Role Of Dietary Histidine In The Prevention Of Obesity And Metabolic Syndrome

GAF

Histidine supplementation ameliorates metabolic syndrome
A recent Chinese supplementation study, in which obese middle-aged women diagnosed with metabolic syndrome received 12 weeks of supplemental histidine (2 g, twice daily) or matching placebo, achieved remarkable findings.1 Insulin sensitivity improved significantly in the histidine-supplemented subjects, and this may have been partially attributable to loss of body fat. Body mass index (BMI), waist circumference and body fat declined in the histidine-supplemented group relative to the placebo group; the average fat loss in the histidine group was a robust 2.71 kg. Markers of systemic inflammation such as serum tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-6, non-esterified fatty acids and oxidative stress also decreased in the histidine group. Subsequently, precisely parallel findings were reported in female rats rendered obese with a high-fat diet.2

hmmm. 2 grams twice a day.

I think I will bump my and gf intake and see what happens. I have just been doing 500mg every few days.

Definitely increases sensitivity down there. It hasn't helped or hurt morning mucus issue.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Nair et al. [115] reported that histidine displays a strong binding affinity to hydroxyl radicals [90]. Nair et al. [116] reported that histidine displays a strong binding affinity to
Fe 3+ ions, thereby reducing the amount of ROS generated via the Fenton reaction, and protecting
Fe ions, thereby reducing the amount of ROS generated via the Fenton reaction, and protecting cells cells from damage due to iron overload

managing

I took it awhile back for a short period of time. I took it apart from food. I felt good (lower inflammation, better concentration). But I found that I was experiencing extreme cold. Dr. P suggested that taking isolated aminos may displace other amino acids and thusly interfere with heat production.

Those studies don't really specify when/how the subjects were taking if iirc. Perhaps taking with food would still have the desired effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals