RP Email Advice Comment: Lidocaine For Bowel Complaints

EIRE24

They use lidocaine where i'm from to mix with cocaine. It gives the numb feeling to the gums, it makes it feel like the stuff is better than it is. Anyway, from my experience, whenever I have taken coke mixed with this stuff i've needed to go to the bathroom pronto and it cleared me out.

Texon

@haidut
I went looking for aspercream to try it for topical aspirin (to avoid ingestion). Lo and behold max strength aspercream is now nothing more than 4% lidocaine roll on with "the usual suspects" i.e. excipients. I saw somewhere there are other benefits to lidocaine (as with Dr. Aslan's procaine possibly?) beyond bowel effects? I went ahead and bought it anyway and I have to say, I wish I knew about it sooner, because it is helping very much with some trigger points and post workout soreness for sure. Any and all comments/leads to more info is highly appreciated.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
I went looking for aspercream to try it for topical aspirin (to avoid ingestion). Lo and behold max strength aspercream is now nothing more than 4% lidocaine roll on with "the usual suspects" i.e. excipients. I saw somewhere there are other benefits to lidocaine (as with Dr. Aslan's procaine possibly?) beyond bowel effects? I went ahead and bought it anyway and I have to say, I wish I knew about it sooner, because it is helping very much with some trigger points and post workout soreness for sure. Any and all comments/leads to more info is highly appreciated.

That's great to hear. As far as I know the *caines stabilize cellular membranes similar to DMSO and pregnenolone. Not sure what else they are doing but if you can find a cream without much excipients I think everybody here would like to hear about it. Also, you can search Ray's website for "lidocaine" and "procaine" and you will find more info. Google for "ray peat procaine" also shows a lot of info.

Texon

That's great to hear. As far as I know the *caines stabilize cellular membranes similar to DMSO and pregnenolone. Not sure what else they are doing but if you can find a cream without much excipients I think everybody here would like to hear about it. Also, you can search Ray's website for "lidocaine" and "procaine" and you will find more info. Google for "ray peat procaine" also shows a lot of info.
Thanks I'm definitely going to look into this in more detail.

Birdie

I never found a quality cheap lidocaine to try sadly. That powder website is pretty Spendy
I have a few cheap ones. Mostly from Amazon. A few are 20%, but one of these seems a lot stronger. It's by blistex and is called Kanka. I couldn't imagine swallowing it though. Just a drop on the gums scared me for the strength of it. I can imagine it paralyzingly the throat, preventing swallowing.

Another is called Lanacaine. Same percentage, but seems much milder. It barely achieves numbing. I use it topically for muscle pain or itchiness. Another is for teething but has a low percentage.

Birdie

Oh, just read Ray's advice again and see he mentioned the 2% . Sorry, I don't have any that are that low.

Dragon

I have a few cheap ones. Mostly from Amazon. A few are 20%, but one of these seems a lot stronger. It's by blistex and is called Kanka. I couldn't imagine swallowing it though. Just a drop on the gums scared me for the strength of it. I can imagine it paralyzingly the throat, preventing swallowing....

could just squirt it into an empty gelcap, then swallow that. :)

nullredvector

just swallowed a tsp of aspercreme a few minutes ago. felt something (something unpinching?) in my gut/abdomen thats been giving me problems for a while, overall relaxed, gerd feels better. ill report back in a couple days

managing

just swallowed a tsp of aspercreme a few minutes ago. felt something (something unpinching?) in my gut/abdomen thats been giving me problems for a while, overall relaxed, gerd feels better. ill report back in a couple days
Cool. Be sure to let us know!

managing

By the way, you don't need to swallow lidocaine for the effects you can use it topically Ray told me you just need more of it
How much more? Applied where? How would this be different than, say just "using aspercreme" once in awhile?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

I think it's important to consider, for inflammatory bowel conditions, that then the pill form may be more effective, concentrated in the gut

nad

I'm also not comf. to numb the throat, so did anybody use empty 00 cap?

Zpol

Thanks Haidut. I told my doctor I had cold sores from my "IBS". I guess people with chron's can frequently struggle with apthous ulcers so I went that route. Worked like a charm except now he thinks I have herpes, or "the herps" as I call it. The OTC preparations probably taste better.

Can you tell me how much you take and how long do wait to eat? I would think the numbing effect would make it hard to swallow.
Did your doctor tell you it was ok to swallow it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom