Revisiting Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

ShivaShakti

Hi @whit

I have used swanson ultra MSM, and it only make my breathing worse and causing insomia. I was wondering if pure MSM would make a difference. So what is your dosage of MSM, Vit C, Molybdemun?

I had been hospitalized for more than a month due to TB and Pneumonia. As a result my lungs have many scars now, experiencing chest pains, tightness and shortness of breath.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

whit

Welcome to the RP forum!
I'm not a doctor so take this as experience based.
The general dosage of the MSM we use starts at 1tsp per 150lbs taken at seperate intervals from other supplements as often as one has need until symptoms resolve.
That being said. Some of your symptoms may have come out of additives in the brand you've been taking.
Lung issues can be serious if untreated.

Last edited:

Queequeg

Hi @whit

I have used swanson ultra MSM, and it only make my breathing worse and causing insomia. I was wondering if pure MSM would make a difference. So what is your dosage of MSM, Vit C, Molybdemun?

I had been hospitalized for more than a month due to TB and Pneumonia. As a result my lungs have many scars now, experiencing chest pains, tightness and shortness of breath.

Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I have found that the enzyme serrapeptase is very effective for scar tissue. Its done wonders for my back and from what I've read can help remove excess fibrin from anywhere in the body.

amethyst

For the last few months I've been experimenting with sulfur compounds because I became interested in their ability to aid soft tissue regeneration. My diet and supplementation regimen are otherwise strictly 'Peatarian', so I found it very encouraging to learn that Ray has a favourable view of DMSO.

Since I encoutered some problems with DMSO supplementation I decided to give MSM a shot after coming across the following study which suggests that MSM (DMSO2) is responsible for many therapeutic effects of DMSO:

I tried three different products, the one with the most noticable effects for me being MSM crystals marketed as 'organic sulfur'. While I found the slight surge in energy and some minor improvement in hair and skin quality very positive, the thing that really convinced to me to continue supplementation was that my several years old stretch marks (striae) began to show signs of regneration for the first time, an effect which I have not been able to achieve with diet or other supplements. After 3 months of supplementing the appearance of the stretch marks continues to improve.

Since I couldn't find any information by Ray regarding MSM, I'd like to ask you whether you believe long term MSM supplementation should be considered problematic from a Peatish POV. This is the one question I'd like to ask Peat if I knew how to contact him :D

I've been looking for studies on sulfur compounds and their effects on the thyroid gland and it seems that organosulfurs pretty much don't affect thyroid function at all.
Oooh this one of my favorite topics! I have used sulfur in the pure organic crystal form and I think it is amazing! I feel it healed my SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) and it's also healed some tendonitis in my shoulder from a sports injury. It's really good stuff IMO! You just mix the crystals in warm or room temperature water and drink it down. 1 tsp per. 100 lbs. is how you measure it. But you do need to drink plenty of water though. I posted this link on another thread but it's worth looking into because it works so well for so many things. I think it's better than just MSM : The Importance of Organic Sulfur | Mountain Well-Being

amethyst

No, they all use a common packaging system that nutralizes sulfur. It used to be the best but results don't lie.
[email protected] is the only one we trust. It's ordered direct through e-mail or phone. They test each batch for purity.
Yours is probably similar to what I use if you are using the organic sulfur crystals.

whit

Yea, the form we take is in pure crystalline form. The study has been testing the effectiveness and safety of
The pure product. it makes me warm and hungry in the morning.
It seems to make other supplements more effective as well.

ShivaShakti

Welcome to the RP forum!
I'm not a doctor so take this as experience based.
The general dosage of the MSM we use starts at 1tsp per 150lbs taken at seperate intervals from other supplements as often as one has need until symptoms resolve.
That being said. Some of your symptoms may have come out of additives in the brand you've been taking.
Lung issues can be serious if untreated.

Yes I agree. thanks for welcoming me and your informative posts

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I have found that the enzyme serrapeptase is very effective for scar tissue. Its done wonders for my back and from what I've read can help remove excess fibrin from anywhere in the body.

Thanks for your concern Queequeg
Did you start low dosage on sarrapeptase? What source? I read some users of irritating their lungs and unusual form of pneumonia developed while using it. I'm being cautious, because it was terrifying when I was not able to breathe that landed me in a hospital.

Queequeg

Thanks for your concern Queequeg
Did you start low dosage on sarrapeptase? What source? I read some users of irritating their lungs and unusual form of pneumonia developed while using it. I'm being cautious, because it was terrifying when I was not able to breathe that landed me in a hospital.

I looked into that and you are right. Since you already have some lung issues maybe you should start low and ramp up say begin with 20,000 su 1 x day and ramp to to 40,000 su 2x per day and keep at that for a while.

It was recommended by some to start fairly high and then taper down after a few months. I am taking 120,000 su of this brand Serrapeptase by Enerex - 120,000U 120 Caps 2x per day. But before I went that high I was taking 40,000 2x of another brand. (dr best) Some doctors have recommended also taking a mixed digestive enzymes with it as they work synergistically. I have been taking it for a couple of months and haven't noticed anything but good results.

I think the main reason for starting high is to get faster results but you have reason for some caution so it would make sense to start slow. Also always drink a full glass of water with it or you will get stomach aches.

Here is a thread which has some great info on it.
Serrapeptase Experiment

Last edited by a moderator:

ShivaShakti

What do you guys think about Sulfur powder USP? Sulfur Sublimed? it is organic sulfur? i've seen some youtube vids, and they're using it for hair regrowth. But can it be used as "daily" internal supplements too? thanks

Neda

Hi everyone, I have an important question. I started taking MSM about 2 weeks ago. When I took it the first day, I became extremely tired and I was sleeping the whole day. And my right hand's wrist was hurting a little bit. I searched online about the side effects and I realized there are side effects and they will go away after a while. So I reduced my dosage and I took only one third of the pill till my body gets used to the supplement. Then I realized that my wrist still hurts. So I stopped taking msm. Now that I stopped for a week my wrist still hurts. Msm is supposed to be good for joints. But my wrist started hurting after I took it. Anybody have any idea why? Any recommendations for my wrist?

whit

Hi everyone, I have an important question. I started taking MSM about 2 weeks ago. When I took it the first day, I became extremely tired and I was sleeping the whole day. And my right hand's wrist was hurting a little bit. I searched online about the side effects and I realized there are side effects and they will go away after a while. So I reduced my dosage and I took only one third of the pill till my body gets used to the supplement. Then I realized that my wrist still hurts. So I stopped taking msm. Now that I stopped for a week my wrist still hurts. Msm is supposed to be good for joints. But my wrist started hurting after I took it. Anybody have any idea why? Any recommendations for my wrist?

Welcome to the forum Neda! Glad you're here.:):

It may seem odd but some of the fillers and binders they use in pills can have that effect.
We've been using the pure crystal powder to good effect.
I've had wrist issues in the past and it turned out to be the elbow was the true source of the pain.

burtlancast

MSM works for my joints in a matter of hours, whereas glucosamine sulfate needs days to show it's effects. It's also more efficient in my experience.

rei

We still use it as nasal spray and eye drops.
Are you saying that you found it not safe or effective when taken by mouth?

I'm extremely skeptical about how you need "ultra purity". It seems to be a compound that is easily purified and 99.9% grade is commonly available. Maybe this thread was simply used to market the product of a certain vendor?

More generally i am slightly interested in it after hearing stephanie seneff talk about the importance of sulfated compounds like cholesterol sulfate and vitamin d sulfate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals