RP Email Advice Comment: Consciousness Is Electronic / Dreaming

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thank you very much, this helps a lot clarify Peat's views. Given that the organism is pretty much confirmed as an electronic process, then the electric universe theory is simply the extension of that process to the all of space/time and as such probably just as valid. The part I find very interesting is that I think he is suggesting that dreams are "potential intentions". Dreams have always been and still are an enigma for psychology and neuroscience and I never found the prevailing theories about them being either artifacts or memory consolidation or "survival training" very convincing. Ray said before that the brain has a constant need to dream, which would mean that the brain has a constant need to manifest its intentions and try to realize that "potential for action" upon the world.

paymanz

Thank you very much, this helps a lot clarify Peat's views. Given that the organism is pretty much confirmed as an electronic process, then the electric universe theory is simply the extension of that process to the all of space/time and as such probably just as valid. The part I find very interesting is that I think he is suggesting that dreams are "potential intentions". Dreams have always been and still are an enigma for psychology and neuroscience and I never found the prevailing theories about them being either artifacts or memory consolidation or "survival training" very convincing. Ray said before that the brain has a constant need to dream, which would mean that the brain has a constant need to manifest its intentions and try to realize that "potential for action" upon the world.

haidut do you think serotonin is needed for dreaming?i mean brain serotonin obviously...?things like serotonin, dmt?what chemicals are responsible for dreaming in brain?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut do you think serotonin is needed for dreaming?i mean brain serotonin obviously...?things like serotonin, dmt?what chemicals are responsible for dreaming in brain?

I think melatonin has a role in dreaming. Serotonin is probably not needed for that process but it is the precursor to melatonin. People taking cyproheptadine do dream quite well but do NOT have nightmares, which is the reason cypro is used in people with PTSD. I would be interesting to see what happens if somebody takes a melatonin antagonist. Maybe they have ONLY nightmares due to the exclusive effect of serotonin?? It would be also interesting to see what happens if somebody takes both cypro and a melatonin antagonist. Maybe they don't dream at all??

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, do you know why vitamin B6 is causing intensive dreams? Mine get weird when I ingest P5P.

I think depending on the dose P5P stimulates the synthesis of BOTH dopamine and melatonin. In lower doses of say under 10mg daily it stimulates predominantly tyrosine hydroxylase but in higher doses it also stimulates the serotonin/melatonin pathway as well. Probably why Peat is not keen on high doses B6.

superhuman

Hmm dreams has been interesting to me as well. I never dream. I just fall asleep and wake up 8-10 hours later if its just a blink in time

Peata

I rarely dream, but since I upped my K2, I have been having intense dreams. They aren't necessarily bad dreams, just intense, and I'd prefer to just sleep in peace. Kinda reminds me of B6 type of dreaming.

Parsifal

Lucid Dreaming is really amazing, I wonder how it works, same for hypnagogias (really useful for painting I guess and artistic creativity, people like Tesla and a lot of great artists used it: Sam Woolfe: Hypnagogia: Half Awake, Half Asleep, I think that these "hallucinations" are really close to what we can get under LSD and psychedelics. When I meditated a lot I could hallucinate great symphonies of music when I was also playing a lot but never really controlled the stuff and the vividity but it is very interesting. I know that Dali used them and Ray is a fan of Dali).

I think that DMT more than melatonin might explain dreaming. I think that this molecule is related to biophotons and could explain why we can see inner images and light even in the absence of external light: Sam Woolfe: Hypnagogia: Half Awake, Half Asleep
Some people also say that DMT is responsible for out of body experiences, near death experiences and other weird stuff. Maybe when "mind" goes out from the body it travels through space as an electromagnetic or luminous plasma?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Lucid Dreaming is really amazing, I wonder how it works, same for hypnagogias (really useful for painting I guess and artistic creativity, people like Tesla and a lot of great artists used it: Sam Woolfe: Hypnagogia: Half Awake, Half Asleep, I think that these "hallucinations" are really close to what we can get under LSD and psychedelics. When I meditated a lot I could hallucinate great symphonies of music when I was also playing a lot but never really controlled the stuff and the vividity but it is very interesting. I know that Dali used them and Ray is a fan of Dali).

I think that DMT more than melatonin might explain dreaming. I think that this molecule is related to biophotons and could explain why we can see inner images and light even in the absence of external light: Sam Woolfe: Hypnagogia: Half Awake, Half Asleep
Some people also say that DMT is responsible for out of body experiences, near death experiences and other weird stuff. Maybe when "mind" goes out from the body it travels through space as an electromagnetic or luminous plasma?

If consciousness is electronic and is not inside the cell, then I'd venture a guess that it is probably a fundamental property of the Universe and our bodies are just a biological structure that channels its flow.

Parsifal

If consciousness is electronic and is not inside the cell, then I'd venture a guess that it is probably a fundamental property of the Universe and our bodies are just a biological structure that channels its flow.
Well, my guess is that it is inside the cells and inflenced by cells but it is also in the global field or "ether" so it might be able to go outside the body and survive after death? I think that Ray said this more or less somewhere?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well, my guess is that it is inside the cells and inflenced by cells but it is also in the global field or "ether" so it might be able to go outside the body and survive after death? I think that Ray said this more or less somewhere?

It was one of the questions sent to him but I don't think he answered it yet. If you have reference to him answering it please provide.

dfspcc20

I recall Rubert Sheldrake mentioning something similar in a podcast recently- the idea that the brain is the "receiver" of consciousness, rather than the "generator" thereof. I'll see if I can find which one.

Drareg

Great question and answer.

Don't forget water in all this, it seems when you follow certain behaviours you can influence the biology and hence perceptions, close to perfect perception within the human body must be what many religions and perennial traditions stem from.
This is possibly where their ethics and morals come in,doing the good work,meditation etc.

Trying to define what is good is another thing ,however,some behaviours that increase coherent perception must be relevant,coherent perception is doing the good work?

The mice that receive more licks/affection from parents are more resilient to stress,epigenetically it is changed by licks/affection.
Starting from birth it seems what is also known as love is a factor, as we know love is mentioned many times in religious texts, do onto others etc
With this in mind we can view current global culture for what it is and the effect on the organism.

What is interesting is that fasting can induce this state,nature has it in the system to make you use ketones fixing electric current and giving perfect perception for your current level of consciousness,it's allowing to get back to real life with potential and away from delusions/no coherent behaviour.

Like some who use LSD get profound insight whereas many get cliche ideas from it, it seems nature won't give you all its secrets at once,it's like there are different levels, you must work with these perceptions to move forward.
Like sailing a ship,you must climb to the top of the mast from time to time to check course or use the compass,it seems LSD is a compass of sorts.

It seems a coherent organism can access and release differing levels of the electric current,this could be the light spoken of by so many,what's interesting is what drives the electric current,is it magnetism of sorts?
Do We know individuals who have this light present on the surface? I'm sure we all have partial and differing amounts of it at any given moment, the environments seems to unlock it, people become more attractive with more of it?
It seems the most popular names these days are popular for a lack of it! Inverted.

Last edited:

Makrosky

I recall Rubert Sheldrake mentioning something similar in a podcast recently- the idea that the brain is the "receiver" of consciousness, rather than the "generator" thereof. I'll see if I can find which one.
That's not Ruppert's idea. It can be traced back, at least, to Henri Bergson. And I'm sure to previous philisophers as well. I also think like that. The brain is kind of a filter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals