RoundUp (Glyphosate) Finally Proven Toxic - It Depletes Glycine

Ell

I was quoting this review but stopped because it was becoming excessive since there are many good points. Recommended!
Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases III: Manganese, neurological diseases, and associated pathologies
@ChrisWhewell @NickC

One does not need clinical experience or a PhD to realize that anything which interferes with plant physiology the way glyphosate does. cannot be good to ingest on a chronic basis. I look at the epa max. permitted glyphosate residues on foods, and that gives me an idea of what to avoid most, for example, oats I believe are "permitted" to have 6 ppm, so, commercial oats are off my dietary list. Same for any conventional wheat products such as bread, crackers, pasta, etc. Not eating at all is far healthier than eating tainted food. One thing I've done is to ensure I ingest a hefty amount of normal glycine, the chicken and beef broths I make take 3 days to make but I make alot of them and freeze for future use so its an easy routine. Wheat isn't all that great, its relatively new on the dietary scene. I much prefer rye and millet, the latter for its nitriloside content as a bonus

NickC

I have also seen correlations in data indicating that Alzheimers is caused by Glyphosate. Unfortunately finding the time to finish that paper is probably still a couple of years away.

Amazoniac

One does not need clinical experience or a PhD to realize that anything which interferes with plant physiology the way glyphosate does. cannot be good to ingest on a chronic basis. I look at the epa max. permitted glyphosate residues on foods, and that gives me an idea of what to avoid most, for example, oats I believe are "permitted" to have 6 ppm, so, commercial oats are off my dietary list. Same for any conventional wheat products such as bread, crackers, pasta, etc. Not eating at all is far healthier than eating tainted food. One thing I've done is to ensure I ingest a hefty amount of normal glycine, the chicken and beef broths I make take 3 days to make but I make alot of them and freeze for future use so its an easy routine. Wheat isn't all that great, its relatively new on the dietary scene. I much prefer rye and millet, the latter for its nitriloside content as a bonus
But there are only 12 foods to worry about pesticides contamination.

D

danishispsychic

If you google Rope Worm and Roundup it started to get super interesting-

NickC

But almost all non-organic vegetables contain Glyphosate. This can be seen from the publically available pesticide usage surveys.

Dave Clark

I think the 12 foods represents the worst, not that the others do not have glyphosate.

Zpol

I posted links to these studies on a FB Celiac Support and Awareness group I'm a member of; my post got deleted within 15mins. The moderator claimed I was trying to influence people to not eat foods treated with Round-up and that there is no evidence linking it to Celiac (despite the evidence in the peer reviewed studies which apparently she didn't read).

Why wouldn't people want to know!? Sadly, I don't think she was a Monsonto representative or anything. I think she's a mom who doesn't think she can afford organic food and doesn't want to think all non-organic foods she's been giving to her kids has been contributing to this horrendous autoimmune disease.

I should be sleeping right now but I'm so sad for all the people in her position.

NickC

Why wouldn't people want to know!? Sadly, I don't think she was a Monsonto representative or anything. I think she's a mom who doesn't think she can afford organic food and doesn't want to think all non-organic foods she's been giving to her kids has been contributing to this horrendous autoimmune disease.
Perhaps she would like to download and process the data from the various Pesticide usage surveys that are all publically available, thats what I have done and what I discovered was frightening. Thats how the above paper on Gout came about.

Zpol

@NickC , thank you for posting the Pesticides in Produce document here. It's a great resource.
I can't , at this time, have a rational conversation with this woman, she is reacting emotionally, I think because of some cognitive dissonance or guilt. I would like to tell her that I fully understand how awful it feels to have documented proof that toxic glyphosate is on the foods we've bee innocently eating and feeding to our families, but that with knowledge and education there's hope, and all this a good thing! And with the pesticides in Produce document we can make better choices when buy food.

Davinci

Now, it looks like a mechanism of action for glyphosate has also been found - i.e. it acts like a fake glycine mimetic and blocks cellular uptake of glycine. The result is intracellular depletion of glycine and as a result all hell breaks looose includin cancer, diabetes, autism, Alzheimer, colitis, etc.

Is there any way to test intracellular levels of glycine?

NickC

... because of some cognitive dissonance or guilt.
Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing, I find it unbelievable the number of supposedly intelligent people suffering from this.

Zpol

Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing, I find it unbelievable the number of supposedly intelligent people suffering from this.

It is a most curious psychological phenomenon. Intelligence and critical thinking are of great value but so many other elements come into play as well. There should be a class called 'How to spot your own cognitive dissonance' in schools. LOL! I kid, but I'm half serious.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals