Robustness

Peater

Is a highly bio-energetic state more robust and able to deal with physical and mental stressors? I am thinking in terms of a workhorse vs a racehorse. Or a V8 engine vs a highly-tuned F1 engine. You could also look at it in terms of efficiency vs fragility,

Is there a point of diminishing returns with optimising metabolism?

You would notice if a formerly healthy and energetic is diseased
While barely noticeable in those who are suppressing their defense or operate on a low level since a long time

SamYo123

Look at David Goggins, stress resilent or stressed and unable to cope?

This is why I question a pro thyroid state vs a hypothyroidism guy Which is ready to fight the world?

TheSir

Is there a point of diminishing returns with optimising metabolism?
In the simplest terms, no. There is no realistic ceiling to the development of bioenergetic health. There are a couple of keypoints:

1) While your ability to withstand stressors will keep increasing in tandem with your level of health, what is simultaneously true is that the healthier you are, the higher the fall will be, should you succumb to a stressor.

2) Contrary to your race car analogy, higher levels of optimization do not restrict your playfield, but expand it further. However, the process of such optimization may indeed entail aspects that seem restrictive, as you will need to let go of things and behaviors that are antimetabolic even if enjoyable, or conversely adopt things and behaviors that you do not immediately enjoy.

OP
P

Peater

In the simplest terms, no. There is no realistic ceiling to the development of bioenergetic health. There are a couple of keypoints:

1) While your ability to withstand stressors will keep increasing in tandem with your level of health, what is simultaneously true is that the healthier you are, the higher the fall will be, should you succumb to a stressor.

2) Contrary to your race car analogy, higher levels of optimization do not restrict your playfield, but expand it further. However, the process of such optimization may indeed entail aspects that seem restrictive, as you will need to let go of things and behaviors that are antimetabolic even if enjoyable, or conversely adopt things and behaviors that you do not immediately enjoy.

Great post. It's allowed me to expand on my first post a little. What I mean is, as you say some activities are antimetabolic and are unavoidable. The construction worker up at 5am to get to jobs in the city, and living on fast food. Yet still able to maintain a physical job, day in day out. What is it that allows some people to live like this, whilst some would be flattened by this routine?

Is health simply bio-energy, or is there even more to it than that? I think of posters here (Including me) that struggle with issues for years, while some people don't even know or care about any of this, and "get away with it" for 30 40 50 years.

Look at David Goggins, stress resilent or stressed and unable to cope?

This is why I question a pro thyroid state vs a hypothyroidism guy Which is ready to fight the world?

Can you expand on this?

You would notice if a formerly healthy and energetic is diseased
While barely noticeable in those who are suppressing their defense or operate on a low level since a long time

Agreed, but what I am interested in is the resilience of stopping that fall.

TheSir

Great post. It's allowed me to expand on my first post a little. What I mean is, as you say some activities are antimetabolic and are unavoidable. The construction worker up at 5am to get to jobs in the city, and living on fast food. Yet still able to maintain a physical job, day in day out. What is it that allows some people to live like this, whilst some would be flattened by this routine?

Is health simply bio-energy, or is there even more to it than that? I think of posters here (Including me) that struggle with issues for years, while some people don't even know or care about any of this, and "get away with it" for 30 40 50 years.
Lots of construction workers are unwittingly engaging in pro-metabolic behaviors that compensate for their unhealthiness -- even physical labor itself is protective. Some had good developmental years, some were also born more robust than others, both of which support health later in life,

SamYo123

Can you expand on this?

Agreed, but what I am interested in is the resilience of stopping that fall.

A relaxed pro thyroid state if his relaxfulness is met by a threat, he would feel stressed

If a hypothyroid guy, is met by a threat, he is ready to fight, and isnt so stressed by the situation