RP Influenced Book On Fibro Treatments, Very Comprehensive

Zpol

Fibromyalgia Treatment Options by Polly Hattemer

"...A special acknowledgement is due Raymond Peat, PhD. More than anyone else, his books and newsletters have influenced the way I think about nutrition and hormones."

I found this book while researching Fibro. I liked that it had all the topics that relate to Fibro all in one clear and concise book. As I was reading, I thought much of it sounded familiar and there were viewpoints usually not discussed in most fibro research, then I noticed links to RP's research, and then happened to notice the author mentions Dr. Peat as her main influence in the acknowledgment! I haven't quite read through it all yet but so far it's been awesome.

brocktoon

I found this book while researching Fibro. I liked that it had all the topics that relate to Fibro all in one clear and concise book. As I was reading, I thought much of it sounded familiar and there were viewpoints usually not discussed in most fibro research, then I noticed links to RP's research, and then happened to notice the author mentions Dr. Peat as her main influence in the acknowledgment! I haven't quite read through it all yet but so far it's been awesome.
Good find -- thank you!

Ismail

"...A special acknowledgement is due Raymond Peat, PhD. More than anyone else, his books and newsletters have influenced the way I think about nutrition and hormones."

Awesome find! Thank you ?

Grapelander

good paper - Thank You.
Branch Chain Amino Acids
The branch chain amino acids are often depleted in those who have fibromyalgia. Supplementation has proven helpful for some people. These amino acids use the same transport system as tryptophan. When the presence of branch chain amino acids are increased, less tryptophan should enter the brain.
Taurine
Make sure you have enough taurine before experimenting with the branch chain amino acids
. This is because branch chain amino acids may cause the loss of taurine. (Branch chain amino acids are converted into alanine by the muscles; alanine inhibits taurine metabolism and causes the loss of taurine.) Correcting a taurine deficit would help prevent migraines by stabilizing the platelets against aggregation. At 400 mg per day, taurine reduced platelet aggregation by 30%, and at 1600 mg per day, taurine reduced platelet aggregation by 70%. Taurine may also be useful in the treatment of migraines because it may help calm the nervous system and reduce high blood pressure. Taurine is also needed to retain magnesium. Unfortunately, blood levels of taurine are not necessarily indicative of brain levels of taurine. Blood levels of taurine may be high even though the brain levels may be low. This can sometimes occur if zinc is low. If you decide to try taurine, it should probably be taken with a meal because it increases stomach acid secretion. Also, taurine may make some yeast and bacteria healthy, so perhaps it is best that a person first experiment with a small amount of taurine taken under the tongue.

Thalgo

It seems it is no longer available

David PS