RP Comment : LifeGivingStore Grass Feeding

Mr Joe

Question : Do you have any opinion on Grass fed capsules or all "Peaty" website selling this. They are saying that for exemple Brain beef capsules promote new nerons and many other benefits.

RP : I haven’t heard of those products; I thought people had stopped using anything containing beef brain or spinal cord because of the mad cow prion disease problem. Grass feeding doesn’t matter for desiccated thyroid because it’s throughly defatted.

Question : Should we also be careful with Grass Beef Liver Capsules ? Collagen Hydrolysate ?

RP : Defatted liver capsules provide iron, some trace minerals, and at least some of the B vitamins, but there have been studies of multivitamin-mineral tablets that found that including copper and iron in a formula destroyed most of the vitamins. If they are freeze-dried, with the oily vitamins still present, the fragments of oxidized vitamins A and K are likely to be harmful.

Any thoughts guys about that (@haidut, @LifeGivingStore ?)
Have a good day !

Serotoninja

Question : Do you have any opinion on Grass fed capsules or all "Peaty" website selling this. They are saying that for exemple Brain beef capsules promote new nerons and many other benefits.

RP : I haven’t heard of those products; I thought people had stopped using anything containing beef brain or spinal cord because of the mad cow prion disease problem. Grass feeding doesn’t matter for desiccated thyroid because it’s throughly defatted.

Question : Should we also be careful with Grass Beef Liver Capsules ? Collagen Hydrolysate ?

RP : Defatted liver capsules provide iron, some trace minerals, and at least some of the B vitamins, but there have been studies of multivitamin-mineral tablets that found that including copper and iron in a formula destroyed most of the vitamins. If they are freeze-dried, with the oily vitamins still present, the fragments of oxidized vitamins A and K are likely to be harmful.

Any thoughts guys about that (@haidut, @LifeGivingStore ?)
Have a good day !
LGS products are non-defatted IIRC but that would mean the fat solubles vitamins could be harmful? Do you know how the freeze-drying process oxidize vitamins? Thanks for sharing

Toxinless has a page discussing desiccated beef liver, so RP's comments may be of interest to @Dan Wich.

Last edited:

tallglass13

I think that you have Misrepresented LGS to Ray. I did not find one word of "Peaty" on their website. They did NOT mention Ray Peat in any of the New Zealand Organ Products. LGS can sell what ever they want, and some of their products like Niacinamide are presented with Ray peat Quotes, and of course Ray Peat inspired.

Kram

I think that you have Misrepresented LGS to Ray. I did not find one word of "Peaty" on their website. They did NOT mention Ray Peat in any of the New Zealand Organ Products. LGS can sell what ever they want, and some of their products like Niacinamide are presented with Ray peat Quotes, and of course Ray Peat inspired.
Whole Food Highly Nutritious Beef and Sheep Organs & Glands - LifeGivingStore.com

Also, I think people (myself included) are just interested in whether the freeze-dried products are safe and of equal nutrition compared to regular cooked organ meats.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

LGS products are non-defatted IIRC but that would mean the fat solubles vitamins could be harmful? Do you know how the freeze-drying process oxidize vitamins? Thanks for sharing

Ok i got it ! I don't know much about that so just asking ! Don't know either about freeze-drying process.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Nothing negative, i myself buy from LGS, just want to clarify and understand.

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Maljam

Did you read their about us section? They literally said they healed a family member using the work of Ray Peat and now sell the same products they used to heal. I don't think it is a negative thing to call a website or store "Peaty" by the way, I don't think the OP misrepresented anything, the owners of the store acknowledge the influence themselves.

Elize

I have LGS NDT thyroid powder. Would freeze dried organ products be high histamine and histamine liberating?

tallglass13

Did you read their about us section? They literally said they healed a family member using the work of Ray Peat and now sell the same products they used to heal. I don't think it is a negative thing to call a website or store "Peaty" by the way, I don't think the OP misrepresented anything, the owners of the store acknowledge the influence themselves.
Yes I'm agreeing with that, however the section of the organs doesn't mention Ray Peat all that's all I'm saying.
Whereas some of the other products or say most of the products do mention Ray, just not the organs.

tallglass13

Nothing negative, i myself buy from LGS, just want to clarify and understand.
That's cool man, but when you asked Ray you specifically said there's a website selling with his name products. Kind of sounded like you're putting LGS on blast to Ray. Whereas the organs section does not mention Ray, and all their other products do mention Ray of course because they are inspired. Anyways take care, their thyroid product is awesome

OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

That's cool man, but when you asked Ray you specifically said there's a website selling with his name products. Kind of sounded like you're putting LGS on blast to Ray. Whereas the organs section does not mention Ray, and all their other products do mention Ray of course because they are inspired. Anyways take care, their thyroid product is awesome

Ahaha sorry for the confusion, "Peaty" is something positive in my world.

Bart1

I did hear chris masterjohn saying the capsules (freeze dried) are safe. But Peat could very well be right

Peater Pan

Interested in their NDT. Any idea how it would compare to pharma, e.g., 1/4 tsp = 1 grain, etc.?

Dr. B

I did hear chris masterjohn saying the capsules (freeze dried) are safe. But Peat could very well be right
wouldnt cooking also oxidize those same vitamins and nutrients? i heard freeze drying oxidizes less compared to cooking?

Dr. B

could very well be, that seems logical...

i think someone posted on here, or it was one of rays discussions with danny roddy and haidut where he mentioned dried milk powder isnt ideal, but the oxidized nutrients arent a huge issue since cooking also oxidizes them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals