RP Email Advice Comment: Wounds

jyb

Jenn said:
Regarding wounds:
Gelatin is fabulous for an open wound. Clean and apply directly. Wet, if needed. Acts like second skin or nail.

I assume powder & hydrolyzed? Does it work as a cover, or actually as a nutrient? I can't imagine how the latter would work, since it's not digested (ie broken down amino acids).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jenn

Jenn

regular gelatin works fine. Works as a cover and a nutrient. My son had a festering wound on his toe. (He kept re-stubbing it.) For months. He finally put gelatin on the wound, after soaking it in epsom salts. It sealed up completely in 2-3 days. I tried it again when he cracked a nail. That was mostly a seal as it does absorb through the nail, not as much flesh exposed.

fyo

CO2 for wounds too. Wrap a container around the wound, and CO2 will build up inside.

jyb

That's a lot of suggestions. Sugar, gelatin (open wound), coconut oil, vitamin E, progesterone (burns), aluminium wrap (burns), wrap for CO2...

4peatssake

Don't forget aloe vera too for wounds and burns!

OP
Jenn

Jenn

Aloe vera is very good too, the amino acid profile is very similar. Gelatin is more concentrated and doesn't have any fillers...unless you are using the actual plant. Some people are allergic to aloe vera (at least in cosmetics.)

Swandattur

Jenn, Right now I react with allergy symptoms to ingesting gelatin. Are you saying aloe is similar enough in amino acids to be used instead of gelatin to eat. I've got lots of aloe growing around my yard. It grows very well in Florida. I have used it for sunburn.

Swandattur

About the covering over wounds for CO2 build up, guess that is why those coverings for scar reduction might work, and wouldn't CO2 buildup be partly how the gelatin on wounds would work?