Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rice Is A 5AR Inhibitor

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by japanesedude, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Member

It's probably something to do with the phytates and other toxins in the husk. I'm sure most other whole grains would have similar effects. Sorghum is interesting, but it's probably also having a stress effect that's causing the surge in dht which I couldn't see in the study but probably also correlated with a rise in estradiol to keep androgen:estrogen balance. Still though, eating sorghum once in awhile might be OK if cycles and came along side anti aromatase foods and drinks like mushrooms, citrus, carrot fiber, and coffee.

2. Arrade

Arrade Member

Lineolic acid is a proven inhibitor of the 5ar enzyme

3. Arrade

Arrade Member

What is more masculine than DHT? The androgen several times more potent that testosterone? There are positive stressors you know, like exertion from exercise building up bone density.
    DHT also controls penis size and voice depth, and is mentally calming.

4. Elephanto

Elephanto Member

Rice bran inhibits 5-AR. It is completely removed in white rice, so this only an issue with brown rice. Brown rice is also routinely high in Lead and sometimes Arsenic, also contained in the bran. It truly is a fraud to call brown rice an "health food".

5. bboone

bboone Member

is this what they call a "cope"? you were right in saying hair dispersion is genetic but just lol at "asians" being "more masculine" in general. and by the way, "asian" is a ridiculous racial term - are you comparing extremely effeminate peoples such as the kinh or koreans to highly masc ones like mongolians and yi? there are always exceptions and variations within a race, but if you are even going to operate with such a ridiculous term as "masculinity" and then start comparing, the criteria to go by isn't the flatness of ass or tiltness of canthals

6. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

What is the criteria then? Oh right, conveniently whatever criteria it is that your group possesses, whatever that group is. Quite lucid.

I see you joined here 6 days ago. Immigrants can be annoying.

7. RisingSun

RisingSun Member

I’m from Hong Kong, and quite despaired at how little masculine are the local men around here.

First physically, lots of them are androgyn, I’ve never seen one country where so many men are mistaken for women.

In the behavior too: they avoid eye contact at all cost, there voice is shaky and they are unconfortable with silence during a conversation, trying to fill the void with a lot of anxiety.

On a night out if you see two asians having an argument, they will just point fingers and shout loudly at each other, like women.

Westerners on the other hand just punch, no question asked.

Action is masculine, discussion is feminine.

8. Upsky

Upsky Member

I am from china. Hongkong is not a country instead territory of China. If you mean Chinese, you are too reckless to draw such a hasty conclusion that Chinese are most androgynous... It ranges so significantly from different regions of China. For example. Northeast and northwest are reputed for their more masculine features... With more manly looks and physiques... the code for their behavior is biased to resolution, determination and self conceit

9. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Can't speak for the eye contact part, but this is actually something I've primarily noticed with my white friends. They like to talk over each other with increasing volume until me, our black friend, or another white dude (a somewhat less "frantic" one) tells them to settle down.

oof. I guess I can't blame you for being in Hong Kong, but only someone who's never been in a western workplace would say something so blatantly untrue lol

10. bboone

bboone Member

no you’re right. their flat asses is the reason asians are universally considered the most masculine race. far above people from the caucasus, georgians, balkanites, iranians, west africans or basically any euro ethnicity before ca 1970. their canthals just werent tilted enough, and you and your friends interactions definitely prove this, as everyone knows ivysaur’s friends represent the «white race» (another brillian racial classification, alongside «asian) as a whole. i’ll assume your last sentence to be an attempt at irony lol

11. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

You seem defensive.

12. bboone

bboone Member

who wouldnt be when confronted with the undeniable force of asian masculinity

13. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Damn, that was a quick change of heart.

14. bboone

bboone Member

[​IMG]

15. Attakai

Attakai Member

East Asians are smaller than average, have less lean body mass and carry more fat in correlation to their bmi than blacks, hispanics, whites etc.
    But they have better skin, hair, higher IQ's, age better and so on.
    On average of course.

16. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Not sure what you're trying to push with that comic.

For the record, I'm not East Asian. I didn't even claim that East Asians were more masculine--you assumed that yourself, perhaps because my writing threatened you. I was simply listing ways in which Asians could hypothetically be seen as masculine. You can read the posts again and make sure--we're barred from editing them after a certain length of time, and my post was almost a year old after all, and you revived it because you were offended.

But it does strike me as curious that the East Asian race is the only one that actually poses a rivalry against the west, and simultaneously also receives the most "acceptable racism", from both the right and left alike. If you take shots at African or Middle Eastern people, the left doesn't like it so much.

If I didn't know any better, I'd write this off as banter--except that when you look at the American historical record, you see the same exact thing happen with blacks as well, leading up to and through the civil rights era. (insults like "boy", etc.). The richer northerners didn't really give a ***t about blacks either way; they neither liked them nor held exceptional hatred toward them. The insults were predominantly from the poorer cohort of southern whites--in effect, the demographic that was most threatened by the prospect of rising black status.

So the only conclusion I can make here is that there's a great deal of white status threat being had--probably due to the extremely successful and recent rise of China.

17. bboone

bboone Member

the "east asian race" is the only one that poses a rivalry against the west? iirc the chinese elite are largely from the north, and there is a lot of altaic admixture in japan

18. bboone

bboone Member

we already established that muscle, size and brawn have nothing to do with masculinity. it's all about ass flatness

19. Attakai

Attakai Member

The most athletic people(asians included) have larger asses than average. Not sure where that's coming from.
    How did we go from observing traits in groups of people and theorizing the correlation of dietary choices, to talking about racism and white status being threatened?

20. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Yes, if you look at economic success. India is arguably next in line, but lags behind China a lot. Arab states are very rich, but only because of oil, not production--and their population is very low anyway and thus poses no threat. Nonetheless, I still see westerners getting very upset about Saudi Arabs for doing essentially the same exact things that Americans do.

Northern China isn't part of East Asia?

You really don't know what Altaic means, lol. It's not even a language family like Indoeuropean is. The Japanese are just Chinese/Koreans who mixed with Ainus.

https://jaymans.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/global-genetic-distances-map.jpg