probably drank beer some of those nights.

If i had a weekend to myself, some noopept, lots of decent coffee and the required motivation then i could learn 2000 words easily and maybe even 3000. And im not that smart. Im no ******* genius i can assure you hombres!

Optimus

In one of the Herb doctor interviews.

Caller: ... So I just wanted to ask you about different ways of increasing intelligence and maximizing learning and I can take my answer offline.

Dr. Ray Peat:
The most intense effect you can get from the right combination of thyroid T3 and a big dose of vitamin B1 for the rest of your nutrition is good. I have told several people to try that over the years and no one has scored under 800 on the graduate record exam or the other standardized exams where that's considered as just part of perfect score. When they did it taking about 100 milligrams at the start, it lets you have access to just about everything you've ever known or thought.

That's just unbelievable. 800 is pretty much a perfect score.

raypeatclips

In one of the Herb doctor interviews.

Caller: ... So I just wanted to ask you about different ways of increasing intelligence and maximizing learning and I can take my answer offline.

Dr. Ray Peat:

That's just unbelievable. 800 is pretty much a perfect score.

If I recall correctly Peat also said that thyroid is very important, and that B1 can't do it all by itself. Don't overlook that aspect.

BrianF

Ok so what ratio of T3 and B1? Id love to have some more in the head locker... I really need it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals