RP Email Advice: Mental Stress As Primary Source Of Bad Health

encerent

When the present balance of stuff, toxicants, euphoriants, etc., is good, you can think and feel what you want to about things." —Ray Peat

When I'm well rested from plenty of sleep, and drinking coke next to someone I like, I think life is so bright and I'm still young enough (yet), and I feel very indifferent to all my sufferings in the past.

When I'm tired and alone, I feel scared, and think I never did ever do anything right in life and here I am now.

LUH 3417

Just wondering if RP ever mentioned anything regarding dealing with emotional stress? I know people on the forum have mentioned different techniques but it seems like his focus is on nutrition, nature, and culture.

DaveFoster

Just wondering if RP ever mentioned anything regarding dealing with emotional stress? I know people on the forum have mentioned different techniques but it seems like his focus is on nutrition, nature, and culture.
T3 + T4 and pregnenolone. Progesterone can help in emergency situations.

Dobbler

T3 + T4 and pregnenolone. Progesterone can help in emergency situations.
Im worried about the shutdown of thyroid with occasional and casual use of t3 or NDT. If im overly stressed or just want to experiment and take thyroid for say few days or few times and then stop cold turkey theres is no way to tell how long the shut down is or is there any at all... if thyroid is already fried and ****88 and u mess with casual use it can take weeks or months to recover, idk...

LUH 3417

Im worried about the shutdown of thyroid with occasional and casual use of t3 or NDT. If im overly stressed or just want to experiment and take thyroid for say few days or few times and then stop cold turkey theres is no way to tell how long the shut down is or is there any at all... if thyroid is already fried and ****88 and u mess with casual use it can take weeks or months to recover, idk...
I have the same concerns. Also progest-E made me very moody and needy.

DaveFoster

The evidence suggests no shutdown, and you could take small amounts of T3 to test.

Steve

Lifting heavy weights seems to have the best effect on my mental stress for some reason.
Feel way better as soon as I'm done & way better the next day.
Don't seem to get the same effect from cardio-based exercise such as cycling or hiking........(maybe once in a while if the cycling is somewhat short & intense like going uphill fast).

sladerunner69

For me being in a poor dysfunctional mental state is stressful insofar as it saps motivation for dieting properly and getting to bed on time...

dbh25

And once you are not sleeping properly, that sets off a cycle- appetite & digestion are off, you're tired and making poor decisions. You may find yourself out of the stress situation but it's like your body's response is still processing what happened even before you start healing.

Xisca

You may find yourself out of the stress situation but it's like your body's response is still processing what happened even before you start healing.
That sounds super true to me.... Stress activates fast, and relaxation is much slower!

About hormones messed up when taking some, I think we should consider helping adrenals much more.
Lifting heavy weights seems to have the best effect on my mental stress for some reason.
Feel way better as soon as I'm done & way better the next day.
Maybe more efficient at triggering cortisol?

For me being in a poor dysfunctional mental state is stressful insofar as it saps motivation for dieting properly and getting to bed on time...

This can also work the other way around--a poor diet for several days which causes a poor mental state--and the downward spiral entails.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals