*** RLC Labs NDT/Thyroid USP Recall (WP Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid) ***

Peater Pan

*** RLC Labs NDT/Thyroid USP Recall (WP Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid) ***

https://professionals.optumrx.com/c...ls-shortages/drugrecall_thyroid_2020_0831.pdf

Unbelievable! These ******* mooks take their products off the market for two years, ignoring suffering patients, only to reintroduce this crap?

'<90%?' WTF. That's 0-90%, people. The WP I've been taking since March feels way closer to zero than 90. And, last year I got 'super-potent' NP Thyroid from Acella that was also recalled! Who's conspiring to kill the NDT market?

I AM DONE WITH NDT.

Peat's right. It's all trash now except the pre-90s Armour and (I think) the 2015-2018 WP Thyroid.

Myxedema'd Again,
Peater Pan

PS—RLC Labs and Acella can eat my @ss.

Last edited:
That's sad. My mom's taking Thai thyroid which doesn't carry a bad rep but occasionally she reports inconsistencies in how she feels and her lab results have been a bit strange. I wonder if similar things are happening there and how good the QC is on these products across the board.

Myself, I've given up on thyroid supplementation entirely. Back when my TSH was 8 I used to take it. Last 4 years it's been <4 and I've had it as low as 1.9 so I don't consider it necessary to supplement thyroid hormone, I prefer to seek out methods of making my gland work on its own. Red light seems to be doing well for me thus far, in that regard.

Admittedly I can't say I've had good results with supplementing end-hormones of any kind, whether that thyroid hormones, androgens and the like. It doesn't seem right and ultimately always results in some kind of suppression. Providing the building blocks and letting the body do its thing, assuming it still can, seems more prudent...

OP
P

Peater Pan

That's sad. My mom's taking Thai thyroid which doesn't carry a bad rep but occasionally she reports inconsistencies in how she feels and her lab results have been a bit strange. I wonder if similar things are happening there and how good the QC is on these products across the board.

Myself, I've given up on thyroid supplementation entirely. Back when my TSH was 8 I used to take it. Last 4 years it's been <4 and I've had it as low as 1.9 so I don't consider it necessary to supplement thyroid hormone, I prefer to seek out methods of making my gland work on its own. Red light seems to be doing well for me thus far, in that regard.

Admittedly I can't say I've had good results with supplementing end-hormones of any kind, whether that thyroid hormones, androgens and the like. It doesn't seem right and ultimately always results in some kind of suppression. Providing the building blocks and letting the body do its thing, assuming it still can, seems more prudent...
Dunno, but it feels like something going on globally with NDT. I wish I could opt out, but with a TSH >150 when diagnosed, it's not likely I'll ever be free of thyroid meds :( I am so beat down right now. Been myxedema for months. The US 'healthcare' system is a total sham but you can always pay $600/hr for boutique medicine if your rich. Thyronene and Cynos on the way, for my rat. Red light helps. I need to get a large panel.

Last edited:

Elize

I ordered the Life Giving Store product during the week and wonder. Can I drop Synthroid and Liothyronine and just use the LGS product?

OP
P

Peater Pan

I ordered the Life Giving Store product during the week and wonder. Can I drop Synthroid and Liothyronine and just use the LGS product?
I wonder. I've just asked my doc for generic T3 (25 mcg to breakdown) and T4 (50 mcg w/o dyes) so I can mess with ratios. As someone with basically no thyroid tissue, I'm beginning to think 4:1 just doesn't cut it for me. Been moving closer to 2:1, 1.5:1 or even 1:1. Key for me is small, regular doses of T3 and I think maybe T4 at night and early morning. My rat just took his first drop of Tyronene with a meal. Without food, my rat prefers small doses of T3 (2-4 mcg) slowly dissolved in the mouth. Also, not sure that the thyroglobulin-bound hormones in NDT are best for those with Hashi's an or little tissue though I have not yet found a correlation with thyroglobulin antibodies and NDT. I refuse to pay IBSA for their overpriced Tirosint/Tirosint-Sol ($130/mo. in US). Same with Allergan/Armour. Crooks.

Kvothe

I don't really understand why you try all these shady products when you have an extremely trustworthy and transparent source like haidut selling a USP grade NDT.

OP
P

Peater Pan

I don't really understand why you try all these shady products when you have an extremely trustworthy and transparent source like haidut selling a USP grade NDT.
I only just found out about Idea Labs/LGS NDT and pharmaceutical products are supposed to have the correct amount of active ingredients in them but alas…How many millions must suffer while gov protects these shady gangsters?

Kvothe

I only just found out about Idea Labs/LGS NDT and pharmaceutical products are supposed to have the correct amount of active ingredients in them but alas…How many millions must suffer while gov protects these shady gangsters?

Yeah, I was not trying to defend these people. The reason I like idealabs is that they are always transparent and respond to criticism in what I consider a constructive way. Everytime I contacted them for a CoA or had a specific questions I got a response right away, most of the time from Georgi himself.

Elize

I love Haidut and his products. Problem is that they contain alcohol which is a histamine liberating ingredient for me.

OP
P

Peater Pan

Yeah, I was not trying to defend these people. The reason I like idealabs is that they are always transparent and respond to criticism in what I consider a constructive way. Everytime I contacted them for a CoA or had a specific questions I got a response right away, most of the time from Georgi himself.
Pharma is slime. I had gotten stable on WP 2015-2018, then the shortage. They ignored all inquires from patients and then lied about the fact that the newly rebased product had not changed. If I had the energy and means, I'd file a class action law suit. I'm am grateful for thinkers like Peat, Georgi and Danny and those on this forum for elucidating alternatives. Thank you.

Kira

I dont see it on his web-site... what is the name for NDT? thnx

Kvothe

I love Haidut and his products. Problem is that they contain alcohol which is a histamine liberating ingredient for me.

The NDT doesn't contain any alcohol and the amount in one or two drops shouldn't be enough to trigger any histamine release. If it does, order an extra bottle of cypro ;)

Elize

I have Cypro. React to it as it lowers my already low cortisol levels

CLASH

I and friends and family have had success with idealabs tyromax (ndt) for an extended period of time. Haven't done labs with it but it has reliably increased waking temps into the range recommended by Dr. Broda Barnes and Dr. Peat.

Back
Top Bottom