Ritanserin - Serotonin Antagonist For R&D Use Only

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
where is this ??

Where is what? The link to the buy page is in the original post above. It is not on the same page as the dietary supplements due to PayPal and other legal requirements.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
would this be better than lisuride? I know you had plans to release a lisuride supplement so I'm wondering if I should just wait for that

Ritanserin is likely not as dopaminergic as lisuride but it is more dopaminergic than cyproheptadine. So, I guess it offers a sort of compromise between a serotonin antagonist like cypro and dopamine agonists like the LSD-derivatives.

Peata

@haidut

If one needed to stop administering it to research animals, would the scientist need to taper slowly or is there harm to the animals in abruptly stopping?

Last, is it advisable to periodically stop giving the animals Ritanserin in order to not get them desensitized to the dopamine (cause rebound issues, etc)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

If one needed to stop administering it to research animals, would the scientist need to taper slowly or is there harm to the animals in abruptly stopping?

Last, is it advisable to periodically stop giving the animals Ritanserin in order to not get them desensitized to the dopamine (cause rebound issues, etc)?

The studies I saw (and posted some of them above) used it for up to a year without any ill effect. Unlike clonidine, which ha very unpleasant withdrawal/rebound effects, I am not aware of the serotonin antagonists like cypro and ritanserin having such effect. Like any receptor agonist/antagonist, chronic use would change sensitivity to serotonin dopamine, but that would happen anyways with endogenous serotonin and dopamine rising/falling. So, in theory at least, a person taking a serotonin antagonist would not be very different from a person who is naturally stress free and in good metabolic health - i.e. as a result of the lower serotonin synthesis the serotonin "receptors" density increases and the person becomes more sensitive to serotonin as a result. Whether that is good or bad in the long run is not a normative question - i.e. the answer is "it depends" on what you are after. I don't see a need for high serotonin so I think having low serotonin and high serotonin sensitivity is a good thing. Other people may feel differently.

aarfai

I would very much appreciate if the researchers can please report back on Ritanserin's effect on libido, metabolism and stress reduction. Thank you

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would very much appreciate if the researchers can please report back on Ritanserin's effect on libido, metabolism and stress reduction. Thank you

Guidelines for assessing libido effects on rats - intercourse should be robust and aggressive, vocalization high-pitched and genuine, ejaculation vigorous, refractory period under 5 min. It's not a joke, look it up :):

Pointless

I'm also interested in Ritanserin's effects, but this is clearly for research and development only. Maybe we should start another thread in a different subforum for anyone that would like to report on it? This would legally remove haidut from any involvement with in vivo experiments.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Does RP have any view on that? Or, did you ask him about it?

Also, did you experiment yourself?

I asked him long time ago (back in 2012 I think) and he said that it should be pretty similar to cypro but without as much sedation or constipation. I have tried it and prefer it to cyproheptadine. It gives me a very nice mood without the sleepiness of cypro.

Mufasa

I asked him long time ago (back in 2012 I think) and he said that it should be pretty similar to cypro but without as much sedation or constipation. I have tried it and prefer it to cyproheptadine. It gives me a very nice mood without the sleepiness of cypro.

Awesome, also because some people have a hard time getting their hands on cypro :)

GAF

Package received at 11am Friday. Ordered Wednesday at 1:58 pm.

First dose applied to Rodent Number One. Rodent appears calm.

Tarmander

Package received at 11am Friday. Ordered Wednesday at 1:58 pm.

First dose applied to Rodent Number One. Rodent appears calm.

Eventually we are going to be like that drug forum where everyone starts off their posts with SWIM (Someone who isn't me)

Two fluorine atoms...

Yeah I looked up the synthesis of this compound on Wiki and noticed that, which was why I asked about the toxicity. Perhaps they do not get liberated? I am not quite sure how Fluroine works in the body

StrongMom

Thanks Haidut. Any chance it keeps you awake at night? Do you suggest to take it in the morning?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals