RP Email Advice Comment: Causes Of Chest Pain

paymanz

.... As common cause of chest pain as raypeatclips asked dr peat.but sometimes it can be sign of heart attack ,even when the pain is in lower part of chest and belly.

tara

For some reason I thought that the question was about sharp pains..
I used to get some very sharp pains in the abdomen that I eventually figured were primarily from trapped gas. Can distend and push in places it shouldn't.

tara

I didn't know that gas can get trapped without the person noticing it. No sarcasm..
I eventually figured it out when I had a camera sent down the gullet to look around. They blow the stomach up like a balloon so they can see properly. I was in agony afterwards, until it was explained to me that all that gas could be the cause of the pain, and then I could figure out how to relieve the issue. I was tensing up with the pain, which didn't allow things to relax enough, if you know what I mean. :)
And then I realised that the frequent pain I'd been experiencing up till then was similar. That was a long time ago. I was still getting the problem occasionally until I reduced my fibre intake a lot after reading Peat more recently. Sometimes a simple forward bend was enough to help. If not, the most reliable relief was a glass of warm water and lying down on the back and deliberately relaxing everything.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I eventually figured it out when I had a camera sent down the gullet to look around. They blow the stomach up like a balloon so they can see properly. I was in agony afterwards, until it was explained to me that all that gas could be the cause of the pain, and then I could figure out how to relieve the issue. I was tensing up with the pain, which didn't allow things to relax enough, if you know what I mean. :)
And then I realised that the frequent pain I'd been experiencing up till then was similar. That was a long time ago. I was still getting the problem occasionally until I reduced my fibre intake a lot after reading Peat more recently. Sometimes a simple forward bend was enough to help. If not, the most reliable relief was a glass of warm water and lying down on the back and deliberately relaxing everything.
I read some time ago that inflammation prevents that gases diffuse. Did they explain what was causing it in your case? Because some people can eat a lot of fiber and not be bothered by bloating.

tara

I read some time ago that inflammation prevents that gases diffuse. Did they explain what was causing it in your case? Because some people can eat a lot of fiber and not be bothered by bloating.
That would make sense that inflammation would make gas release harder from the restricted lumen.
At the time, they said my stomach looked very healthy. They didn't delve right down the intestine.. I think it may have at least in part just unaware physical tension holding in the products of bacterial fermentation. Happened more when I was cold. Once I got what the problem was, I was able to improve it a lot - at least for me. :)

Sam321

Why? Anything else besides endotoxin?
When you have SIBO you can upchuck stuff back into your stomach and upchuck stomach acid from your stomach into your throat where the entry to your lungs are. When your lungs get inflamed and all that, things get uncomfortable and sore.