Role of fats in Androgenic Steroid Production

jaywills

Hi all,

After reading Peats articles and surfing the forums, i am very confused regarding the role of Fats, specifically Saturated, in the context of promoting Androgenic Steroid production i.e Testosterone.

Frequently on these forums I have seen the reccomendation to reduce Fat intake if the goal is to lean out. This is a goal of mine however I have been diagnosed with low testoserone and thus restoring this vital hormone is my first and foremost priority.

I have been limting my fat intake to around 30g of Saturated fat per day (eggs, coconut oil, grana pedano cheese- all rotated), yet am not sure if this is detrimental to my goal of increasing my steriod hormone snythesis.

I am eating around 3000kcal daily so that equates to 10percent of daily cals. Eating around 120g protein, (higher than reccomended as in am active and aim to build muscle), and the rest of my intake is carbs.

Is my fat intake too low? Should i drop carbs/protein and increase fats?

I ask as i have been told on numerous occasions Fats are essential to hormone production (outside of Peat - mainly in bodybuilding circles - hence my confusion) yet with Peats philopshy in the 'no essential fatty acid' camp i am rather perplexed on where to go from here

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

dukez07

Isn't the Peat approach all about maximizing metabolic output? So, fat is no where near as efficient as carbohydrates at raising metabolism, therefore it's in our interests to minimize fat and increase carbs?

Also, raising cholesterol is key to steroid production? This is done most efficiently by increasing fructose intake. I remember listening to an interview where he said that drinking 2 quarts of OJ was far better at raising cholesterol than eating eggs.

So in terms of raising androgenic steroid production, it sounds like it's a long term process (if what I have wrote is correct). This is just how I understand it, anyway. Raising metabolic rate, increasing youth steroid hormones, etc. Not something that is happening for many of us overnight. I've seen slight improvements over the last 7 months.

J

j.

I think Thorne K2, or I guess another product, might be the most effective and safest way to increase testosterone, plus it might benefit you in other ways as people are typically low on this vitamin.

Other things that increase testosterone are vitamins D and A. DHEA too, but I would use pregnenolone, and have K2 as my most direct method of stimulating testosterone. Vitamin E is pro-progesterone, but it's good for overall good health. If you take vitamin E, you might have to further increase vitamin K to not feel a drop in testosterone.

Regarding steroid production, pregnenolone is among the best -if not the best- and at the same time safest supplements to stimulate it.

mamaherrera

But for someone like me that has HIGH cholesterol, do I want to be eating sugar and raising my cholesterol and triglyerides???? My problem is my cholesterol that is very high is not converting into what it should be, so if I keep eating sugar and adding to the big batch of cholesterol that is just sitting there plugging up my arteries and triglyceries, isn't that not what I want right now? ANd I as a woman, want all these nutrients (K, mag, A, etc.) but I don't want all the extra testosterone. This diet sounds more like it's just for males??

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
ANd I as a woman, want all these nutrients (K, mag, A, etc.) but I don't want all the extra testosterone. This diet sounds more like it's just for males??

Vitamins are for everyone.

Vitamin E and daylight will increase progesterone.

The nutrients wouldn't be overriding your steroid level controls, they would just let them express their potential. If anything low blood sugar will make a woman grow whiskers, by abusing the pituitary system. As for the cholesterol, it might get worse before it gets better like all things, but a little cynoplus should avoid that.

OP
J

jaywills

Thank you for the replies guys and girls, this does help clarify my query.

Thinking about it Duke, i can confirm that in my own experience thus far adopting the Peatish 'fructose' approach has raised my testosterone from extremely low levels. Im due for bloods soon so i can confirm that this is the case, but i have gone from no libido/low test - dagnosed secondary hypogonadism (when eating high fat (to be fair mainly PUFA) with lowish carb ( coming fromstarch) ---> more muscular an horny b*****d - thus higher test all with a lower fat higher fructose (against the mainstream reccomendations) in the space of about 8 months.

J, the Vitamin K2 i can also relate to. I have only recently been supplementing this vitamin but since i have been taking i have noticed a marked improvement. Vitamin D is covered twofold (sunlight, red light therapy) and also through a supplement and Vitamin A is covered in around 500g lambs liver per week. Pregnenolone is also part of my vitamin regimen. I have been taking several vitamin E mixed troph tabs a day, so it is interesting when you say this may require higher doses of the other vitamins (i will experiment this from here onward).

Mamaherra, despite you being female, i can relate to you. I havent had my Cholesterol level checked in about 8 months (pre-peat and at the height of my low test, hypothyroid symptoms) but i was told i had abnormally high levels at that time. I honestly believe my cholesterol levels will be in a more healthy range now that i am providing my body with enough nutrients/energy to convert that Cholesterol into the steroid hormones.I think that when the bodies system restores harmony (by giving yourself enough energy, rest, nutrients) the positive feedback loop will mean that your current high cholesterol level can come down, as conversion into the steroids is more easily taking place. Also as a side-note, cholesterol is widely misunderstood according to Peat - I may be wrong here, but the impression i have got from surfing these forums and from reading Peat is that you are in a more advantageous position having High Cholesterol than low cholesterol. By fixing the thyroid dysfunction, your cholesterol levels should fall in range - and it is here that Such Saturations advice -Cynoplus, might be a potential avenue for you.

Wow that's quite some bit of liver :mrgreen: remember that vitamin D occurs under blue light, not red.

OP
J

jaywills

I am one of the lucky ones who loves it! - i really do believe my cravings for it lie in the Vitamin A.
Very interesting on the blue light and vitamin d, was completely unawhere of this. In this context, and just speculating here, would 'sunbeds' be a good way to increase vitamin d? I really do loathe the things and everything that goes with them... but for a healing aid, and for vitamin D, would a sunbed every once in a while be a good idea? Or are the frequencies of light they emit just plain s**t for your body?

Having red light with your blue light is what makes the sun a safe source of vitamin D, and not many bed makers care about the red light. I wouldn't worry about it, half an hour of full sun will give you all the vitamin you can want (and can get) for one day.

J

j.

jaywills said:
I have been taking several vitamin E mixed troph tabs a day, so it is interesting when you say this may require higher doses of the other vitamins (i will experiment this from here onward).

Vitamin E I think increases vitamin K requirements, I don't know about A and D.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Having red light with your blue light is what makes the sun a safe source of vitamin D, and not many bed makers care about the red light.

Reptile lightbulbs tend to have red.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Wow that's quite some bit of liver :mrgreen: remember that vitamin D occurs under blue light, not red.

Blue light doesn't generate vitamin D, invisible UVB waves generate vitamin D.

j. said:
Such_Saturation said:
Having red light with your blue light is what makes the sun a safe source of vitamin D, and not many bed makers care about the red light.

Reptile lightbulbs tend to have red.

Then how do pet reptiles make their vitamin D?

Brandin

But for someone like me that has HIGH cholesterol, do I want to be eating sugar and raising my cholesterol and triglyerides???? My problem is my cholesterol that is very high is not converting into what it should be, so if I keep eating sugar and adding to the big batch of cholesterol that is just sitting there plugging up my arteries and triglyceries, isn't that not what I want right now? ANd I as a woman, want all these nutrients (K, mag, A, etc.) but I don't want all the extra testosterone. This diet sounds more like it's just for males??
females are supposed to have testosterone. Stop being scared of being less attractive to males. You are all filled with supraphysiological levels of estrogen. Sure it makes men attracted to you but it also makes you an autistic, foggy, ilogical, stupid, incapable, sociopathyc, psycotic, tumour promoting, cancer promoting, death promoting hmuan. On top of that being obsessed with hiding these facts in societys view because your valuing+empathy/emotional system shifts toward status based (away from empathy based).