RP Is Anti-authoritarian But I'm Starting To View RP As An Authority And Losing My Critical Thinking

MatheusPN

How can peats idea be „right“ when every body chemistry is different?
(...)
Context. "Authoritarians talk about protocols, but the only valid ‘protocol’ would be something like ‘perceive, think, act.'" -Ray Peat

Lejeboca

I don't think Ray has all the answers.
If so, everyone here would super healthy after applying the same principles.

Everyone has different initial conditions, for one.

I do also not agree with taking any medication on a daily basis if you are somewhat healthy

Food is a medication in itself and you are taking it daily :):

Energizer

I don't think Ray ever took tobacco seriously in terms of its possible (albeit counter intuitive) therapeutic effects. Seems like he just wrote it off prematurely or never cared to investigate it more deeply. I never took his views as a reason not to experiment with tobacco myself or investigate it. The main downside I found with it is the anti-smoking fanatics who will try to lecture you on "health" and throw you dirty looks if you do it in public, but if you buy sugar in bulk at the supermarket, you'll probably be used to the dirty looks anyway.

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

I don't think Ray ever took tobacco seriously in terms of its possible (albeit counter intuitive) therapeutic effects. Seems like he just wrote it off prematurely or never cared to investigate it more deeply. I never took his views as a reason not to experiment with tobacco myself or investigate it. The main downside I found with it is the anti-smoking fanatics who will try to lecture you on "health" and throw you dirty looks if you do it in public, but if you buy sugar in bulk at the supermarket, you'll probably be used to the dirty looks anyway.

He always speaks of nicotine positively but he takes the carbon monoxide and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons produced by burning tobacco pretty seriously

opethfeldt

Got a dirty look from some obese kid the other day. I could literally see the confusion in his eyes. "How does this guy remain lean eating sugar?".