Revisiting Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

whit

Thanks for the tip on taking the MSM-- I'll be trying that tomorrow with my raw milk! I've not met anyone who's had such success with it for allergies but this is exciting news. How long should I expect to notice improvement in allergy symptoms? I'm taking about 2gm/day. Would just taking it orally rather than drops or spray help in the same way for allergies?

Thanks!
Thats a difficult question to answer. The problem is everyone metabolizes and uses MSM differently.
I believe its partly as the body has need and cofactors for utilization. The details are not all known.
That being said it takes most a few months to really see outward signs.
I saw better sinus allergy results when I used it as a nasal spray so I concluded that it's so needed it gets used where it's absorbed. It can smart for a few seconds if the concentration is strong or inflamation is high.
This we've done along with normal oral dose by weight.

Kray

Thats a difficult question to answer. The problem is everyone metabolizes and uses MSM differently.
I believe its partly as the body has need and cofactors for utilization. The details are not all known.
That being said it takes most a few months to really see outward signs.
I saw better sinus allergy results when I used it as a nasal spray so I concluded that it's so needed it gets used where it's absorbed. It can smart for a few seconds if the concentration is strong or inflamation is high.
This we've done along with normal oral dose by weight.

Can you tell me how to determine dose by weight?

Kray

Great, very helpful. I'll consider bumping my dose slightly. Do you know if MSM has any real side effects to look for?

whit

Great, very helpful. I'll consider bumping my dose slightly. Do you know if MSM has any real side effects to look for?

The only one I've heard of is headache or some crisis arising from taking too little.
The theory is the body only only gets enough sulfur to start the detox process and not enough to complete it.
This usually happens within the first few days.
The rest of the effects are positive and numerous.

There are some interviews with the founder of the cellular matrix study on u-tube if you're interested.
There's also a recipe for lime punch that's pretty tasty if the bitterness is an issue.

Kray

The only one I've heard of is headache or some crisis arising from taking too little.
The theory is the body only only gets enough sulfur to start the detox process and not enough to complete it.
This usually happens within the first few days.
The rest of the effects are positive and numerous.

There are some interviews with the founder of the cellular matrix study on u-tube if you're interested.
There's also a recipe for lime punch that's pretty tasty if the bitterness is an issue.

I'll check out the video. It is encouraging to chat with someone who has so much information, backed up by experience, most of all!

Last edited:

whit

I'll check out the video. It is encouraging to chat with someone who has so much information, backed up by experience, most of all!

Thanks
Just make sure the brand you're using is good.
I've yet to find any other than the one we use.
Adiquate hydration is also crucial to proper distribution.

Last edited:

Kray

Pretty sure it is-- 99.9% pure, made via distillation, not crystallization. As I understand it, that is the preferred method. Also no fillers, excipients, etc, just the powder.

whit

Pretty sure it is-- 99.9% pure, made via distillation, not crystallization. As I understand it, that is the preferred method. Also no fillers, excipients, etc, just the powder.

Good.
Most of the companies in distribution are all about cutting corners to increase their margins.
If you're not pleased with your results then you can call and order from the one we use.

Kray

Good.
Most of the companies in distribution are all about cutting corners to increase their margins.
If you're not pleased with your results then you can call and order from the one we use.

Whit,

Just found this reference from Peat: MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND OTHER HORMONE-RELATED BRAIN SYNDROMES

In the paragraph heading, "Supplements", I read something about prolonged used of sulfur. Can you explain if/how continuous use of MSM could be similar/problematic to those he mentions insofar as copper is concerned? Also, can there be methylation problems for some taking MSM?

Thanks!

whit

Whit,

Just found this reference from Peat: MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND OTHER HORMONE-RELATED BRAIN SYNDROMES

In the paragraph heading, "Supplements", I read something about prolonged used of sulfur. Can you explain if/how continuous use of MSM could be similar/problematic to those he mentions insofar as copper is concerned? Also, can there be methylation problems for some taking MSM?

Thanks!

There is usually a case to be made for copper disregulation/toxicity.:eek:
Peat mentions this on page 13 of Nutrition for Women and how it mimics the effects of estrogen.
There are some who have issues with lack of copper. It's generally considered rare but still possible.
The same could be said for Selenium as Sulfur and their relation to chelate other metals like mercury.
It could be considered wisdom to cycle off all supplements within some protocols.
The question should be what reason are we supplementing?
As for supression of the methylation path I'm not aware of any, only that sulfation is gentler on our bodies.
One could conclude it's preferred path of nutralizing toxins.:shame:

giles

whit

Is this the product you are referencing?

NaturoDoc: SuperSulfur™, 16 oz.<br>Organic sulfur without fillers

I'm assuming it is because the email you referenced was cited on this page: The Sulfur Study

We use [email protected]
I don't know if natuodoc gets his sulfur from Patrick or not.
What about Source Naturals one? no fillers added, optiMSM.

I'm not sure about this one. I've not tested it for purity. If it comes in a capsule though it's likely tainted.
Even the loose powders are run through a hopper that's usually had mag stearate in it to keep it from clumping. Most if not all these other brands don't get the same results.
Hope this helps.:D

Last edited:

giles

Is this the product you are referencing?

NaturoDoc: SuperSulfur™, 16 oz.<br>Organic sulfur without fillers

I'm assuming it is because the email you referenced was cited on this page: The Sulfur Study

It seems like you have done a lot research into Sulfur and its benefits. I hear it's great to detoxify the cells in your body, and I've heard reports from smokers that it's great for the lungs. That intrigued me.

What is your basic protocol for taking it. (Dosage, timing, Vitamin C with it?Etc.)

giles

We use [email protected]
I don't know if natuodoc gets his sulfur from Patrick or not.

I'm not sure about this one. I've not tested it for purity. If it comes in a capsule though it's likely tainted.
Even the loose powders are run through a hopper that's usually had mag stearate in it to keep it from clumping. Most if not all these other brands don't get the same results.
Hope this helps.:D

Whit, my question in the post above was intended for you. I accidentally quoted myself. :X

whit

FirstTE="giles, post: 163803, member: 3239"]It seems like you have done a lot research into Sulfur and its benefits. I hear it's great to detoxify the cells in your body, and I've heard reports from smokers that it's great for the lungs. That intrigued me.

What is your basic protocol for taking it. (Dosage, timing, Vitamin C with it?Etc.)[/QUOTE]

First of all it's important to recognize that my experience and yours will likely be different.
But its usually administered by weight and then by symptom. When some start they're so starved for it a teaspoon every 20min is needed. Most of us however the dose is one tsp. Per. 150lbs. Twice daily.
I'll take it 20min after some juice and milk in the morning.
It will increase metabolism so support is important. Unpasturized Milk is a primary source of MSM.
I therefore believe milk has cofactors to deliver sulfur to proper channels.
Patrick can also help with questions. He is all about water but I'm more for supportive substances.
Taking time off from MSM is advisable for some after a time of therapeutic doses.

Kray

Whit,

Interesting comment about the availability of MSM naturally in unpasteurized milk. Would you think it necessary to supplement MSM if this kind of milk is a staple in one's diet? I've often heard that when people switch to raw unpasteurized milk, they are able to tolerate it over the commercial milks, helps against allergy type symptoms. Maybe it's the sulfur in the milk?

whit

Whit,

Interesting comment about the availability of MSM naturally in unpasteurized milk. Would you think it necessary to supplement MSM if this kind of milk is a staple in one's diet? I've often heard that when people switch to raw unpasteurized milk, they are able to tolerate it over the commercial milks, helps against allergy type symptoms. Maybe it's the sulfur in the milk?

I'm all for getting important life sustaining substances from whole food sources when possible.
I'm not sure however of the content or quality of MSM found in an unpasteurized milk product.
Their are so many variables, so an average MSM content would be the best hope of outcome.
The optimum dose is what I'm interested in without negative side effect.
I do believe you're right in that unpasturized milk is most beneficial.
MSM is likely an instamental factor in what milk has to offer.
There's so many reasons to love milk.

By the by how is your experience with MSM coming along?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals