Roasted Peanut Gives Me Energy. Is PUFA In It Essentially Bad?

Astolfo

Also, I love the taste of it. I know pufa is bad but how bad is it if taken from natural sources?

milkboi

It doesn't matter if it's natural or not. Only the quantities of PUFA matter. If the peanuts are roasted, a lot of the PUFA will already be oxidized. I don't know if that's better than unoxidized PUFA or not, in my book both are really bad. Also peanuts come with lots of other toxins that I wouldn't want to ingest.

It is said around here that PUFA can increase energy short-term, but that is due to its excitatory action, which in excess will destroy your cells.

Occidencel

Coming from a peanut butter enthusiast-

There are some weird brands of pb that specifically grow them to have mostly monounsaturated fats. The one I’m thinking of I remember had only 1 gram of pufa per serving, according to its label. This is against 12ish grams of mono and 2g sfas i believe.

I too love the taste of peanuts, especially dry-roasted and salted. I avoid nuts day to day but if I come across them in the wild I will indulge. Don’t be a total nut, its not the end of the world to eat a few peanuts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals