Royal Jelly - Pretty Flawless In My Opinion

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So I have been playing around with Royal Jelly for quite some time now.

Let's start off with it's promising long term safety/Testosterone boosting ability (Effect of royal jelly ingestion for six months on healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI).

-Increases energy production and thermogenesis (fat-burning) through the modification of an enzyme called - TRPA1 (Specific hydroxy fatty acids in royal jelly activate TRPA1. - PubMed - NCBI)

Secondly, it may have restorative properties on brain NT's (Long-term administration of Greek Royal Jelly improves spatial memory and influences the concentration of brain neurotransmitters in naturally aged... - PubMed - NCBI).

It can promote neuritogenesis (AMP N1-oxide, a unique compound of royal jelly, induces neurite outgrowth from PC12 cells via signaling by protein kinase A independent of that by mitogen-activated protein kinase).

Increases brain levels of dopamine and tyramine and promotes transition from normal to reproductive workers (Consumption of tyrosine in royal jelly increases brain levels of dopamine and tyramine and promotes transition from normal to reproductive workers ... - PubMed - NCBI).

Royal Jelly, can decrease significantly, the prolactin mRNA, we know prolactin is one of the hormones that prevents getting it up again after S** (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1271/bbb.80556).

Facilitates mRNA expression of GDNF (Oral administration of royal jelly facilitates mRNA expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and neurofilament H in the hippocampu... - PubMed - NCBI).

Promotes Astrogenesis (AMP N1-oxide potentiates astrogenesis by cultured neural stem/progenitor cells through STAT3 activation. - PubMed - NCBI).

Anabolic properties in rats ([Research on the anabolic properties of royal jelly; experiments in the rat]. - PubMed - NCBI).

Antifatigue effect (Antifatigue effect of fresh royal jelly in mice. - PubMed - NCBI).

Thoughts?

Hazarlar

Interesting science ... I have wondered about lack of attention to bee pollen, bee bread, propolis and royal jelly in this community.

In recent years i have used chinese product named RENSHENFENGWANGJIANG, which is combination of ginseng and royal jelly. Gets you out of lack of energy state quite fast.

In my twenties I used a lot of local bee pollen; or bee bread, which I like more. Traditional recipe recommends to use them immediately after waking up or before going to sleep and without water.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Constatine

I used to love royal jelly but after my stomach issues (which are mostly resolved now) I got excitotoxicity symptoms from it and just generally felt very off.

DaveFoster

Care to share a single research study that shows how sucrose is neuroprotective, increases Testosterone, activates TRPA1, and decrease prolactin....
I've posted the same study many times that shows a higher carb intake raises testosterone.

Here's a different compilation:

How Your Diet Affects Testosterone & Other Body Comp Hormones | Poliquin Article

Testosterone raises dopamine, which has neuroprotective effects and decreases prolactin. I can't immediately find anything about TRPA1.

In recent years i have used chinese product named RENSHENFENGWANGJIANG, which is combination of ginseng and royal jelly.

How does that compare to AJFJIDJSKAKAHAALSKOEKENFING?
It's the same ingredients but I heard one has less additives

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

DaveFoster

Testosterone raises dopamine or dopamine raises Testosterone? I always find this interesting.
Good question. Either way.

Bromocriptine (a dopamine agonist) can correct hyperprolactinemia and raise testosterone.

Testosterone-replacement therapy can improve symptoms of depression and enhance libido, focus, attention and motivation: behaviors correlated with dopaminergic substances.

There's also evidence that dopamine agonists only have a positive effect on libido in the presence of testosterone:

Dopamine-stimulated sexual behavior is testosterone dependent in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

So, they're separate obviously, and testosterone's necessary, but not sufficient for behaviors we associate with masculinity and "male-ness." So, it makes sense to correct underlying hormonal deficiencies when utilizing dopaminergic substances, but such substances often have overlapping positive effects (both in the brain, where they mimic, enhance or prevent the reuptake of dopamine), and in the sex organs, where they can signal to produce greater amounts of testosterone and DHT.

How does that compare to AJFJIDJSKAKAHAALSKOEKENFING?
It's the same ingredients but I heard one has less additives
Hilarious.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Good question. Either way.

Bromocriptine (a dopamine agonist) can correct hyperprolactinemia and raise testosterone.

Testosterone-replacement therapy can improve symptoms of depression and enhance libido, focus, attention and motivation: behaviors correlated with dopaminergic substances.

There's also evidence that dopamine agonists only have a positive effect on libido in the presence of testosterone:

Dopamine-stimulated sexual behavior is testosterone dependent in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

So, they're separate obviously, and testosterone's necessary, but not sufficient for behaviors we associate with masculinity and "male-ness." So, it makes sense to correct underlying hormonal deficiencies when utilizing dopaminergic substances, but such substances often have overlapping positive effects (both in the brain, where they mimic, enhance or prevent the reuptake of dopamine), and in the sex organs, where they can signal to produce greater amounts of testosterone and DHT.

Hilarious.

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the insight.

DaveFoster

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the insight.
No problem. It is an interesting question. Maybe hormones themselves can be thought of as "dopaminergic drugs" with dopamine mediating the effect, and also with the hormones having positive cellular effects of their own, of course. So in that paradigm, the use of pharmaceuticals could be comparable to the use of hormones in a clinical setting.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
So I have been playing around with Royal Jelly for quite some time now.

Let's start off with it's promising long term safety/Testosterone boosting ability (Effect of royal jelly ingestion for six months on healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI).

-Increases energy production and thermogenesis (fat-burning) through the modification of an enzyme called - TRPA1 (Specific hydroxy fatty acids in royal jelly activate TRPA1. - PubMed - NCBI)

Secondly, it may have restorative properties on brain NT's (Long-term administration of Greek Royal Jelly improves spatial memory and influences the concentration of brain neurotransmitters in naturally aged... - PubMed - NCBI).

It can promote neuritogenesis (AMP N1-oxide, a unique compound of royal jelly, induces neurite outgrowth from PC12 cells via signaling by protein kinase A independent of that by mitogen-activated protein kinase).

Increases brain levels of dopamine and tyramine and promotes transition from normal to reproductive workers (Consumption of tyrosine in royal jelly increases brain levels of dopamine and tyramine and promotes transition from normal to reproductive workers ... - PubMed - NCBI).

Royal Jelly, can decrease significantly, the prolactin mRNA, we know prolactin is one of the hormones that prevents getting it up again after S** (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1271/bbb.80556).

Facilitates mRNA expression of GDNF (Oral administration of royal jelly facilitates mRNA expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and neurofilament H in the hippocampu... - PubMed - NCBI).

Promotes Astrogenesis (AMP N1-oxide potentiates astrogenesis by cultured neural stem/progenitor cells through STAT3 activation. - PubMed - NCBI).

Anabolic properties in rats ([Research on the anabolic properties of royal jelly; experiments in the rat]. - PubMed - NCBI).

Antifatigue effect (Antifatigue effect of fresh royal jelly in mice. - PubMed - NCBI).

Thoughts?

I like mixing freeze dried Royal Jelly with MSM.

Constatine

What resolved your stomach issues?
Colostrum, better lifestyle (more sun exposure, sleeping early, more calories, more active), more protein, and avoiding pills (due to fillers). Plenty of liver also helps greatly.

Amazoniac

Is a low concentration of Linoleic Acid related to the extended longevity of the Queen honeybee?
Abstract said:
Lifespan has been a topic of scientific interest for about a century and, in this regard, hundreds of theories have been expressed, calling into question numerous causes of aging, but none of which appears to be decisive. Different species can have hugely different species-specific life spans, but several eusocial species, e.g. honey bees, show very large differences in infra-specific longevity, that is, of individuals. One of the most widely accepted theory remains that of free radicals formulated by Dennis Harmann in 1956 in the historical work "Aging: A Theory based on Free Radical and Radiation Chemistry" (1) and in the following works, where the hypothesis foresees the existence of a strong metabolic activity in the production of free radicals, both on poly-unsaturated fatty acids and on proteins with accumulation of oxidized products and damage at mitochondrial level. The effects of peroxidative damage seem to emerge as one of the factors most influencing lifespan. None of the works related to this longstanding problem, however, takes into consideration Linoleic Acid (C18: 2 n-6) as a central element among membrane fatty acids in the involvement of its peroxidation in relation to lifespan. In the examination of the main metabolic responsibilities of Linoleic Acid, attention is focused on the particular role that it, an essential fatty acid, could have as a determining element in the lifespan of worker honeybees with respect to the queen honeybee. Highlights. >Linoleic Acid is an essential fatty acid for mammalian life. >Linoleic Acid occupies a central position in the vital dynamics of animal and human organisms. >Linoleic Acid has the maximum "bulk" in the space within cellular membranes when compared to all the other polyunsaturated fatty acids. >High concentrations of Linoleic Acid can increase the risks of oxidation of Linoleic Acid itself by increasing the peroxidation index, more linked to Linoleic Acid rather than to other polyunsaturated fatty acids.

- Organic Bee Pollen: Botanical Origin, Nutritional Value, Bioactive Compounds, Antioxidant Activity and Microbiological Quality

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals