RP 'diet' is so difficult, I just cant take it any more!

nwo2012

So here I was last night playing computer games (wife in town, kids asleep) with a large pile of organic candy in front of me. A 2 litre bottle of raw milk. A large pile of organic cheddar. Some cacao liquor (unsweetened baker's chocolate). A cup of coffee. A jar of syrup. A large jug of freshly squeezed (and de-pulped) OJ. And Im thinking what a great life this is!
Yes my title is sarcastic, this way of life is close to heaven! :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Brag brag!

I think I need a pound of sugar after todays event. Uggggh. Just checked my temps and they crashed.

But yeh, I was telling a friend that if someone told me a couple years ago I was going to get healthy by drinking OJ, milk, coca cola, cocoa and the such, I would have told them they were crazy. :lol: At this point no one around me will believe me cause I messed up a few times on my journey and gave out bad information which I freely admit to now. So I just keep my mouth shut.

OP
N

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Brag brag!

I think I need a pound of sugar after todays event. Uggggh. Just checked my temps and they crashed.

But yeh, I was telling a friend that if someone told me a couple years ago I was going to get healthy by drinking OJ, milk, coca cola, cocoa and the such, I would have told them they were crazy. :lol: At this point no one around me will believe me cause I messed up a few times on my journey and gave out bad information which I freely admit to now. So I just keep my mouth shut.

Hehe I regularly argue with people at work on the health benefits of sugar. But since Im the crazy conspiracy theorist in their eyes, they basically think I believe the opposite of everything that is true. lol I love it and knowing that in fact it is they that are wrong about pretty much everything.

kiran

nwo2012 said:
Hehe I regularly argue with people at work on the health benefits of sugar. But since Im the crazy conspiracy theorist in their eyes, they basically think I believe the opposite of everything that is true. lol I love it and knowing that in fact it is they that are wrong about pretty much everything.

It still amazes and puzzles me that people can get *everything* wrong and yet certain markers like average lifespan keep increasing, at least for some time after medical/nutritional science took a wrong turn.

OP
N

nwo2012

kiran said:
nwo2012 said:

It still amazes and puzzles me that people can get *everything* wrong and yet certain markers like average lifespan keep increasing, at least for some time after medical/nutritional science took a wrong turn.

Yes average lifespan, the word average is very important. People are not living longer. Infant mortality is lower mainly due to hand hygiene in hospitals (doctors used to go straight from handling corpses to delivering babies), better sanitation etc (not vaccines, that false).
No WWI or WWII to wipe out millions of young men. Safety, and breathing apparatus, in the mines and other industries that large numbers of people work in. Add in all the deaths from This means, with significantly less babies dying during birth or just thereafter and significantly less young men dying in wars or at work, the 'average' number rises. But I am 1000% sure that if things continue as they are, and without artificial enhancements, that 100 years from now the average life expectancy will be lower than it is today. I can assure you, with many years of first hand evidence of this, that people are not healthier or living longer these days except looking at average numbers. Cancer is affecting so many people of all ages, it has nothing to do with the supposed myth that we are living longer.

Birdie

Yep.

narouz

nwo2012 said:
So here I was last night playing computer games (wife in town, kids asleep) with a large pile of organic candy in front of me. A 2 litre bottle of raw milk. A large pile of organic cheddar. Some cacao liquor (unsweetened baker's chocolate). A cup of coffee. A jar of syrup. A large jug of freshly squeezed (and de-pulped) OJ. And Im thinking what a great life this is!
Yes my title is sarcastic, this way of life is close to heaven! :D

Just so you see that you can't escape my drama-queen bitchin', nwo2012:
If you laid that spread in front of 100 random Americans (say)...
yeah, for a few hours they'd have a great time chowing down
on all that sweet stuff.
And they'd probably enjoy warshing it down with some slugs of milk.
Might have a bite of the cheddar.
Probably semi-ignore the OJ.
And you damn sure wouldn't hear them askin' where the gelatin is.

...but after a few hours or a day,
they'd say: "See ya, man!
I've had enough of this crazy candy diet!
Where's the pizza?!
Where's the pasta?!
Where's the bread?!
Where's the roasted chicken with skin ON?!!
I'm headed out to the Pig-Pickin'!!!!
Bye!!!"
:P

gretchen

nwo2012 said:
kiran said:
nwo2012 said:
.........Cancer is affecting so many people of all ages, it has nothing to do with the supposed myth that we are living longer.

Yeah, cancer "awareness" started in the 70s when I was a kid and 30 something years later people really still don't have any idea what causes it. I noticed the last few years there was a rash of 60 something Boomer vegetarian cancer deaths (Maurice Gibb, Steve Jobs, Donna Summer, Patrick Swayze etc) Patrick smoked; Donna had lung damage from 9/11, but Maurice and Steve were in to full-on "health" regimens.

Suzanne Somers isn't a vegetarian but has had tons of cancer scares due to her use of hormones. Though she has written a lot of books on diet & health, she isn't thin or healthy, irregardless of her hormone and suppelement use.

A lot of people my age have gotten cancer, and not just breast cancer which the media tends to focus on. Sheryl Crowe got an actual brain tumor and Brooke Burkes has recently announced she has thryoid cancer.

I think the public is very confused and is likely to remain so. My parents generation said everything causes it. Who knows, maybe they were right.

Lianda

You all may be kidding with this Peat eating plan being so difficult, but for me it IS! I LOVE vegetables, salad... Yes, I've avoided gluten and grains/beans. But I can NOT drink that much milk - or OJ. If I DO drink anywhere NEAR that amount of liquid there is no room in my stomach for any solid foods!

It's BORING eating this way. And sure I like chocolate, but just like Groucho said, " I love my cigar, but I put it out once in a while!".

Seriously, do you actually drink all that milk and OJ AND eat?? Don't you get tired of milk, milk and milk? I've combined the two, but I KNOW I'm already getting tired of drinking it.

Life is ALSO about enjoying your taste-buds, and variety. It's STRESSFUL to be so focused on just eating things in the Peat Eating plan - and STRESS is probably the WORST thing for you - no matter what you eat!

I'm interested in hearing your reply...

J

j.

I hardly ever have milk alone. I have it with either coffee, or chocolate, or both. It's a lot easier to drink this way. When I get tired of milk, I have some OJ, or watermelon, wait a little bit, and then I feel like drinking milk again. The solids food I tend to have are eggs and meat. I don't mind cooked veggies.

narouz

Lianda said:
You all may be kidding with this Peat eating plan being so difficult, but for me it IS! I LOVE vegetables, salad... Yes, I've avoided gluten and grains/beans. But I can NOT drink that much milk - or OJ. If I DO drink anywhere NEAR that amount of liquid there is no room in my stomach for any solid foods!

It's BORING eating this way. And sure I like chocolate, but just like Groucho said, " I love my cigar, but I put it out once in a while!".

Seriously, do you actually drink all that milk and OJ AND eat?? Don't you get tired of milk, milk and milk? I've combined the two, but I KNOW I'm already getting tired of drinking it.

Life is ALSO about enjoying your taste-buds, and variety. It's STRESSFUL to be so focused on just eating things in the Peat Eating plan - and STRESS is probably the WORST thing for you - no matter what you eat!

I'm interested in hearing your reply...

Lianda-

I found it reduced my stress
when I stopped trying to pretend it is a wonderful, sensual diet.
Not that I ever really did,
but I tried to think of it as semi-normal.

Nope.
Not even semi-normal.

But I think I'm finding that appetite is mutable.
After eating this diet for a long time now,
it doesn't seem so hard.
Maybe the more obvious explanation is
that I'm simply habituated now.

It would be pretty to have a diet that is wonderfully satisfying and sensual
and at the same time healthy.
But...
I don't think that is a natural match.

Rolan

I actually don't see what's so abnormal about this 'diet'(dirty word, sorry sorry sorry), and no I don't find it boring. My past diet of starch, butter, meat, eggs etc WAS boring. I'd have to spice the ***t out of everything to get me through it. I got to the point where I actually went off eating at all - in this instance you know something is wrong.

Firstly, I LOVE drinking Milk. Cheese is also awesome and OJ is delicious. Potato, fruit, coconut oil. butter, liver, meat....what's not appetising? It's also extremely easy to get enough calories, whereas Paleo makes it a struggle without mass meat and fat and/or starch consumption.

I'd go further and say that a more 'sensual' way of eating, as Narouz put's it, is vastly overrated. I guess a good ole' burger and fries is satisfying, but most of what I can get at restaurants and social situations is just not really appealing enough to want on a daily, if not weekly/monthly basis. What I'm doing now is easy, and there is no stress involved with it I can assure you Lianda

Back
Top Bottom