Ritanserin - Serotonin Antagonist For R&D Use Only

lindsay

Ritanserin, just like cypro, is both a peripheral and central serotonin antagonist. As such, it should have effects on gut issues. That is the reason ritanserin has also been tried on people with IBS and carcinoid syndrome, just like cypro has. Ritanserin even produced weight loss results, which is expected from peripheral serotonin antagonist, as a side effect in small human study. As far as I know there are no serotonin antagonists that target only the brain or only the gut. The serotonin "receptors" are everywhere.
Just my 2c.

Fan-freakin-tastic. I need to try this stuff. Thanks for the info.!

Agent207

My hamster can't wait to try this... he's been after reseting his circadian rhythm for long time

Area-1255

My hamster can't wait to try this... he's been after reseting his circadian rhythm for long time
My rats are very excited too, they can telepathically sense that their lives are about to get better. Heck, even their schlong-meter is sensing an adjustment. :D

encerent

Should rats get their dose of this orally or topically? Is a topical application equivalent or could it be even more efficient with the DMSO carrier?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Should rats get their dose of this orally or topically? Is a topical application equivalent or could it be even more efficient with the DMSO carrier?

It is meant as a topical chemical. Not sure whether DMSO would potentiate the effects like it does with steroids, but it will ensure close to 100% absorption, which you never get from an oral dose. So, the 6mg daily dose is probably equivalent to 8mg - 10mg oral.

scarlettsmum

Just got mine today. Will be using it on an adult female rat and an autistic 6 year old female rat that has been on 1 mg of cypro up until now (nearly 2 weeks). I will report with results soon. Both rats will be taking 1mg topically, am hoping it will be enough.

Last edited:

Steveig84

This is relevant to my interests, have a male rat that i would like to test this on....has been responding very well to 4mg cypro

scarlettsmum

This is relevant to my interests, have a male rat that i would like to test this on....has been responding very well to 4mg cypro
I'm not sure if you are responding to my post? If not, ignore my post. If so: Is it for an autistic rat like mine? How long has he been on cypro and what improvements? I think it's too soon for mine, I haven't noticed much change yet.

dand

Ritanserin, in my opinion, has been very comparable to the way Haidut described it. A great serotonin antagonist that is also mildly a dopamine agonist. It is mild only in the context of really powerful dopamine agonists, but it is stronger than most Peat substances that have dopamine agonism, at least in my humble anecdotal opinion. Since starting it and dosing thiamine, niacinamide, and some tocovit, my temps have finally consistently gotten into the mid 98's every day for weeks now. I have been in the Peat world for years now and have always found consistently high temps to be difficult much to my dismay. Another great product from Idea Labs.

Last edited:

skycop00

Ritanserin, in my opinion, has been very comparable to the way Haidut described it. A great serotonin antagonist that is also mildly a dopamine agonist. It is mild only in the context of really powerful dopamine agonists, but it is stronger than most Peat substances that have dopamine agonism, at least in my humble anecdotal opinion. Since starting it and dosing thiamine, niacinamide, and some tocovit, my temps have finally consistently gotten into the mid 98's every day for weeks now. I have been in the Peat world for years now and have always found consistently high temps to be difficult much to my dismay. Another great product from Idea Labs.
Awesome, what are your dosages

dand

Is there a way that this system will contact you once someone respond to what you said? I am going to try and be more active in the forum, but just looking for a way to make sure I respond when people ask questions.

I started off the dosage on the higher side which I think was 12 drops. It did not sedate me. However, after seeing the effective dosage was closer to 6-8 drops I have since lowered it and the response has basically been the same as far as I can tell.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Is there a way that this system will contact you once someone respond to what you said?
Just go to alert preferences under your username and check the alerts you would like to receive.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

NathanK

Results - first 21 hrs (2 rodents)

1. Good mood all day and evening with no drowsiness
2. Best nights sleep in at least 9 years. No RLS.
Excellent! Please keep updated. I have seriously wondered if restless legs/periodic limb movement may be more a mild serotonin syndrome rather than a pure dopamine metabolism dysfunction. Though over time one may lead to the other.

Will be using it on an adult female rat and an autistic 6 year old female rat that has been on 1 mg of cypro up until now (nearly 2 weeks). I will report with results soon.
I'll follow your 6yr old rat trial with a lot of interest. I have a 10yr old autistic boy near to me that takes clonidine and have considered recommending a serotonin antagonist to try.

In all, ritanserin sounds fascinating and enjoy hearing everyone's experiments.

Parsifal

Any idea how to inhibit this? Taurine,mitolipin?
Since people are using benzodiazepines to stop bad trips on psychedelics when it happens, I guess increasing GABA can lower too much adrenaline and prevent dopamine from being converted into adrenaline (it also seems that GABA helps to raise dopamine levels in the brain).

DaveFoster

Experiences have been quite positive; dopamine agonism is definitely noticeable at very low doses combined with cyproheptadine (4 mg cyproheptadine and 1-2 mg ritanserin).

@haidut

Would there be a difference between combining cyproheptadine with ritanserin versus combining cyproheptadine with lisuride?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals