Roid Rage

DaveFoster

Recently, I've upped my calorie intake to around 9000 per day; I'm trying to compensate for the absence of fat in my diet due to a period of PUFA depletion.

I'm eating around 150 g protein and about 2,000 g of sugar in various forms (fruit, refined, etc.).

I'm so angry all the time. I don't feel compulsive; very reserved and calm, but extremely assertive and libido has gone way up. I've put on about 5 pounds in about a week; everything is just swelling up probably due to muscle glycogen and fat is coming off pretty quickly.

One thing that concerns me is blood pressure. It's usually fine, but if something doesn't go well (aka Excel files,) then I just need to get up and take a walk. Any thoughts?

TheHound

my thoughts are what exactly is your daily diet to reach 9000 calories? you must be eating every moment of the day

superhuman

everything is just swelling up probably due to muscle glycogen and fat is coming off pretty quickly.

How do you know its not fat gain? if it is fat gain, that can be the root of the problem in terms of the rage. Since it will interfer with insulin and also increase estrogen.

9000 kcals a day, jezus crist man. Much respect, i love that there are people out there like you that really test this theory to the max to see the results in terms of fat gain, loss etc etc.

Ulla

Did you take any blood sample for comparison aka before/after?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@superhuman I'm seeing protruding veins in my forearms. I've never had protruding veins in my forearms.

@Ulla I did not... I should have. Subjective well-being is up. I feel somewhat superhuman; it's odd.

@sladerunner69 I'm really considering it. Thanks for the support.

Another weird thing: all my muscles are sore, but they're getting larger. It's like the anabolic activity post-workout has increased substantially.

upload_2016-2-22_2-36-42.png

This is what's happening.

I'm increasing my intake to 10k; I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

superhuman

@superhuman I'm seeing protruding veins in my forearms. I've never had protruding veins in my forearms.

First off, i love what you are doing and i would like to do it myself but im to afraid of fat gain as i want to get ripped.

How long have you been doing this high calorie intake? what was your starting weight? and whats your stats in terms of height, bodyfat etc?

How does a day look like in terms of total grams of fat? and in terms of food

What supplements are you using?

Drareg

What kind of environment/job are you in?
If you feel calm and assertive yet angry at times? Maybe the anger is justified and reasonable depending on the environment, I'm not saying act on it though.
Assertiveness these days can automatically be called anger by an employer who does not like getting called out,probably better to hide it,intelligence and assertiveness not allowed toward superiors should be at the end of most jobs these days.

Amazing to hear that effect form calories alone, goes to show how food should be a massive part of human life,eating every 45 mins is tough thing to maintain even for a bodybuilder.

Tarmander

Recently, I've upped my calorie intake to around 9000 per day; I'm trying to compensate for the absence of fat in my diet due to a period of PUFA depletion.

I'm eating around 150 g protein and about 2,000 g of sugar in various forms (fruit, refined, etc.).

I'm so angry all the time. I don't feel compulsive; very reserved and calm, but extremely assertive and libido has gone way up. I've put on about 5 pounds in about a week; everything is just swelling up probably due to muscle glycogen and fat is coming off pretty quickly.

One thing that concerns me is blood pressure. It's usually fine, but if something doesn't go well (aka Excel files,) then I just need to get up and take a walk. Any thoughts?

I always associate anger with liver health and estrogen. I know in Chinese medicine anger is associated with the Liver Meridian. Could mean you are putting too much stress on your liver...or it is being cleaned out? It can be tough to know which is which, but if I would say if it keeps going on, week after week, you should change something around. I know when I first started drinking coffee I felt anger and frustration. Not so much now, but at first yes.

tara

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

First off, i love what you are doing and i would like to do it myself but im to afraid of fat gain as i want to get ripped.

How long have you been doing this high calorie intake? what was your starting weight? and whats your stats in terms of height, bodyfat etc?

How does a day look like in terms of total grams of fat? and in terms of food

What supplements are you using?
@tara
I supplement B-vitamins; dosage varies daily. Cal, mag, copper, and zinc. Fat is below 10 grams per day. Caffeine is 600 mg per day.

See what I wrote here: Always Hungry. | Ray Peat Forum , it may be applicable to your situation.
It feels as if I accelerate my metabolism, and if I don't support it then I feel irritable. If I eat adequate calories every time I'm not satisfied, then I feel great.

What kind of environment/job are you in?
If you feel calm and assertive yet angry at times? Maybe the anger is justified and reasonable depending on the environment, I'm not saying act on it though.
Assertiveness these days can automatically be called anger by an employer who does not like getting called out,probably better to hide it,intelligence and assertiveness not allowed toward superiors should be at the end of most jobs these days.

Amazing to hear that effect form calories alone, goes to show how food should be a massive part of human life,eating every 45 mins is tough thing to maintain even for a bodybuilder.
College, 21 credits. Very high-stress, but I'm trying to take it easy.

I always associate anger with liver health and estrogen. I know in Chinese medicine anger is associated with the Liver Meridian. Could mean you are putting too much stress on your liver...or it is being cleaned out? It can be tough to know which is which, but if I would say if it keeps going on, week after week, you should change something around. I know when I first started drinking coffee I felt anger and frustration. Not so much now, but at first yes.
Caffeine definitely makes it harder to bear. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is; I'm taking too much thyroid in the evening, which is negatively impacting my sleep and leading to higher cortisol throughout the day.

tara

@tara
I supplement B-vitamins; dosage varies daily. Cal, mag, copper, and zinc. Fat is below 10 grams per day. Caffeine is 600 mg per day.
Glad you've taken a safer approach to the caffeine. :)

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is; I'm taking too much thyroid in the evening, which is negatively impacting my sleep and leading to higher cortisol throughout the day.
At the rate your current metabolism is going, is there any reason to think you need any?

Seems superhuman and DaveF may have been talking past each other?

Makrosky

+1 I like TCM a lot.
Not only that I think a healthy liver is needed not only to feel anger but to feel emotions vividly. Blocked liver meridian = repressed emotions.

T

tobieagle

Could you put everything you eat in a day on a table and make a picture?
I can't believe it :D
2kg of sugar ... Thats the equivalent of like 45 medium sized mangos.

From which work/paper is this testosterone chart?
That linear fit looks a bit overconfident, if I may say so :D:D

But respect for the experiment !;)

nullredvector

I did this for a while and then I started really raising my dopamine (caffeine, bromo, taurine) and suppressing serotonin (cypro, niacinamide, etc) and my appetite started to come down and fat cravings going away. Idk what I'm at now but a 5lb bag of sugar lasts more like a week than a day or so.

I gained a lot of weight too but I'm probably much more unhealthy than dave