RP Email Advice Comment: Fungal-Free Apple Juice

milk_lover

When I asked him about apple juice, he said, "Apple juice is very good nutritionally, apart from the risk of the fungal contaminant."

Anybody know how I can choose fungal-free apple juice?

raypeatclips

When I asked him about apple juice, he said, "Apple juice is very good nutritionally, apart from the risk of the fungal contaminant."

Anybody know how I can choose fungal-free apple juice?

I am sure there will be a way to test it. Otherwise, Mittir said that he judges apple juices by his reaction to it, if you don't feel great the day after, try a different juice. I remember years ago, before I discovered Peat, drinking some apple juices and my gut feeling bad, sort of churning, a heaviness, which looking back at it, was probably from poor quality apple juice.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

I am sure there will be a way to test it. Otherwise, Mittir said that he judges apple juices by his reaction to it, if you don't feel great the day after, try a different juice. I remember years ago, before I discovered Peat, drinking some apple juices and my gut feeling bad, sort of churning, a heaviness, which looking back at it, was probably from poor quality apple juice.
The problem is that I am taking cypro these days which could give you false testing to the apple juice brands as cypro is good for reducing digestion symptoms. I didn't feel pain or heaviness from the brand I bought yesterday. But I felt high in the head lol. I need to do more experiments on this. Clips, what kind of apple juice do you drink?

Makrosky

Wouldn't it be simpler to buy pasteurized one ? UHT or something like that.

raypeatclips

The problem is that I am taking cypro these days which could give you false testing to the apple juice brands as cypro is good for reducing digestion symptoms. I didn't feel pain or heaviness from the brand I bought yesterday. But I felt high in the head lol. I need to do more experiments on this. Clips, what kind of apple juice do you drink?

It has been a while since I drank it, so it will just be cheap, generic store brand apple juice, I'd imagine. The same generic, store brand orange juice I have no issues with. And yeah, cypro does make everything better!

Wouldn't it be simpler to buy pasteurized one ? UHT or something like that.

I'm not sure. Probably worth trying to find one. Juices don't seem to advertise they are pasteurised so it might need a few emails about, if you are determined to drink apple juice.

tara

Go for clear not cloudy AJ? (Unless you are making your own fresh and are OK with a bit of fibre etc).