RIP Charles R. Poliquin

YourUniverse

How could a person die (seemingly) suddenly by fish oil? Isnt heavy fish oil more of a cancer risk, which is not exactly sudden in its effect.

RIP Mr. Poliquin...

ilikecats

not only does he recommend fish oil but he recommended megadosing fish oil... 30g-45g a day. insane. Im ashamed to say I tried that for a few days

Elephanto

May he rest in peace. This guy actually first put me on the track of avoiding xenoestrogens as he adviced to not take receipts from stores since they are high in BPA.

Some good, some bad
Keep the child but throw the bath

Herbie

I followed him closely for years, bought his books, the more I learnt the more problems I began to observe, I couldn’t see how a person could go on in that state of health. I have the same hunch about Asprey.

We will see more of this in the coming years, health celebrities in their 50s parting ways. Its a mad world, people doing everything they can do keep their heads above water in the confusing and toxic world.

Its written on this forum about the health crisis’s he delt with through life.

It’s a good reminder to stay humble and not build a livelyhood spreading and living by strong ideas and remain curious and be ready to contradict ideas and ways of doing things in a big way.

Charles Poliquin and Paul Chek are both prominent health guys and where best friends but parted ways and went in very different directions and approaches to the body, will be interesting to see what Paul has to say. Im sure he will be devastated.

Last edited:

Arrade

i think it's an injustice to not share cause of death, though maybe it's too early to release

Ella

Forum Supporter
"Death Circuits" aptly coined by Charles. High dose fish oils and Death Circuits not good for the heart, not good for the whole organism. Tragic, 57 is way too young given the average male eating SAD and sedentary would live to see 75 & 80+ if you're Australia.

jitsmonkey

More like the golden nectar...
jk anabolics are muy estupido.

Actually I think anabolics can be powerful tools but like all powerful tools
recklessness is not advised. Juggling chainsaws is not for the meek or long limbed.

Arrade

Actually I think anabolics can be powerful tools but like all powerful tools
recklessness is not advised. Juggling chainsaws is not for the meek or long limbed.
For me, the concern is:
Does it even bring long term results?

What would be the real net benefit. Not negative just curious as I think about it myself

Elephanto

For me, the concern is:
Does it even bring long term results?

What would be the real net benefit. Not negative just curious as I think about it myself

In long-term, usually liver damage. Which will bring down a cascade of chronically high cortisol, estrogen and systemic inflammation promoting vascular calcification.

Anabolic androgenic steroids abuse and liver toxicity. - PubMed - NCBI
[Hepatoprotective effects of silymarin in androgenic-anabolic steroid-induced liver damage]. - PubMed - NCBI

Arrade

In long-term, usually liver damage. Which will bring down a cascade of chronically high cortisol, estrogen and systemic inflammation promoting vascular calcification.

Anabolic androgenic steroids abuse and liver toxicity. - PubMed - NCBI
[Hepatoprotective effects of silymarin in androgenic-anabolic steroid-induced liver damage]. - PubMed - NCBI
I don’t even think it’s liver damage, the higher test will ask for more calcium as it wants to build up bones.

Liver damage isn’t scary to me, the destruction of your hpta or brain damage does.

achillea

A wise woman told me, " Dying is part of living."

Ringo Starr, " It is not how you died, it is how you lived."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals