Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Charles R. Poliquin

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Spokey, Sep 27, 2018.

1. yerrag

yerrag Member

-hit!

We learn our lesson. It's humbling also when we think we are helping people by giving "sound" advice, only later to find out it's far from sound, dangerous even. It's small consolation that we meant well.

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

Many of the things that lead to early death also reduce quality of life in some way shape or form.

3. ImprovingDaily

ImprovingDaily Member

This is why I dont give advice or testimony unless I've experimented with something for a good long time. I've made the mistake of suggesting fish oil and other dumb sh*t to people and it makes me feel terrible. Made me learn to not give advice unless asked, and to be very conservative with what advice I do give.

4. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Its a sign of maturity to accept one knows very little

5. lollipop

lollipop Guest

+1 on Qigong! @Ella glad to hear you are appreciating it. I certainly am - kind of blown away the difference it is making for both my husband and myself.

6. lollipop

lollipop Guest

+1 @ImprovingDaily - so can relate to regretting some of my prior thoughts on diet. Easy to get caught in mainstream hype - even when it “looks fringe” or hip and new.

7. jitsmonkey

jitsmonkey Member

No.
    You megadosed fish oil due to you.

8. jitsmonkey

jitsmonkey Member

Even if short term they can be incredibly helpful for people with "wasting" oriented diseases.
    For certain athletes in certain contexts it can be helpful in recovery from a serious injury or overcoming a given plateau.
    Context is king.
    AAS can be incredibly useful tools for the right person in the right time and place with a sane and intelligent approach.
    I'm not an advocate and I'm not one for a binary good/bad perspective on things.

and for the record NOTHING brings long term results except behavior.
    whether you're referring to thyroid, milk, oj, protein, whatever.... none of it brings long term results
    you have to wake up every morning and execute the behavior. the magic is in the behavior not the thing.

9. Ella

Ella Member

Heart disease ran in the family of my old lipid chemistry Professor. His father died very young in his 30s, grandfather also. I never forgot how furious he was that fish oils and omega 3s were being pushed onto the public. His comment was, just because benefits have been shown, does not mean we should be showering in these oils. He was determined to not die of heart disease.

What benefits? In the event of needing a transplant of any kind, I might consider omega 3s over anti rejection medications, but then again progesterone may be a better option.
    Fish oils suppress inflammation by suppressing the immune system. Pray we never need to make this decision in our life time and staying away from PUFAs + LPS are major preventatives to organ failure.
    Changes of progesterone-induced blocking factor in patients after kidney transplantation. - PubMed - NCBI
    :thumbup

10. Benyamin Bulluc

Benyamin Bulluc Member

Apparently he died of a heart attack.

11. thomas00

thomas00 Member

DART 2 trial-

"Risk of cardiac death was higher among subjects advised to take oily fish than among those not so advised;"

"Men advised to eat oily fish, and particularly those supplied with fish oil capsules, had a higher risk of cardiac death."

Lack of benefit of dietary advice to men with angina: results of a controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

12. jamies33

jamies33 Member

13. Aleeri

Aleeri Member